Quincy Jones -- I've Lost My Little Brother

6/25/2009 7:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Quincy JonesWe just received the following statement from Quincy Jones, who produced Michael Jackson's legendary "Thriller" album:

"I am absolutely devastated at this tragic and unexpected news. For Michael to be taken away from us so suddenly at such a young age, I just don't have the words.

Divinity brought our souls together on The Wiz and allowed us to do what we were able to throughout the 80's.

To this day, the music we created together on "Off The Wall," "Thriller" and "Bad" is played in every corner of the world and the reason for that is because he had it all...talent, grace, professionalism and dedication.

He was the consummate entertainer and his contributions and legacy will be felt upon the world forever.

I've lost my little brother today, and part of my soul has gone with him
."

michael Jackson

Jard

WHY did Michael turn into an Opiate Addict?? PAIN maybe, mental pain..Another talent wasted on Drugs. and then an OVERDOSE..How Sad, I know this story all to well..It makes me very Sad..Such a waste..To hear He was turning into a man who was LATE for gigs and a No Show.. He could not get it together..He was in to deep to get out..How would he ever get this world tour going?? With a personal Doctor, DR Feelgood..It aint all the Docs fault like Anna NS., Elvis.The police will blame the DR..Mike was just a guy with talent and he blew it in the end...NO BIG DEAL..IM too naive to understand the molest thing..I dont know , I dont understand..Maybe he did play with all these little boyz.. Bad Scene Ya All

1945 days ago

Deb

Together, Quincy and Michael made magic that the world will enjoy forever. RIP, Michael.

michelle

HE WAS A TRUE ENTERTAINER. A GOOD SOUL. A GREAT FATHER, BROTHER, FRIEND, AND SON.
I WISH TO EXPRESS MY CONDOLENCES TO HIS FANS, HIS FAMILY, HIS FRIENDS, HIS CHILDREN.
THERE ARE NEVER ANY WORDS ADEQUATE ENOUGH TO EXPRESS, TO OTHERS YOUR CONDOLENCES TO THEM AT THEIR TIME OF GRIEVING AND LOSS.
ALL ONE CAN SAY..IS WE REMEMBER HOW HE MADE US ALL SMILE. WE WERE, AND ARE AMAZED AT THE TRUE TALENT HE POSSESSED. HE WAS ONE OF A KIND. I WAS ROOTING FOR HIS COMEBACK, FOR HIS HEALTH. TO ME, NO MATTER WHAT ALL OTHERS SAY AND FEEL. THERE WAS NEVER A PERFORMER LIKE HIM, BEFORE...AND THERE NEVER WILL BE,AGAIN. GOD BLESS.

Jae Mercy

Such a sad day.. I remeber grabbing my mom's (Off the Wall) 8 track and playing it allll day. Asking her all about the guy singing. Bad was the first tape I bought with my own money! At least now he can have some peace.

jlove

What a sweet statement. May you finally have peace Michael.

JANE DOE

THEY MADE BEAUTIFUL MUSIC!!!

craziness of others

3. Does the Guinness Book of World Records know how many children he's been with?

Posted at 7:15PM on Jun 25th 2009 by Cleveland-West_S

If there ever was a time for the most ignorant and just plain unnecessary comment to come out of your thoughts and placed here for all to read, it has just been displayed right here, this is why there is so much wrong in this world by unknowing (were you there)?and uncaring (he is gone) people like you. This is a time when there should be compassion at least until he is in the ground, my goodness, then I guess you will be the one to joke about the so called children being safe now because he is gone...once again I ask were you there? I guess there can not be any more of those "cruel people" people that wanted to send their child to his house just to get the money. No one really knows cause we were not there.

Peggy

Mr Quincy Jones,

I too grew up loving Michael Jackson's music. Watching him dance these amazing dances!! Oh, Lets now forget Thriller..OMG..He was the King of Pop !! When he got older, He seemed to change so drasticaaly .Self absorbed with his looks and who knows what kind of things affected his thinking. He was such a mystery man. I will certainly miss hearing his music, He was a true entertainer.God Bless his children and family in this sad day of his death. Farah Faweett"s death was very sad news to hear today too..June 25th, 2009 is a day of sadness for the "ENTERAINMENT WORLD" today.

michelle

CLEVELAND, WHAT IS YOUR DEAL? EVERYWHERE I GO ON TMZ. TO SHOW RESPECT FOR A TRUE TALENTED ENTERTAINER, AND GOOD SOUL. YOU HAVE TO BE HERE. CONDEMNING SOMEONE, YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. YOU WEREN'T THERE. GOD IS THE ONLY JUDGE. YOUR JUST SHOWING YOUR TRUE LACK OF CLASS. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND. MICHAEL WAS TRULY A GOOD SOUL. HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT HIS MEMORY, HIS FAMILY, HIS FANS AND FRIENDS. WE WEEP FOR MICHAEL. GOD WEEPS FOR YOU. Sow a thought, and you reap an act; Sow an act, and you reap a habit; Sow a habit, and you reap a character; Sow a character, and you reap a destiny.

Bobby Justin

I can't believe the comments I am reading here about CHImoe'ing. Shame on you peeps.

Kelly

May your victims - past and future victims now have their peace.

megafox

I study entertainment because Michael inspired it today i just don't know what will inspired me next it is so lonely there is no word for this I wish it was not true God bless michael jackson for ever

tracy

Truly unexpected. But we can only celebrate his art. He truly is an icon. Heaven's music got THAT much better =)

jessica 777

You are so much to so many .You are loved by so many. For you have truly changed our world, our lives for ever. It was magic, it had to be , yes it was . It was in your smile, your walk and especialy in your voice for god truly touched you and in return you shared with us. Thank you for every you have giving us good and bad .You showed people that all of us can make mistakes and with out family your nothing for love is family. With your music alone you have heal many hearts and home .All across the world our hearts are hurting because you have lefted us but it ok because we know that it was you time and only god know why he decided to take you home in time our hearts will heal and the tears will stop but you will never be forgotten .P.S GOD ONLY TAKE HIS ANGLE HOME .WE LOVE YOU ALWAY MICHAELL

Di

He may have been a true entertainer, but he was a self destructive, mentally troubled, sexual deviant. I stopped listening to him after he settled with the first kid to the tun of $20 million. No one settles for that kind of money unless there's something to be covered up. I saw this coming for years, and can't say I'm sorry.