Random Drawing for MJ Memorial Tickets

7/3/2009 1:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson Memorial Tickets Michael Jackson's memorial service will be held at two separate venues on Tuesday morning -- the main event will be at the Staples Center and a simulcast will play at the Nokia Theatre.

A lottery has been set up for fans to obtain the free tickets -- and they can sign up for the random drawing on the Staples Center website ... good luck logging on.

17,500 tickets are available for the event -- 11,000 for Staples and 6,500 for Nokia -- which will be divvied out 2 per person. If you are one of the 8,750 people selected, you will then be alerted on Sunday with further instructions.

Oh yeah ... only U.S. residents can apply.

Also, the family wouldn't say if Michael's body would be at the memorial.

Catholic Girl

Wow, got registered, never loved my Mac and hi-speed internet more than today. I also live very close to Forest Lawn Cemetery, where MJ's body is being held. I will be taking a stroll by there this evening, just to be closer to this amazing man's aura...I will keep all the other fans in my thoughts as I walk by....Peace, Love and Amazing Artistry is all Michael was ever about, and you who hate are doomed to a life I'm glad I will never have the horror of living. You are why we have wars in this world. Peace & Love to All My Brothers & Sisters Who Will Never Forget, in God's Name, Amen.

Dutchie

Last night, Paradiso (dutch pop temple), Amsterdam held a memorial night for MJ. Dutch artists took the stage to perform lots of MJ's songs. It was great to be there!!

Julian

ive registered for tickets. i got a confirmation screen saying it worked twice. so if i get them i will give the confirmation code away for free to let 2 of you go see it :-)

it said
Your registration for your chance to attend the Michael Jackson Public Memorial Service has been received.

if you send me a msg via youtube on sunday i will let you no if i got tickets to give away

my youtube name is DBXdarkangel

MJ you are a legend!

jguidry74

I wonder how many people are going to Scalp these tickets.

hollywood

Peace Is Where It's At,
Good idea.. I live on the other side of the hill that the cemetery is on... think I'll go for a hike to the top of the hill (around the Hollywood sign) so I can get a look over all of the cemetery...
I've never been to that cemetery, but I just recently went to the Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park. And if the Burbank/Hollywood Hills location is 1/2 as beautiful as Glendale's, than it is a very beautiful, scenic, and peaceful place to be laid to rest.

Split This

I'm not TMZ but my source says he is being buried at Neverland. All this hype is making it easy to keep most away so they can do this in private. Sort of like Magic, They get you to look one way while they do something the other way.. Nice.

ReadTheOfficialRules

Only 5,500 will be given out, and you will have to sign an affidavit releasing your info when you get there, and no resale or transfer is permitted.

Ks

I am in OPPS ...thats Mickeys words.

Miia

I have been trying to log on since they announced where it was going to be. Its almost been 2 hours, since cant log in...

MJFan

Neverland will be open to the public for at least the next week. The public were allowed in starting this morning.

wendy

If Michael Jackson's body is not going to b at Staples why should mine? This should be among the first details clarified.

Ashleeee

#24 I DO have a life......You need to get one and MOVE ON from all this bull! You sound SO stupid telling ME to get a life dummy. I have one....IM NOT STUCK ON STUPID.. .... TIME TO MOVE ON. Its NOT the end of the world.

jguidry74

Everyone who registered should start getting updates about Joe Jacksons record company shortly now that he has our email address

Eric

How is it that this memorial is considered to be for the fans when they have excluded any non-Americans from attending? This is the biggest slap in the face for the legions from the UK, Germany, Japan, India, Canada - indeed around the world, who supported the man during his trials, when his own fellow citizens turned their backs on him.

What will they tell those who have already flown to Los Angeles, have been holding vigils for him, and who may have been selected to have one of the 11 thousand tickets, that they cannot pay tribute to their hero, while a lucky non-fan who lives next door can walk right in?

jojo

Took less than a minute to register. If you get a service unavailable message, just press your back button and try again. The third time is the charm!