Last Time We Saw Billy Mays

6/28/2009 12:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Billy Mays was in New York just a few weeks back -- and, in typical jovial Billy fashion, he tried selling photogs on the "best French restaurant in town."

Billy Mays: Click to watch

brinnie

THEY SAY IT COMES IN 3''s BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS!! I DIDN'T LIKE BILLY MAYS AND HIS LOUD MOUTH UP UNTIL A MONTH AGO, WHEN I ACTUALLY LISTENED AND REALIZED HE WAS NICE LOOKING MAN. WHAT A SHAME. MY CONDOLENCES TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS. I JUST KNOW THE AIRLINE WILL TWEEK THEIR WAY OUT OF THIS,

RosieKaCh

Billy was no Michael Jackson for sure BUT an icon in his own way. He was loud yet could take a joke and teasing. I have bought some of the stuff he advertised and was never disappointed. There was something entertaining about him. Go ahead and tell me I need a life - you're right! Unless someone is a killer, a rapist, a terrorist, etc., all life and loss of life needs to be respected. RIP Billy - I for one will miss you.

enginenut

you will always be rembered

kms

R.I.P Billy mays. but i have some things to address.everyone is tired of hearing about freakin michael jackson. farreah died that same daay and we dont hear one word about her. as for somebody posting a comment on this storry "R.I.P Michael Jackson. Nobody wants to read about Billy." thats wrong. maybe u dont want to hear about him but other people do. mj was in court for molesting a child,farreah did nothing like that and billy didnt either,so give them some air time.!!!

Barbara

First of all, my condolences to the family. I am very sorry for your loss.

Is the article saying, If everyone has his/her seatbelt on, he/she will NOT get hit in the head from flying debris? Sounds like the airline is trying to shift blame and not doing a very good job of it.

AirlineCritic

I'm sure we can expect more and more of this as the Airlines force us to carry on more luggage instead of checking it where it belongs.

flobie

mays had more class in his pinky than mj had in his whole body and more than some of you losers here that wrote the unsympathetic crap about him. up urs!

Dawn8255

Bigbassman_9, Are you making up for your short comings again? Ever since we stopped dating you have been nothing SHORT of an A-Hole. Stop trying to make yourself feel bigger (then it really is) by putting others down. Grow up (if it can)

Jim

Mr. Billy Mays was a great father. Inventors all over the world hoped they could meet this man and possibly get their products pitched by him. He represented the American way of "self help" and the possibility of pulling your self up by your own boot straps.

Jim

INKLING

When are airlines going to be held responsible for their accidents? The last flight I was on some old woman grabbed her heavy carry on out of the bin that was above somebody else and it fell on the girl'sr head. It sounded like it cracked her skull wide open. I hope she is still alive. She was obviously in a great amount of pain and was crying. I told her she should immediately go to medical, but I doubt that she did. Her husband, (military), was meeting to pick her up and had been waiting for over 2 hours for this late DELTA flight from HAWAII. I should've given her my phone number in case she wanted to sue her. That old woman should've NEVER tried to get her rolling carry on, (roller on?), out from a bin above somebody else's head. If it was me she dropped it on I would've clocker her. Airline attendants should make people stay seated until the row in front of them is cleared and THEN let them get their bags. Lock those bins down and open them as the rows are emptied. Some clown from 7 rows back put his crap in my overhead and damaged my son's brand new leather jacket that was in the overhead, and numerous times I've had people come from other areas of the plane to get their crap out of the storage while the plane was in flight. ENOUGH ALREADY! LOCK those overhead bins and limit them to jackets, briefcases, or purses. Attendants need to make people stay seated until the row ahead of them is out. Like little children, the adults who fly need to learn about waiting for their turn to disembark. Poor Billy didn't even know how serious his injury was. THEN US AIRWAYS tried to get away with saying he didn't have his belt on. Whether he did or not, that wouldn't have stopped a piece of luggage from flying out of the overhead.

Dr. Mekah Gordon, Ph.D.

Billy, must have been a victim of a blood clot to the brain, that went unchecked. He should have gone to the Emergency Room for a C.A.T. scan.
I flipped over while doing crunches on an exercise ball, with no apparent physical injury to the back of my head. However, I decided to go to the hospital and was glad I did! The C. A. T. Scan revealed that my brain had apparently moved backward with enough force to collide with my skull, resulting in a "Bleed to the Brain."
Deciding, not to go to the Hospital to seek treatment, could have resulted in the bleed getting worse, by increasing in size, and never waking up.
When anyone has had a head trauma, apparently like Billy's, even when there is no sign of injury, they should immediately go to the nearest hospital, to be scanned.
I had an overnight stay at the hospital, so the doctors could monitor the bleed. The next morning I was scanned again and it was found that the bleed had repaired itself.
Be, pro-active! Go to an Emergency Room the day of a head injury, regardless of visual tissue damage, or claiming to have a "Hard Head!"

With Sympathy & Sound Advice ~
Dr. Mekah Gordon, Ph.D.

INKLING

To those that hate...Billy Mays was a spokesperson for a corporation. Don't hate the messenger. He was doing a job. He was earning a living. Obviously he was very good at doing his job because he was the most sought after pitchman on TV, AND he definitely got your attention...good or bad. Hey, you knew who he was when he passed. It is doubtful that anyone will remember YOU for ANYTHING. My condolences go out to Mays wife and any other family he has.

Mark

Thank God! No more screaming at 3:00 AM!!!!!!! Condolences to his family though.

Lil Hookster TV

TMZ NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I was in contact with Billys company
to promote our designer purse hooks./telebrand/
WHO IS GOING TO PROMOTE our product now?
www.LILHOOKSTER.COM for online catalog.
HELLO WALGREENS
HELLO RITEAID
HELLO MACY"S Reply requested.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments