Perez Assaulted -- Claims Will.I.Am Is the Perp

6/22/2009 9:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Will.i.am, Perez HiltonCelebrity blogger Perez Hilton is accusing Black Eyed Peas frontman Will.I.Am of assault -- but we've learned cops have targeted someone else.

After last night's MuchMusic Video Awards in Toronto, Perez posted to his Twitter: "I was assaulted by Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas and his security guards. I am bleeding. Please, I need to file a police report. No joke."

But cops in Toronto tell us it was the general manager of the Black Eyed Peas -- Polo Molina -- who is under investigation and he turned himself in to police early this morning.

Here's the string of tweets Perez left on his Twitter page during the alleged beatdown early this morning:

-- I'm in shock. I need the police ASAP. Please come to the SoHo Metropolitan Hotel now. Please.about 5 hours ago from Sidekick

-- I was assaulted by Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas and his security guards. I am bleeding. Please, I need to file a police report. No joke. -- about 5 hours ago from Sidekick

-- Still waiting for the police. The bleeding has stopped. I need to document this. Please, can the police come to the SoHo Met Hotel. -- about 5 hours ago from Sidekick

-- I spoke to my lawyer. I really need to talk to the authorities. Please come to the SoHo Met Hotel. Have called the police. Need them here. -- about 5 hours ago from Sidekick

-- The Toronto police are here now. Thank you. Please stop calling them. -- about 5 hours ago from Sidekick

-- Thank u all from the bottom of my heart for ur concern. The police are investigating the assault now. I did the right thing by reporting it. -- about 3 hours ago from web

Ashley

you'd think if he was so badly hurt he'd call the cops himself immediately instead of twittering about it every 10 seconds. attention whore.

WitchyWoman

Its about time someone kicked that jerk's ass! He makes a career of dissing, badmouthing, bashing people and now that the shoe is on the other foot he can't take it! If you can't stand the heat Perez Hilton, get your dumb ass out of the ktichen! He's a stupid douchebag loudmouth who's only claim to fame is his ability to call celebrities names. What a loser! If indeed someone put their hands on him (which he probably enjoyed) they should get an award!!

Rocker 23

There is some justice in this world. Anyone who can't call the police on their own deserves to get bitch-slapped. PLUS.....it was Perez freaking Hilton. Right on! This man is nothing but a spectator to others lives, how pathetic.

Kevin

As irritating as Perez appears to be, it is surprising that he doesn’t get beat down on a daily basis. Oh, and next time dial 9-1-1 idiot! Last time I checked it is still the proper way to get help during an emergency. It’s even faster than posting on twitter.

Miracle

Welcome to the real world. If you run your mouth from somewhere other than behind the security of your keyboard you might get your ass kicked. You should just stay home weirdo.

Tracey

What a MORON! If he's so dumb he has to report his assault via TWITTER instead of calling 911 like NORMAL PEOPLE DO...than the dumbass deserves what he got.

Sounds like nothing more than a publicity stunt to me.

Diane

I'll be a Blackeyed Peas fan now for this!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!

Pinky

15. If the guy turned himself in he might be guilty of a hate crime.... looking forward to see how this plays out. No one deserves violence.

Posted at 9:12AM on Jun 22nd 2009 by JJ

Why would this be a hate crime? Mr. Hilton made a slanderous comment in order to get a reaction, and he got what he wanted. Mr. Hilton was not struck because he is a homosexual but because he insulted another person who has the same right to personal dignity and freedom from attack that Mr. Hilton does. I've also wondered why he was a judge at the Miss California pageant, anyway. I thought judges were chosen because of their professional qualifications. To my knowledge, Mr. Hilton has demonstrated none. The entire Miss California brouhaha was a farce, and she should not have been taken to task for stating her opinion. I suppose no one had told her that there was only one correct answer. How absurd.

Rob11

LMFAO hah ha i rilly dont allow violence but perez deserved it 10000 times lol wil.i.am hit him wit that BOOM BOOM POW LOL!

Chrystal K.

This is so crazy. I wonder what happened.

Grambling504

GOOD, Whoever punched this SISSY, PUNK AS-, did not punch him (it) hard enough. Next time or next person at bat please make sure he is stunned long enough to never be able to TALK again. Hopeless case for him and his CLUB MEMBERS.

MalikTarrant

I saw someone say this might be considered a hate crime. Believe me, Perez Hilton getting beat down had nothing to do with him being gay and everything to do with him being a complete douchenozzle. I have absolutely nothing against homosexuals, and in fact support gay marriage...but I'd punch Perez Hilton in the face simply because he's an annoying moron who needs to get his fat ass off my television.

Alice

I think Perez is a racist and is guilty of a hate crime himself.

james

Cry cry cry. Talk about drama queen! Perez, You make me embarrassed to be gay. It's been a long time coming. You're right. violence is never the answer, But I think I think you need a virtual bitch slap. Now go and cry to your lawyers. ROCK ON PEAS!

Mistress Rage

I don't buy his crap--who the hell twitters 911? I mean really?!