Michael Jackson's Estate in Court

6/29/2009 3:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonInitial papers have been filed with the court to probate Michael Jackson's estate. But it seems Jackson's mom and dad don't know Jackson had a will.

The petition was filed by Michael's parents, Joe and Katherine Jackson. But here's the thing. The papers say Jackson died "intestate" -- that means, without a will.

But we've learned Jackson's long-time lawyer, John Branca, who just came back on board 3 weeks ago, has a will Jackson signed that he intends to file within 30 days.

The petition asks that Katherine be named as administrator of the will ... meaning she wants to call the shots.

The papers say Debbie Rowe will be served with notice of a hearing.

richieriche7

SADLY TO SAD AND I HOPE IT DOSNT COME TRUE BUT ALL HELL GOING TO BREAK OUT AFTER THE FUNERAL,I SAY THIS CAUSE GREED, UNCONCERN FOR HIS MEMORY OR THE KIDS AND ALOT AND I MEAN ALOT OF GOING TO COURT,TO MANY UNANSWER QUESTION THE ONE I WOULD LIKE TO BE ANSWER IS ARE THOSE HIS BIOLOGICAL KIDS WILL A DNA BE DONE,MRS. D. ROWE IS JUST SITTING BACK TO DROP THE BOMB AT THE RIGHT MOMENT

Butterfly

I MUST BE WAY BEHIND THE TIMES. I had no idea there was so much venom among the Jackson family. Hopefully, some of it is exaggerated. Michael was an adorable and precious human being with talent like no other, except perhaps, Elvis. I would think his family would pull together and preserve his beautiful memory by keeping the family laundry behind closed doors.. For someone who brought such joy to millions and millions, through his music and dance, I would never have guessed his private life was so unbelievably tragic. There is a very special place in Heaven for someone like Michael. I believe he has finally found much needed peace in the loving arms of Our Lord. A SPECIAL NOTE TO THOSE WHO HAVE SO VICIOUSLY ATTACKED MICHAEL : Would you pass the test if we came to your homes and took a good look at what you are all about? We strongly suggest you clean up your own backyards before viciously attacking someone whom you probably have never met. Judging from your language, you have a long way to go before you "clean up your act!"

Golfer-1

I agree with 28, MJ is not the only star to pass away, Get a life and move on, Just in case no one watch's the news Farrah Faucett, Ed McMahan, passed away
Remember the real King Mr Elvis Presley

just me

WOW! THIS MAN ACTS LIKE HE HIT THE LOTTERY! HIM AND HIS OLD CRONIE
ARE DESPICABLE! WATCH FULL CLIP!

JOE JACKSON IS A SELF ABSORBED EGOTISTICAL POS!!! BURN IN HELL!

WHAT PARENT ACTS LIKE THIS WHEN THEIR CHILD HAS DIED!

NO TEARS...NO EMOTION....HE ACTS LIKE HE HIT THE LOTTERY!

wow0709

pls check out this link so you can see how much Michael loved his kids and they him. He was so misunderstood...his poor kids..so sad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJinNGkO-a4

Faisal

Joe Jackson is evil and greedy, he only cares about getting Michaels estate and his kids are now the keys to his vast fortune.
Check out this interview he gave about Michael Jackson in 2003 via the BBC. It disgusted me to be honest.

This link is proof that Joe Jackson has only ever cared about Joe Jackson, Michael was like a winning lottery ticket to him
and he bleed that ticket for as long as he could/

Michael Madsen

BREAKING NEWS---------

Bubbles has just filed a lawsuit claiming he is the Power of attorney and quarter owner of the Beatles catalogue.
When reached for comment Bubbles screeched "EEeEeeeEEeeeeeeEeoooooooooooo eeeIiiiiEEeEeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!" He then bit and severed an artery in Jackson's attorney's left calf.
A spokesperson for Bubbles added: " Bubbles isn't going anywhere... he's in this for all the Bananas."

amazed

foxnews just told MJ will left out Joe, everything was left to the kids, Katherine and charities. Ouch! bet that hurts Joe! Jamie Fox shame on you for bringing up the race card on BET awards...since you brought it up Jamie looks to me like MJ liked white women, white kids, changed his hair like white people....If it looks like a duck quacks like a duck WOW must be.
apperances dont lie. So many *stars* are showing thier true self! "some" not all, "some" black folks are more prejudice than the white folks in the deep south...It`s time to stop playing the race card!!! People alive now were never slaves and dont own slaves anymore that was in the past, let it go!! "everybody has the same opportunity nowadays" There are successful whites/blacks/hispanics I could go on and on....People choose thier path in life although I do agree there are some who have a hard road to hoe. ie counseling should be considered. I`m sure glad the God of Abraham Issac and Jacob doesn`t see color he only sees his children that he loves so much he died for us!

Ash

Michaels childrens present and FUTURE holdings should be protected from these VAMPIRES..We all saw greedy JOE on the red carpet. The court should appoint responsible attorneys and 'estate protection guardians' for these children. It's done all the time. Michaels estate may be in the red now but shortly it will skyrocket as did with Elvis... and this is why the children need protection from ANYONE looking to 'cash in' on Michaels passing.... Yes, I agree...Janet & Germain seem responsible but the children need court protection until his written will is enforced.
Now they are going to run Michael around in that white carriage..... believe he would have preferred private and a memorial for the public as planned in Sept ....but that is my personal opinion

Ash

Thank goodness!!!! It appears Fox News has reported Michael left his estate to his children, something to his Mother and various charities..... JOE was left NOTHING hey JOE,,maybe time to get a real job & stop mooching from the children you abused. I just pray those children are kept FAR FAR away from you

che

I truly admire his contributions coming up with the "we are the world" gesture.

If only all those singers could come forward once again and do the same, however this time, all collections go towards helping clear off his debts.. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

RIP MJ..

Paul

I hope someone in the family chooses to turn Michael into a LifeGem Diamond.

Ngoz Nwankwo

Its unfortunate

Butterfly

I AGREE WITH SOME OF THE COMMENTS ABOUT WHERE WAS GRANDMA WHEN GRANDPA WAS BEATING MICHAEL??? WAS JOE BEATING HER ,TOO??? I have not read anything about this family that can be described as "loving," I do not know. I was not there. Reports are that Michael separated himself from the family and hardly anyone spoke to each other. Look how quickly they BOLTED to the hospital when they heard Michael had died. DOLLAR signs or, LOVE??? I pray to God the courts will appoint a Guardian ad Litem for the mental and physical health of the children. Michael loved them dearly and his love needs to be protected at all costs, regardless of whom it hurts. NO ONE PROTECTED MICHAEL WHEN HE WAS BEING BEATEN SO, WHY SHOULD THE COURTS PROTECT THOSE WHO STOOD BY, LIKE DUMMIES, AND WATCHED . IN SPITE OF IT ALL, MICHAEL ROSE TO THE TOP, ON HIS OWN AND THE WORLD IS BETTER TO HAVE KNOWN HIM, EVEN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. REST IN PEACE, SWEET PRINCE, REST IN PEACE.

lakers24

WOW MOST NORMAL PEOPLE WAIT TILL THE BURIAL IS OVER BEFORE ALL THIS BS TAKES PLACE...THANL GOD MJ DOES'NT HAVE TO BE AROUND TO SEE THIS BS...POOR HIS KIDS DCFS SHOULD GET INVOLVED AND GET THEM OUT OF THE JACKSONS FAMILY LIFE ASAP I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR CATHERINE SHE IS JUST AS MUCH TO BLAME AS MR..CHILD ABUSER...LINDA