« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Laila Ali:

Keep My Daddy

Out of Your Divorce!

6/24/2009 9:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Laila Ali is fighting her husband's ex-wife, who now wants to drag Muhammad Ali into her child support battle.

Laila Ali, Muhammad, Ali
Laila's hubby, former NFL star Curtis Conway, has been embroiled in a financial battle with his ex, Leoria Sanamu Conway. Leoria wants more child support and she's apparently trying to prove Conway is now rolling in cash courtesy of his wife.

Leoria is trying to subpoena Laila's financial info, including "her inheritance or potential inheritance." Laila and her hubby have asked the judge to block the request, arguing it's a blatant invasion of privacy and "clearly designed to harass and burden Ms. Ali."

They've been battling it out in court all week. So far, no ruling.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Karen

Once a golddigger always a golddigger. Ali's money has nothing to do with his child support. If she can't live on his, do something on your own. His exwife is showing the reason their marriage didnt work to begin with, MONEY HUNGRY HO

Me

Depending on the state, they can consider a new wife's income. And inheritance is often considered income for purposes of support. But that's after she's gotten it...not while he's still alive. You can't consider POTENTIAL as income.

Sylvia

This is between the ex and husband not Laila. It would be ridiculous to bring in her expenses that have nothing to do with the ex's case.

beachbabe

Anita

The way to beat this is for a couple to keep their finances separate and to always file separate tax returns.
That way, the wife's income cannot be considered.

Violette-Blue

I agree with all of you who said that Laila & Muhammad's money has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with her need for more spousal and/or child support. That is between her getting herself a job and her ex-husband and how much he can afford to give her. What Judge would allow this kind of crap to go on?? I'd throw her out on her dumb golddigging ass and tell her to get a life and a job.

JANE DOE

Muhammad Ali -LUV HIM!!!!

First whores!

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. Rumble young man rumble!

The Louisville Lip is the greatest.

First whores!

why is it that people fear muslims but no one fears muhammad ali? even the most ignorant bigoted americans who hate muslims and muslim countries love muhammad ali.

Kay

21. It amazes me that there are any spelling errors on these sights. People.com, cnn.com, etc. always have spelling errors. Inheritence is used twice above in the same sentence. Why is it spelled two different ways? If I was looking for a job at TMZ and mispelled any words on my resume, would that be overlooked?

Posted at 8:49AM on Jun 24th 2009 by me

Before you send off that resume, try 'sites', 'inheritance', and 'misspelled'.

First whores!

Damn Coco, you go girl!

shena

This story is sickening, but I saw something I had to comment on besides that...... There is actually someone with the name "Strong, Independent Women Seeking Child Support"..... Now, I know that both parents should be financially responsible for their children, but can we say "oxymoron?"

As far as this story goes, that woman is greedy and should be ashamed of herself. I don't know how the law in their state works, but if she were here she might just win. According to the laws where I live, the child (children) have to live in a way they are accustomed to living at both parents house.... so, the parent who makes the most money pays the amount needed for the other parent to match lifestyles.

JANE DOE

CORRECTION...
LUV Cassius Clay
THE FINE ATHELETE!

HasBeens

Altho this is nothing new, it is still disgraceful. It doesn't matter whether the parents are famous or not, I have friends who have married a man (or woman) with chidren from a previous relationship, and the new spouse's income is used to decide how much child support the children get. It sucks, but it's done more than people may realize. I don't understand how ANY woman (or man) could sleep at night or live with themselves for attempting to do something so underhanded...but they are out there.

Courtney

smh. i'm NOT laila...and IIIII feel violated.
People can be so dumb sometimes...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments