Debbie Rowe --

She Gets Custody if She Wants

6/26/2009 12:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Debbie RoweDebbie Rowe is poised to take full custody of the two children she bore for Michael Jackson.

It has been widely reported Debbie Rowe gave up her parental rights to Paris and Michael Jr. That is not true.

During the custody fight that Rowe had with Jackson in 2005, she attempted to give up her parental rights, saying Michael was the greatest father ever. Retired Judge Stephen Lachs, who presided over the hearing, initially ruled her rights were terminated ... but then Lachs reversed his decision.

Here's what happened. We spoke with Lance Spiegel, the lawyer who repped Jackson at the time. Spiegel says under the law, the Department of Children and Family Services must conduct a parental fitness investigation before parental rights are terminated and that didn't happen with Rowe.

So Rowe has never given up any of her parental rights. As a result, under California law, Rowe is now presumed to be the person who will get custody. The only way Rowe can be denied custody is if a court determines it would be "detrimental to the children."

As for whether Rowe will ask for custody .... our sources say you can bet on it. We're told if Rowe gets custody she will get "a huge amount of child support from Jackson's estate."

Michael Jackson Children Photos

lilkunta

Do MJr & Paris even know their mom?
If those 2 do go to their mom, who will get Prince?

I wish you all strength MJr, Paris, & Prince.

Sharona

Absolutely she should get the kids. I am stunned at how disrespectful Nancy Grace was last night on her show over the death of Michael. Why anyone watches this character I will never know.

Reynaldo

Not sure if she should have custody or not, because I don't know anything about her that is actually true or not (of course). So I just hope that a judge will use good common sense when it comes to who raises these children. Also, it's VERY disturbing reading some of the comments that people are saying-I mean filty words and evil thoughts and comments about Michael Jackson. People either liked him or not-and his music was seperate from the personal Michael too. WHY can't people let him alon even if they didn't like him??!!!! He is dead and why talk ill of the dead in these dispicable ways especially. Think about his family, friends and especially the three kids. Life for them all has to be very hard right now. My prayers are with his family and all his friends. No matter what you thought of Michael, the hurt that these people are going through right now and in the days to come, is very real and genuine! So if nothing else, at least respect that!

In Jersey

How does anyone on here know for sure those kids are 'messed up'? Did you have play dates with MJ's kids and observe unusual behavior patterns? Dont even go to the kids have to wear vail's, you dont know why they were on... it could very well have been MJ's way of keeping their identity secured. Some of you already mention they are "too white" to be his kids. I know people who have mixed race kids and their father is as black as night but the looking at the kids you would never know. The life they had with their father is between them and their dad, unless you can state first hand FACTS on their upbringing keep your trap shut..

As far as Debbie Rowe, I sure hope she doesnt get those kids. She had no interest in them for years, why start now.... MJ's Mother, another one who should keep their mits off them, look how MJ turned out and anyone thinking she would do better with his kids is only kidding themselves. The best place for those kids is to one of his siblings. The lower the profile any of them had, the better off the kids would be. Let them mourn the death of their father and come to peace in the conditions of his death.

nitosha

I dont think those kids are mikes biological children anyway

Diane

Any mother who has so easily given up her kids the way she did does not deserve to get them back for the love of what? MONEY. Those kids need the love and support of Michael's family. God bless them.

sultrysiren

where is the photo of michael being worked on by the paramedics? saw it on the news but can't remember which media outlet has it.

Dixie57

If she has not been in these kids life up to now, she SHOULD NOT get them ! That is just INFRIGGINSANE !!!! They should all be able to stay together. Life was already a drama in the making, and now their dad is gone. They need to be kept togther in a stable home. I am not sure going to grandma is the best either .. after all ....the atmosphere Michel was brought up in does not need to be repeated at any cost. I think one of the aunts or uncles , that will protect them and keep them safe should get ALL THREE of the kids.

Per

Seems I read somewhere that Janet would get the children if something happened to Michael.

I also read that the Nanny is going after custody and that Michael wanted HERE to get custody if anything happened to him.

I think those two choices sound better than the elderly grandparents or the mom who sold her kids.

ShayM

13. Yes, the kids are white, they are not Michael's bio kids. Michael was a self hating black who bleached himself to get white and paid a white woman to have his kids with some unknown white man's sperm. Sad, sad, sad.

Posted at 12:07PM on Jun 26th 2009 by Nellie

What a brainless, silly, uneducated and asinine comment. I’ve sat lurking in these forums for months and months and even laughed at some of the funny remarks made my seemingly intelligent people. Today, though, I have to say something about some of the discourteous, imprudent, utterly stupid uncivil, ill-mannered, boorish, disrespectful and insensitive retorts posted about Michael Jackson and his children. I can't believe who they let on the internet now-a-days. Everyone with the click of a key can perpetuate 'crap' like this. For the sake of intelligence, desist from passing imbecilic judgments, unless, of course, you have some data that you can provide. What inside information do you have to support your allegations that those children are not Michaels? And...just in case you're using the color theory, let me just brief you that my children are just as light as Michael's children, and I assure you, I am black (negro black) and my husband is Italian. Clearly, you haven't been educated in simple biology - perhaps you might have been asleep in class the day they explained how complicated genetics is. And another thing, what do you mean by Michael was a "self hating black who bleached himself to get white." How stupid. Seriously, your comment tops the leader board for the dumbest remark ever! I relax my hair once every three months (for easy manageability, among other things) - and I can assure you, that I don't do it because I hate being black. Because trust me, I love my self and would have been delighted in any race the good Lord had given me. Our fore-fathers fought and died so that we have the liberty, in America, to do what we want (as long as it does not encroach on another's right) without having to answer to anyone. He changed his complexion and did whatever he's done for reasons that you or I will probably never know. But who cares anyway. I'm placing you on full blast, for being so comical and utterly stupid. And speaking of "sad, sad, sad…" it is you who are sad. You've turned me off from reading posts for quite some time.

SJ

What estate? He owes almost 400 huge. There will be nothing left for support when the estate is settled. If there is anything left the lawyers will get it. Hell, the court may even have to assign a conservator at CA tax payer expense. He has been floating on speculated cash for some time but now the bills are due (via probate resolution). He'll even have to pay back advances for the London shows and possibly even damages for breach of contract (he can defend these.... for some hefty legal fees, but if he died by reckless disregard for his own life, depending on the riders in the performance contract, he may be on the hook for expectation damages to the show promoters).

It takes some assets to cover 400 million outstanding.

So, does she really want the kids in that she might have to foot the cost of raising them herself?

JoDale

I wish Janet was mature enough to take them. This Rowe lady? Does she have other children too and what about the little one? This is so sad. I feel for the kids.

jabba

She is too into her ANIMALS and livestock to take care of kids. The only reason she would want them is MONEY. Poor kids. And as I understand it, the last one is not hers--so what do they do, divide them up? I don't think Michaels parents should get them either because of the way they raised their own!! Joe would put these kids to work in a heartbeat!!! I pray for a somewhat normal placing. Perhaps one of the siblings is stable enough to take them! Sending them to Rowe just isn't right! She might be the biological mother, but that doesn't mean anything!!!

Terre

Sorry but she sold those kids Janet should get them.

legal beagle

The kids can`t possibly be his biological kids. He may have dyed his skin white but his DNA is black and he was
not light skinned as a child. I do not know if he was a self hating black man but the kids were not
of his sperm. Still he is the legal father so the origin of the dna is not all that important.