Jackson Danced and Sang Last Night

6/25/2009 8:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've learned Michael Jackson showed no unusual signs of distress -- he was rehearsing his upcoming concert at the Staples Center in L.A. But, we're told, like other nights of rehearsal, Jackson was both hours late and lethargic.

michael jackson staples center

We're told rehearsal went late into the evening. Jackson was singing and dancing with the backup dancers and the band. Someone who was there says Jackson was supposed to show at 7 PM but didn't arrive until 10 and he was "listless." But that was normal, according to people at rehearsal.

Right now, some of the cast and crew are at Staples, packing up their stuff.

Daze

I am surprised at how sadden I am by the passing of Michael. Yet, it is like the end of an era. I was never one of those who had anything negative to say about him. Who of us who came up in the 80's were not influenced by him or his music in some way. I did not know him, but one of my best friends did work for him several years ago and her sister in Santa Barbara was a close friend to him. They knew him as a sweet, soft-spoken, childlike being. Very kind, with not an evil bone in his body. They never believed the negative cases about him and children. He was attracted to kids as an equal, as a childlike soul himself, not in any perverted way. He was a victim of people wanting to use his kindness against him for money. Who of us could be hounded by so much media, publicity and surrounded by vultures, would not be a little strange? Some celebs are strong enough to handle the vultures around them. Others, like Michael and Anna Nichole, fall victim to these people (managers, agents, lawyers, doctors, ticks and leaches) who try to suck the $ out of them. They tried to do it to Brittany Spears. Her family stepped in and saved her...so far. Other celebs like Madonna are too strong to let it happen to them. Michael was weak. He drowned. God rest his soul.

Diana-NYC

How dare you judge him! The media made his life a living hell! He was found innocent. Get over it. Now that he's dead, you want to do the same thing to him that you did when he was alive! Only god can judge. He was human. Yes, he had his problems just like everyone else in this world. MJ should be remembered for the good things he's done. Did he molest those boys? I know one thing, if it were my child who so called got molested, no amount of money in the world would have stop me from pressing charges against MJ. I would not have backed off until the bastard was in JAIL! Money can't buy happiness. (His life was living proof of that.) What does this say about the parents that accepted the money. The fact is that no one will ever know the real truth behind all of this.Thank god that there are more people in the world who love him. Michael Jackson will live on 4ever. Millions will still adore him and his music will live on despite what people say!!!! My heart goes out to the Jackson family and to all the fans who truly loved him. I love you Michael! You will never be forgotten.

Maria

I hope the kids stay with Michael's family.I sure that was what he wanted.Love you forever Michael.I miss you so.Rest in peace.

Tony, England

Woof!

Tellenitlikeitis

The children are now safer out there

Gigi

MJ WAS NOT UP TO THIS SO CALLED NEW SHOW. HE WAS FRAGILE,HE WAS SICK,HE WAS GOING TO DO IT FOR MONEY THAT HE WOULD HAVE NEVER HAVE PAID BACK ALL HE BORROWED, HE WAS DOING IT TO JUST KEEP LIVING IN A FANTASY WORLD. MJ WAS TRULY PETER PAN, HE NEVER EVER GREW UP,HE WAS A VERY,VERY SAD PERSON. I WATCHED HIM TRYING TO FEED BLANKET THE OTHER NIGHT WITH A COVER OVER BLANKETS HEAD AND HIS FEET AND LEGS GOING A MILE A MINUTE, IT WAS A VERY SAD THING TO SEE. HAD HE BEEN A NORMAL PERSON AND I SAY NORMAL BY HIS NOT HAVING MONEY HE'D HAVE BEEN UNDER A DOCTORS CARE IN A MENTAL HOSPITAL YRS,. AGO, SO PLEASE LETS NOT MAKE A MARYTR OUT OF HIM BECAUSE HE WAS TALENTED, HAD HE BEEN ANY JOE BLOW OFF THE STREEST HE'D HAVE BEEN LOCKED UP YRS. AGO AND HE'D HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO BUY 3 BABIES. HE WAS A LOVING AND CARING SOUL THAT HAD A HORRIBLE CHILDHOOD THANKS TO JOE HIS FATHER AND B/C OF THAT I THINK IT TRULY STUNTED HIS GROWTH AS A PERSON MENTALLY, HIS FAMILY KNEW THIS,THE PEOPLE THAT WORKED FOR HIM KNEW THIS YET NO ONE HELPED HIM. HE MADE THE RULES AND SADLY EVERYONE WENT BY THEM. I AS A MOTHER OF A BI-POLAR DAUGHTER AND A SON THAT IS 42 AND A CHONIC ALCOHLIC,KNOW I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING,SO I MORE THEN APPRECIATE KATHERINE AS A MOM, SHE'S A GOOD MOM THAT IS AND HAS ALWAYS STOOD BY HER CHILD. GOD BLESS HER AND WHAT A TRAGIC END FOR A LOVING,CARING PERSON AS MJ WAS. RIP MJ

vinicius figueiredo

he is thye most singer and a performance singer of the world , sucesfull , inclusive excentric. Now he is in the FOREVERLAND with GOD. Good Bye Michael.

pl

How weird that the same place he was alive and kicking, practicing for his tour a little over a week ago will now be the place for his memorial....

Miss Tiny

I love Michael Jackson yesterday,today,and tomorrow! It seems like i lost a family member myself. I didnt just jump on the M.J. bandwagon.The way he moved fans across the world was amazing and i havent seen people cry or faint since M.J. back in da day! You'll b sadly missed Mike the world loves you.

lilcupid

I can not wait till this is over so the family can grieve in peace, we will always love and rember micheal jackson
and I also do not beleive the world has realized what we lost when we lost him.Sorry that the pages of your lifes book was fill so soon but god needed you to rest he felt you did what you were put here to do try and "HEAL THE WORLD".

Cécile Courtais

Hello,
sorry but j'm french and my english is not so good, so i will write in french and hope you can translate. Je voulais juste vous faire part de mes doutes concernant la vidéo des répétitions de Michael Jackson 2 jours avant son décès. Dans la vidéo, on ne voit pas le panneau "this is it", on ne le voit que sur une photo, cela pourrait être un montage. La chanson "they don't care about us" fait partie de l'album "History" de 1995. Et lorsqu'on voit Michael sur la vidéo, il a l'apparence qu'il avait à l'époque, pas celle qu'il avait avant son décès. Après recherches, je pense que cette vidéo date de sa tournée "History", filmée certainement à Munich après la sortie de l'album en 1995. Pourquoi ? Je vous laisse enquêter. Merci de me tenir au courant si vous menez des recherches à ce sujet.

Cordialement,
C. Courtais

me

He will be dearly missed :(

Ddizzle69

Be careful what you do, dont go around breaking young girls hearts

DONDON

WOW....

First whores!

Hi mom! I had a delicious Big Mac and fries today for lunch. Can we go again tomorrow?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments