Michael Jackson Dies

Celebs Go to Twitter

6/25/2009 8:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonSince news of Michael Jackson's death today, celebrity friends and fans have released the following reactions on their Twitter accounts:

Arnold Schwarzenegger:
We lost a great entertainer and a pop icon. My thoughts and prayers go out to Michael Jackson's family, friends and fans.

Diddy:
Michael Jackson showed me that you can actually see the beat. He made the music come to life!! He made me believe in magic. I will miss him!

Samantha Ronson:
His music is just as relevant now as it was the day they pressed record, I'm sure it will remain so for generations to come.R.I.P.Mr Jackson.

Dane Cook: I'm dedicating my show 2night to Michael Jackson. THRILLER got me laid. Well... At least thats what I told my friends.

Heidi Montag:
the world has suffered a GREAT loss today Michael Jackson my thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and fans God bless.

Ice T:
Rest In Peace Mike. People can say what they want but you were 100% original. WE will always love , miss & remember your GREATNESS.

John Mayer:
Dazed in the studio. A major strand of our cultural DNA has left us. RIP MJ. I think we'll mourn his loss as well as the loss of ourselves as children listening to Thriller on the record player.

Ashley Tisdale: So sad. Saying a prayer for Michael Jackson.

Miley Cyrus:
michael jackson was my inspiration. love and blessings

Ludacris:
If it were not for Micheal Jackson I would not be where or who I am today.His Music and Legacy will live on Forever.Prayers to the famR.I.P.

MC Hammer: I have no words.. I loved Michael Jackson.. RIP..

Kelly Rowland: Michael you left such a legacy on this earth, have touched SO MANY!!! We thank you for such a driving inspiration in music & our lives!! This has got to be one of the saddest days in music history!! Michael Rest In Peace! WE miss you!

Star Jones: Death comes to all. But great achievements build a monument." He IS and WAS the greatest entertainer of all times...Peace to you brother.

Lindsay Lohan
: NO OMG ... sending my love and prayers out to Michael and his family ... i feel sick..

Marlon Wayans: My prayers, my love, my heart goes out to michael jackson and the entire jackson family. I pray so hard for them. I'm crushed! Please pray.

Pete Wentz: Prayers and thoughts with michael jackson ... I haven't hope in so long that news isn't true.

Kim Kardashian: Wow I am truly in shock that Michael Jackson has passed away! I love u Jackson family, my prayers are with the whole family!

Ashton Kutcher:
Rip Sending love and light to family and friend but especially his kids.

Shanna Moakler: The hard thing about getting older is watching all those who inspired you pass, love to the jackson family..

Rachelle Lefevre: Rest in peace Farrah Fawcett & Michael Jackson. Condolences to their families.

derrick

I really feel so down , he was really a fighter for our black race and now it feels so sad to lose him. RIP we always love you micheal, cant forget smooth criminal my favourite

candice

I LOVE YOU MICHAEL... R.I.P YOU MEANT SO MUCH TO ME MY FAMILY AN FRIENDS... WE LOVE YOU AN MISSING YOU ALOT... YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE A PLACE IN OUR HEARTS... AN WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED...LOVE ALWAYS...

chango666

WOW . . I almost forgot . . today is laundry day . . off I go . .

psalm83:18

Rev 21: 3, 4

RIP MJ - Hope in the resurrection - C U Soon!!!

Mr. Makk

Michael Jackson...two words that will forever be a part of Music History. It is unbelievable that as I type this I sit here remembering how this man influenced me and many of my friends to pursue our dreams of fame and fortune in the music business. From copying his signature moves to imitating his percussive vocalizing (chicka, chicka, uh, uh shumone, daht, Hee Hee Heeeee), his legacy lives on in generations of fans who loved him.

R.I.P. MJ

peskybarb

I guess David Carradine is already old news... but my count is 1) Carradine 2) McMahon 3) Fawcett ... so this makes it now 1) Jackson ... they usually go in threes.... UH OH! who are the next two? it sucks..........

