Elton John Sings for Michael Jackson

6/25/2009 7:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Elton John was in the middle of his annual "White Tie and Tiara Ball" when he was rocked by the news of Michael Jackson's death.

elton john

We're told Elton is singing right now at the event and he's dedicated his song "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" to Michael.

Liz Hurley, Hugh Grant, Lily Allen, and Kelly Osbourne were at the party -- however several of the guests left once they heard about the news.

Kevin O

MJ was more of a man than most of us,he was himself.can we say that

katryana

Who's gonna sing for Farrah?

Nico Bellik

Quote "the profits made from the sales of the Princess Diana version of "Candle in the Wind" were donated to her charities." Actually, the profits from sales of the single were donated to charity. Profits from album sales and licensing, etc, went into fat Elton's fat pockets. Not to mention, to buy that PR would have cost a fortune. If you think Elton didn't make a bundle from Diana's death then you are very naive. And for the record, Diana and Elton were not friends, they were acquaintances... I dare say the same is true for Elton and MJJ. Cashing in on someone else's death is nothing short of sordid. He is a parasite, feeding off the fame of others, and their misfortune.

dumbpeoplehater

you people are so effing mean. grow up and have a little respect would you?: children have lost their father, a mother lost her son. grow up!!!!!

ApostropheCatastrophes

Wow, I was really thinking it was going to be "Candle in the Wind (Part 3)." Leave it to Elton John to take someone else's tragedy and use it for person gain ... again. Also, as other commenters mentioned, it seems unwise to sing a song that goes "Don't let the son [pronounced the same as "sun"] go down on me" given the pedophilia allegations against Jackson. Not exactly the most respectful choice.

DIEGOP

THAT BLOODY SONG AGAIN, MAKES ME SICK ! THE WORST THING IS THAT MOST OF ROCK AND POP STARS ARE NEAR OR OVER 70 YEARS, SO BE READY TO ALL KIND OF ELTON´S SAD SONGS ON THE NEXT YEARS. HE WANTS TO BE SURE THAT SOMEONE SINGS FOR HIM SOON.

Chet

I Love Elton John, he sang for Princess Di too. I would be just as saddened if he passed. We are blessed to have such awsome talents shared with us. My life has been personally touched by Michael's and John's music and dance. I had an opportunity to see the dress rehersal of Elton John's Red Piano at Caesars Palace (second row). I'll never forget, what a treat! People, the world needs to respect such angelic musical icons; they are very rare. Please read my book Essence of the Soul (avail. amazon.com and dorrancebookstore.com)

Its never been a better time to do some soul searching. Thanks Michal, I'll love you always. God Bless you all!

Jackie G. Thomas-Conrad

I will miss you everyday Michael. My thoughts and prayers are now with your beloved children and family.
R.I.P. always~~Allah will take it from here Michael--no more worries for you. I love you. AJ

BamaBych

Oh wow! I felt like i was in middle school reading these comments.I dont understand why people have to be so rude,and nasty about people they dont like.Why not just move on to a different website?It's so sad that some people feel good when they offend others.I grew up listening to Michael.I have always loved his music & when i realized what an amazing & caring person he was i loved him as well.His death is very sad to me.I hate that he was such a sad person.I think that most of his adult life was painful for him,all of his memories of his childhood & all.I think he was always trying to "find hisself".I'm so sorry that he is gone,but I know that now he will be at peace with who he is finally.Maybe he can teach GOD to moonwalk..LOL that was in no way meant to be rude,i love both Michael and GOD...now Michael wont have to feel lonely anymore.I was really looking forward to his "THIS IS IT" comeback tour,i hate it so much.I love him & will miss him greatly...RIP Michael... (Oh & much love to Elton John as well...he always sings to his friends who have passed on out of love and respect) he gets plenty of attention....how silly some GROWN folks are.

JANE DOE

RIP -REAL PEACE!!

CAN'T STAND ELTON, BUT I'LL OVER LOOK HIM TODAY!

Ariel

I love Elton john...he has such a kind heart.

Mr. Krinkle

DON'T LET YOUR SON GO DOWN ON ME! fitting isn't it?

The Observer

Just as long as he doesn't re-release "Candle in the Wind" for the 100th effin' time.

sissy

Why did people leave? Was there a celebratory party going on somewhere? For the secret society of MJ haters?

dave

should be more like please let your son go down on me

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments