Michael Jackson CPR Mystery Unfolds

6/27/2009 11:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonOne question investigators will have for Michael Jackson's personal physician: Did he botch early CPR efforts on the King of Pop?

On the 911 tape obtained by TMZ, one of Jackson's staffers tells the dispatcher that Jackson is "on the bed" and that a "doctor is here." The doctor is Dr. Conrad Murray.

Several EMTs tell us it's odd that a veteran cardiologist like Murray would attempt CPR while Jackson was on a bed.

Common CPR practices call for the patient to be on a hard surface -- because it is difficult to compress the chest on a soft surface. The 911 operator told the staffer to "get him on the floor."

Cops have yet to officially interview Dr. Murray, but this will almost certainly come up.

Comenpeace

TMZ you guys were on this story from the jump and you stood by your facts even when "other" news outlets were saying that you guys jumped the gun, also you guys are covering this story with professionalism and grace and for that you have a forever fan in me. Thank You Mr Levin and staff..... As for Michael Jackson's family I am sorry for your loss and may you find strength in these trying times.

Sherlyn

Days before his death MJ was ok..he was dancing,singin,joking...his dancers said that he didn t looked like ill.I think this looser doctor killed him...just think about...the doc didnt know that MJs got to be on the floor...the dispatcherhad to tell him,to put MJ on the floor...
sad...

Cory (yes Feldman)

I have overdosed on Demoral and they gave me Narcan to bring me back.

larry brown

that damn mickey mouse doctor did something to michael jackson it's because of him we don't have michael anymore.i hate you you murderer

Laura

I have a couple of problems with what has been released so far.

First the Dr. performing CPR on the bed instead of on a hard surface. That is CPR 101. Also, why wasn't there an AED? They also teach you how to use those in CPR class & I know that MJ could afford one.

The next thing that bothers me is the whole demorol issue. If this dr. had been giving this to MJ over any period of time, why did the dr. not have Narcan on hand in case of an accidental overdose? That's what a responsible dr would do.

And finally, if MJ died of cardiac arrest, the coroner would've seen heart damage in the autopsy. But instead of hearing about heart damage, we heard that they needed to wait for the other test results to come in. There's more info known by the coroner then what's being said.

myt23

This doctor is beginning to sound like an idiot. Why didn't he have a nurse? He can't do everything alone.

Elly.R

I HIGHLY DOUBT THAT MICHEAL WOULD HAVE OVER DOSED ON ANYTHING!!!!!!!! HE WAS WAY TO EXCITED AND DRIVEN ABOUT HIS UP COMING TOUR.......AS FOR THE DOCTOR I PERSONALLY FEEL HE IS AT FAULT FOR SOMETHING WETHER IT WAS HIM GIVING MICHEAL THE WRONG DOSEAGE OR SOMETHING ELSE BUT THE WAY I SEE IT IS IF YOURE A DOCTOR AND YOUR PATIENT IS DYING ************YOU DONT FLEE THE SCENE UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO HIDE !!!!!!.... IM SURE SOMETHING IS BEING LEFT OUT THE PUZZLE ISNT FITTING AT ALL*********** MJ'S DEATH HAS TRUELY TOUCHED MY HEART DEEPLY MY TEARS DO NOT GO UN-NOTICED ..LONG LIVE THE KING OF POP...WE LOVE YOU

50centDoll

#30, yes thats exactly what happened with Anna. And the 911 operator said the samething "put the person on the floor", in both cases they where in the bed because the person in the room with them knew they where alread DEAD!

The REAL DEAL

To #20 - Posted at 11:11AM on Jun 27th 2009 by 50centDoll

Your absolutely the biggest moron to ever post on TMZ. Your argument is so full of silly contrived facts and your incredible lack of education and intelligence shines a bright as the sun. All of his friends had confirmed he was severly addicted to prescription pain killers. He has not performed for years. His family is highly disfunctional and lives like paracites off of Michael. His father severly abused his kids both mentally and physically while his Jehovah Witness mother turned a blind eye. He was dead when the 911 call was made. Police are following proper procedures. No cover up. The doctor is scared as he most likely administed the final drug that stopped his heart.

A tragic ending to a tragic figure in American music history. He will be remembered as a great performer, a highly excentric person and a child molester. This is the legacy HE CREATED FOR HIMSELF. He lived and died on his own terms - now you need to accept that and move on with your life.

CW

Anna Nicole was a drug addict. Michael was a drug addict. these people are walking time bombs. Who is to say that MJ would have live wether his CPR was given while on the floor. I think that MJ was already dead when the 911 call was made.

Princess

I said that when I first heard that he was doing CPR on a bed. Even I know you get a person to a hard surface or on the floor. Unless MJ had a medical Bed in his house or something. What I also notice was the panic and confusing in the Dr.s Voice from the background. Most Dr.s are not panic type of people. This Dr. Was a sick O fan you can clearly tell that from his letter to his patients etc.. This guy just leave them all in limbo.
Also I was wondering is it Murder if that Dr. was the person who interjected Michael with the medical drugs? does anyone know if this can be considered murder?

tom

I agree with #3 (carmen) a nurse is who really takes the steps to really care for a person.... also before I said that the is at fault and they will charge or go after him, and they should go after the doctor. come on CPR on a bed? thats like pissing in a wind tunnel... and a concert promoter (AEG) hired the heart doctor arent the the ones who owns alot of concert arenas? then on the other hand too Michael Jackson had a choice also by trying to get him self off of the pain medications...and one last thing.... THIS WILL BE IN THE COURTS FOR A LONG LONG TIME.

Zeety

Enough with the hair-brained conspiracy theories TMZ! The man is a cardiologist, the people who develop the guidelines for CPR administration. I'm pretty sure the doctor was qualified to determine whether it was better to perform the procedure on the bed or the floor. I'm also sure Jackson didn't have the cheap, springy mattress you all have in your bedroom and are imagining everyone else has, especially since he had back problems. It's also stupid to make an issue of this while failing to mention that the 911 dispatcher noted that the doctor's discretion over ruled his authority. Put the bong away, TMZ.

OCresident

MJ had gone through so many major plastic surgeries to look as he did before his death. He was very lucky to make it through the last two decades. Dr. Murray should not be blamed or liable for MJ's death.

I am already sick of this story lets get another juicy one!