MikeAlike

Fame and hypersensationalism ruined Michael Jackson's perception of himself. I never felt like he could live up to the success of "Thriller" and was constantly trying to match that "kind of" achievement- no doubt the record companies wanted more of the same- which will also ruin an artists life and probally did.

His appearance scared me- it was a testament to reality and what happens after commercialization alters ones life. I have no or little respect for those around him that never helped. Where was Oprah and Suzie Orman when he needed financial advice. People like Justin Timberlake are imitations- Michael was an original, its true that others feed off famous people- I always thought Justin Timberlake wanted something for himself from M.Jackson: dance moves, fans, notoriety.

I thought Madonna's feeble attempts to cash in on the publicity from Michael Jackson were horrid. From her altered kiss scene on MTV with Brittney Spears reminiscent of the Lisa Marie Presley+ Michael Kiss- to her crotch grabbing acts- and her positioning of seating this past tour- legs spread like the "Scream" video. Getting that high pitch in the studio is also work for some of these- wanna be's.

Michael Jackson's music is everywhere today- his physical appearance no longer weighs the sound down. And the "famous" entertainers who imitate him should be kareoke singers. Long live fame and the ignorance that surrounds its acquisition.

-MikeAlike

ijAcK

we'll be missing you MJ. R.I.P.

Ball Johnson

R.I.P. 2 THA GREATESE ENTERTAINER OF ALL TIME...MICHAEL JACKSON.
ME MYSELF IZ TRULY DEVASTATED BY DIS BECUZ I GREW UP ON MIKE
GROWIN UP IN THA 90'S BEIN PUT ON BY MY MOM & FAMILY LIKE I WAZ
DEFF A FAN OF MIKE.FROM CLASSICS LIKE THRILLER, BEAT IT, BILLIE JEAN
etc... ALSO FROM IMMULATIN ALL HIZ MOVES & EVERY THING HE DUZ
LIKE WEN I HEARD THA NEWS I WAZ INDENIAL ABOUT IT. EVEN NOW
I STiLL DON'T BELIEVE MIKE IZ GONE. LIKE DIS JUSS CAN'T BE TRUE. MIKE
CAN'T BE GONE, I DON'T BELIEVE IT'Z HIZ TIME. BUT UNFORTUNATLY WE LOSS
A MUSIC LEGEND AND WE NEED 2 START EMBRACING ALL THA POSITIVE THINGZ
DAT MIKE HAS DUN & NOT THA NEGATIVE. MICHAEL JACKSON WAZ A GREAT MUSICIAN
&& PERSON AND IT'Z SO SADDENING DAT HE IZ GONE. BUT NOW HE'Z IN A GOOD PLACE
WHERE THERE ARE NO FLAWS AND EVERY THING IZ GOOD. R.I.P 2 MICHAEL JACKSON 4EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

melanie flores

I hope people remember there is a family deeply wounded by this. Respect and privacy is something they deserve. I know Mr. Jackson is at peace, singing and dancing with all the greats lost before. My prayers are for his family who are sure to be hounded by media and haters. Please let them be. My tears are flowing..........

Joshua

$400 million in debt, a tarnished reputation with the brand of "pedophile", a supposed comeback taking place in England only with an emphasis on his "final shows - his final curtain call" and now $85 million in ticket sales that may not be returned to concert-goers, or perhaps they might, dependent on how he died. Bodyguards and an entourage keep the public from seeing Michael Jackson in his own back yard and yet they allow an aerial shot of the body that could have easily been moved without being seen and a newscaster announcing that the body being seen was in fact the body of Michael Jackson - who elses would it be? Where is the emotion in a family member doing a press conference about his youngest brother dying just hours ago? At a time with numerous lawsuits and debt, death washes all of that away and death by cardiac arrest as opposed to suicide keeps the life insurance payout in play. Tell me: Is Michael Jackson really dead or did he just pull off the most famous disappearing act of all time?

bob

Another celb OD. F---ing idoits.

arryanna

Im mad and sad that michael jacksoN PASED HE WAS THE GRATTIEST SINGGER EVER PAYERS TO JACKSONS FAMILY

Ana

I send farts out to everyone's family!

Ana

People can kiss my big ol' funky junk trunk!

Previous 15 Comments | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments