Random Drawing for MJ Memorial Tickets

7/3/2009 1:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson Memorial Tickets Michael Jackson's memorial service will be held at two separate venues on Tuesday morning -- the main event will be at the Staples Center and a simulcast will play at the Nokia Theatre.

A lottery has been set up for fans to obtain the free tickets -- and they can sign up for the random drawing on the Staples Center website ... good luck logging on.

17,500 tickets are available for the event -- 11,000 for Staples and 6,500 for Nokia -- which will be divvied out 2 per person. If you are one of the 8,750 people selected, you will then be alerted on Sunday with further instructions.

Oh yeah ... only U.S. residents can apply.

Also, the family wouldn't say if Michael's body would be at the memorial.

who's on first

I applied... the hard part was finding the site. Once I found that it was no hardship!!

Monique

I completely agree with Eric. I am from Canada and I'm pretty upset that I can't attend. Watching it on television will not be the same.

MJFan

Here is the link to the Staples Website to order the tickets for those who have trouble finding it.

gt

i m living in Canada...and i was able to register for it...
i was just curious, and i just can t believe this funeral will look more than a show than a funeral...
it is insane....i feel like i register to win a cruise....!!!

Catholic Girl

Yes Joanna, it does feel like the Princess Diana sorrow, he was an American version of royalty. I hope there will more organized memorials for those of you in the UK & Europe, but there is no possible way this event at Staples could have accommodated everyone in the world somehow, except being televised, it's just unrealistic. When Diana died I was glued to the TV, but I would never have attempted to fly to England. If people are willing to fly here for Michael's memorial thats wonderful, but there is a lot of chaos involved in these situations and no guarantee you will be able to attend anything of significance, save your money and come to his burial site someday, that will be emotional whether it is this week or a year from now, true fans will always be shocked and saddened about this loss no matter how many years go by.

singermagic1

just a question, if one were to win a pair of tickets and the wristbands and could not attend wht do you think they would fetch

just me

I hope the LAPD and LAFD are ready for this.

I doubt people will heed the advice to stay home.

lara

US citizens only! Not fair.

Justice

For those complaining that this is open to US residents only, stop whining and start listening. They are talking of doing memorials all over the world as time and finances permit. Secondly, MJ was a California resident for many many years, his ranch was in CALIFORNIA, and his family lives in CALIFORNIA! They do not live in Canada or Europe or anywhere else. Of course they are going to book the first service in California. There own private memorial is there too. He's one person how the hell could they accommodate the entire world at one time? Only by having it in one place and televising it internationally, then offer to do other kinds of memorials all over the world in the future. Its not like there's a billions of MJ's running around. We live in a mighty big world folks. Stop criticizing the family for the restrictions imposed on this. They are doing the best they can with what there is. TV and internet streams are going to be free. If your out of the country watch it at home or on the net and celebrate in unison with others all over the world. I got news for you folks, Michael isn't in that dead body we are gonna honor. So it don't matter where you are when you celebrate who he WAS.

Me

I would ask all the fans to sing for him on tuesday as one man 'He's
out of our lives' (the adapted version of 'She's out of my life'):
He's out of our lives...and we don't know whether live or die....and
it cuts like a knife....he's out of our lives...
PLEASE MAKE IT A BIG THING. SPREAD THIS MESSAGE WHEREVER YOU CAN.
MAKE IT A WORSHIP. THX

jaye

LET THE CIRCUS BEGIN!

Edie Oho...

Glad the service was limited to American residents (do they have to be legal??? :-)...wish it had been limited to So. Cal residents...my chances would be better! All kidding aside, I NEVER thought I would register for this, but I did. Michael Jackson was a great talent and my prayers go with him and his children...He is sorely missed and will be for a long time to come.

Tom

I really think they should of had some sort of rotation to accomodate everyone that wants to pay tribute that would be a fair suggestion well its just my opinion

Rose

I have registered. And if I do get the tix, I will be selling them with half of the proceeds going to the cancer society. If you are interested, please send me a e-mail at: pappix77@yahoo.com

I will post here again when the drawing is finished.

Rose

Catholic Girl

For those of you commenting on this thread and all the others here on TMZ, if you want to comment on each other's notes, identify the person by their blogger NAME, NOT the number they are, as that number is constantly changing, for whatever reason, (I think TMZ reviews and filters out comments, I'm not sure)....you're kinda giving me a headache!!