Perez to GLAAD -- Now I'm Mad!

6/23/2009 9:04 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Perez HiltonGLAAD was furious when they heard Perez Hilton used a gay slur to attack Will.I.Am on Sunday night -- and even asked for an apology -- but now Perez is ticked off at the organization for being ticked at him. Follow that?

Hilton, a former GLAAD employee, tells TMZ:

"I am saddened GLAAD chose to victimize me further by criticizing me for how I non-violently dealt with a very scary situation that, unfortunately, turned violent. While I doubt I will get an apology from GLAAD, nor do I expect one, I would just hope people know how difficult it is to intellectualize a situation and think rationally when a thug disguised as a musician is screaming at your face and intimidating you. I am just very fortunate and grateful that nothing more serious happened to me."

terryeo

Really, who reads Perez any more? There are much better and funnier gossip columnists. Michael K of Dlisted.com comes to mind as a columnist who's not only gay, but not as mean as Perez, either. Michael K is always putting himself down (and in very funny ways). Perez, on the other hand, shields himself behind "Free Speech", yet fails to heed the proverbial limitation of shouting "Fire" in a crowded movie theater. Perez spends too much time ass-kissing certain celebrities and insinuating the sexual orientation and drug use of others. Plus, his news are always so old that you wonder why you bother reading his "scoops". While I don't believe in violence, Perez brought this on himself. I'm not saying he deserved it, but he certainly was to blame for saying the inflammatory things he said in front of a drinking crowd. I find his actions to out people deplorable and classless. Don't forget that this is the person who tried to claim an exclusive several years ago that Fidel Castro had died! So, anything he says -- especially the extent of his injuries -- should be suspect.

Tee

Oh just wash Perez mouth with soap, little does he know that everybody is glad he got his behind whopped. Because it reveals the real Mario. He is nothing more than a hypocrite. His claim to fame is smearing people.

todd

This is justice.
It's only too bad whoever punched Perez didn't do more damage.
Would putting him in a coma have been too much to ask?
Somewhere right now, Carrie Prejean must be smiling...

xcalibur

GOD SAID, LET THERE BE LIGHT... THERE WAS LIGHT. GOD SAID LET THERE BE FIRE... THERE WAS FIRE. GOD SAID, LET THERE BE PEACE... WE'RE WORKING ON THAT ONE (SUBSCRIPT NOTATION), BUT IN MOST OF THE WORLD THERE IS. GOD SAID LET THERE BE NO MORE PEREZ HILTON... THEN THERE WERE THUG MUSICIANS!! THANK YOU GOD. GOD BLESS U!! =)

Teddy

What a ham! Perez stop being a b**** boy and take the beating like a man it was bound to happen. Be a critic with ppls work but most of the time u sit there calling ppl ugly, when ur not that pretty to look at... It was bound to happen, u stepped on the wrong star twinkle toes.

you must stupid

"Intimidation!?!?!?!" Hmm.....isn't that exactly what he was trying to do Carrie? But unlike Mario, Carrie was brave enough to look those in the face that opposed her and beat then down with facts and reality.

KARMA, BITCHES!!!!

SoHot

Stop going to his tired-ass site. Write his advertisers and tell them why. Put him out of business. Of all the gossip bloggers, he is the lamest and the latest with the news. No loss in not going there.

Anita

Someone finally gave the bitchy little queen a good smack. He had it coming!!!

you must stupid

Wasn't Mario triyng to "victimize" Carrie? Wow, I guess what goes around really does come back around.

dani948

Mario will never own up to it. He behaves like a narcissist and a sociopath, which means he doesn't admit wrongdoing, ever, does not apologize, doesn't take personal responsibility for his action or words, talks out of two sides of his mouth, feels that it's okay for him to do certain things but not others, (different standards of behavior) and in general doesn't feel remorse for anything that he does. There's something very empty and lacking within him. If you've ever seen him in interviews it's interesting to watch his face and hear his tone of voice when asked if he ever feels bad about what he does to people (and sometimes the children of celebs) on his blog - the look of surprised confusion on his face just about says it all. He can't compute what they're referring to because he can't feel what a normal personal feels. So when they ask that it's like he runs into a wall.

All his grandstanding (marches, protests, etc.) in the streets on behalf of gay rights is just a show, it's something for him to do so he can look good, like he was "on the front line battlefield" or something. Then he'll take credit for it later when gay rights finally happen, like, "I was there, I made it happen, it was me!" Narcissists take credit for things they really didn't have much (or any) involvement in, while refusing to take responsibility for the negative things they do actually do.

you must stupid

And to this this intolerant bigot, just a few days ago, was thinking he was the Savior of the gay rights movement. Oooopsie!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

TW

Is anyone else as sick of this Hilton guy as I am? He needs to find a hole and climb back in!

Bren

God he is an idiot. How he non-violently dealt with it? I think choosing the worst thing to call an already pissed off person is just asking for violence. Perez cannot intellectually rationalize anything, ever. I knew at some point he would get his ass kicked...I was just expecting more. He took to twitter to get people to call the police...how attention whorish of him. Maybe the cops didn't show up originally because it wasn't a big deal. What the hell would he do if he was a normal person who didn't have his status and twitter?

Cattie

I could tolerate Perez until yesterday. In his little video, I finally realized how annoying and dumb he really is. I think this incident turned a lot of people against him, which is sad, because he clearly dug his own grave. Oh well, R.I.P Perez.

Jiggy

Please kill this no talent freak. Im sick of this freak fairy.