Travolta Treks to S. Africa for Jett

6/24/2009 6:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Now we know where John Travolta was when his new movie "The Taking of Pelham 123" was in junket mode -- in South Africa, honoring his late son, Jett.

john travolta

Travolta rented out the entire Eagles Crag Lodge on the Shamwari Game Reserve earlier this month for his family and close friends, according to hotel staff.

John and his family often traveled there on safari -- something his son truly loved. Someone from the staff said John made it clear he was there to honor Jett.

See Also

Two Plead Not Guilty in Travolta Extortion Case

Animal Lover

It makes me cringe how people can be so down right mean. The Travoltas lost their beautiful young son and monsters can come on here and post their nasty, vile messages...it's just sickening.
There can be no greater pain than losing a child..I don't care if you have zillions of dollars or are dirt poor...the pain is the same.

FIRST!!

Kelly

rest in peace Jett :)

Sarah

Second, Suckers!!

Justin is Calling

Travolta finally admits son Jett was Autistic. Rest in Peace, Jett.

According to the Royal Bahamas Police Force report on Feb 25, 2009, Travolta states "Jett was Autistic:

hairspray

I never did comment on his sons passing before when TMZ was posting all that crap because I thought it was disgusting and I wanted to stay far away from all that junk as possible but now I feel compelled to just tell this website how I feel as short a paragraph as possible. I may not like it, but I realize celebs are in the spotlight and are going to be judged and talked about and known all over the world and gossiped about, I guess thats just the world we live in and some people for some reason like to constantly gossip about that. However, I found it absolutely appalling all the stuff that was written on here about his son and everything else, the media might think their doing us a favor by keeping us informed but I dont like it one bit. The media needs to just go away one of these days and realize everyone is a human being. Their were soo many rumors and crap and people commenting on the situation it was just so absurd. It was absolutely horrific what happened and its sad when anyone you know or are close with passes away no matter what their age and it stays with you forever, but I cant even imagine for a second what people go through that lose a child. I probably wouldnt be able to go on because I couldnt take that kind of awful grueling pain for the rest of my life, and the fact that these stupid media stuff comments on all of that just adds sooo much more pain. Theirs no way he can get his son back just like anyone that passes we can never get back which is just awful but thats how life works sometimes, their whole family and friends and fans and the world was grieving right along with them and it was just horrible and the media really needs to back off and leave people alone especially in such an awful terrible time, but the media likes to make money off of crap and sometimes they dont seem to have a heart, maybe thats just me but thats how I feel. They will be grieving and hurt and sad and lost obviously for the rest of their lives and I just hate it that the media gets pleasure off of commenting on that all the time like they used to. Some people are really not with reality and seriously need to get their brains checked and find their hearts somewhere.

American Psycho

Jett was the product of Johns affair with Rita Wilson.

Look into it !!

Per

God grant them peace. Their beautiful son is Heaven now. Praise Him.

STEVIE

REST IN PEACE JET 4RM UR DADS FAN IN AUSTIN TX JOHN MY CONDOLENCES GO OUT 2 UR FAMILY ITS NOT EASY I KNOW IT IM SURE HES LOOKING DOWN ON UR FAMILY.....R.I.P. JET

I am

People grieve in their own way. Don't quite cotton to the idea of taking children on safari. I'm sure there were plenty of other experiences shared by the family in varying locations all over the globe that could have been memorialized. With all that they've endured, they certainly don't need PETA OR the paps on their backs. Oh,and I wonder if brother Joey was one of the invited family members?

Liz

When my brother died, I watched the ongoing pain my parents suffered...beyond what any human should emotionally endure. And, it never goes away...it simply becomes a new reality for the family. My thoughts go out to the Travoltas.

corinne

Perhaps if the Travcltas had treated Jett as they should have he would still be alive;if he had cancer would they not have treated that either?

Intense Visuals

There's always a c*nt in the bunch. We're looking at you Corrine.

kadengirl

Place looks nice, real nice. Can I come over?

JANE DOE

DISGUSTING- They are NOW releasing pictures of this poor Dead Boy.
They hid Him in shame when He was ALIVE!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments