Michael Jackson's Estate in Court

6/29/2009 3:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonInitial papers have been filed with the court to probate Michael Jackson's estate. But it seems Jackson's mom and dad don't know Jackson had a will.

The petition was filed by Michael's parents, Joe and Katherine Jackson. But here's the thing. The papers say Jackson died "intestate" -- that means, without a will.

But we've learned Jackson's long-time lawyer, John Branca, who just came back on board 3 weeks ago, has a will Jackson signed that he intends to file within 30 days.

The petition asks that Katherine be named as administrator of the will ... meaning she wants to call the shots.

The papers say Debbie Rowe will be served with notice of a hearing.

hollywood

Still Funny
Oooh nice.. personal attack. That was uncalled for... but not unexpected.
And since I am a female in my 30s, I prefer 'men', but I have been known to have a young boy (in his 20s in my bed).. none of your business though, is it?
The man is dead, show some respect.. I mean he certainly didn't have it the last 15 years of his life.. show it to him now. Remember him for the music legend he is.
This article isn't about child molestation charges, its about how his family is trying to take control of his children/money... Thats what we should be talking about.
I'm sure your mother taught you "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

Helen

I would like to see Janet with control... shes the only one with a head on her shoulders.....The father well, he's another story and the mom well she allowed all the abuse and name calling. IF THE MOM GETS CONTROL THE DAD WILL JUST BE THE ONE IN CONTROL...I GUESS THEY HAVE TO PUT HER NAME ON IT- BECAUSE PEOPLE KNOWHOW GREEDY AND HOSTILE THE DAD IS....It's all about control over MJ estate and nothing else....look at the father last night on Bet Awards he talkede about his new record company --I guess he needs money for that now. I FEEL SORRY FOR MICHAEL, THAT HE WAS SURROUNDEDBY LEECHES--VERY SAD LIFE WHEN YOUR A KING OF POP. I WOULD NOT WANT THE TITLE

Kaybee

Well Hollywood. Why don'tyou read your personal attack to me, before you point out my personal attack to you. Such hypocrocy. Didn't your mother teach you any better?

ncgirl

Well TG someone is coming forward with a will and it happens to be a well respected lawyer that is considered in to be one of the "Best Lawyers in America." Hopefully Michael Jackson was smart enough and advised well to NOT award his mother & father & greedy family ANY of his Estate. Also, to make certain his children were and always would be in a loving environment!
NOT with his GREEDY FATHER!!

birdwoman

BRING ON THE WILL Atty Braca! And let the fights begin!! Hopefully, Michael NAMED an Administrator of his will/estate,
and it's NOT a family member.

TEMPORARY doesn't mean permanent, that's what hopefully a will establishes. This will be interesting to see how this all unfolds.

BRING ON THE WILL!!!

hollywood

Still Funny I was making a freakin' point on how one can make a judgment and misinterpret someones words.. change them to how they want them to be. Get my point now?

Disgusting

And now the scuzzy lawyers profit too. What an ugly world.

No sane competent judge would put those poor children with this family. Give them a shot at a healthy good life. Sounds as if they've already had it really rough.

Lola

Since Michael and Debbie were married at the time two of the kids were born, I don't think he had to adopt them.

Googie

DID YOU MEAN PETITION ASKS KATHERINE BE NAMED ADMINISTRATOR OF ESTATE - NOT OF WILL SINCE THERE IS NO WILL? IF THERE IS A WILL IT WOULD NAME AN EXECUTOR OF WILL & COULD NAME GUARDIAN OF MINOR CHILDREN.

Madeleine

Vultures? Roaches? I think a lot of readers are being particuularly hard on the Jackson family.
There is nothing unusual about a family wanting to do their own autopsy. David Carradine's family did a second autopsy. I haven't heard anyone calling his family vultures. I don't blame the family for filing to be the administrator of his estate. It's already been reported that the family doesn't know who MJ's business manager is. MJ had so many leeches in his employ , no one knows if someone else -- who might not have MJ's or his kids' best interests at heard -- will come forward and try to become the administrator -- a lawyer or a business manager or that shady Dr. Tohme (who really isn't a doctor.)

Look at the attorney who is filing the will with the court. If he had a will, the proper protocol would have been to inform the family that he had the will, then, file it. The fact that he didn't inform the family is very suspect.

I do, however,wish that the court would make Janet the adminstrator of the estate, because she doesn't need any of Michael's money and she is used to dealingw with record companies and contracts. Settling the estate will be a logistical nightmare. It will be a full-time job for about at least a year. How will Katherine have time to do this and raise three kids??!!

AZfire

I hate to say this (because I hate this lawyer) but Debbie Rowe needs a high caliber attorney like Gloria Allred to combat against the Jackson Family

Anita

LOL the Jacksons were down at the courthouse frst thing Monday morning, thinking they could call the shots.

Now it turs out there is a will LOL. The lawyer has 30 days to file the will with the court. This will proceed in an orderly fashion,

The kids should get everything for their suffering in this crazy family they're not even related to.

Anita

Debbie just needs a competent lawyer, that's all.

This is not a jury trial and the court will proceed, no matter how much the Jacksons bitch ad moan.

TessaKittysMom

Well, I see it didn't take too long for all the bloodsuckers to jump on the "gimme gimme gimme" train. I see this dragging on for years, and in the end, the only people who will get any money at all will be the gazillion attorneys on all sides of the coin.

Kaybee

AWWWWWW Poor hollywood. Can dish it out, but can't take it. tsk tsk tsk