Jackson Docs Can Run But Can't Hide

7/5/2009 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonAs law enforcement officials comb through medical records to determine who supplied and administered the anesthesia Propofol and other drugs to Michael Jackson, we've learned there may be a fail-safe way of getting at the truth.

It's no secret -- especially in a celebrity town like L.A. -- some doctors use pseudonyms for celebrity patients and sometimes their medical charts somehow get "lost." But we've learned most doctors leave an indelible footprint when it comes to treating patients.

Many doctors -- especially ones with big practices -- use medical software systems from MD Systems, NexTech and other companies. These companies provide the software that makes it easy to input billing data.

Doctors typically input the patient's name, billing amount, type of treatment, type of drugs prescribed and administered, and date of service. Here's the thing -- that data cannot be deleted from the server.

The system allows doctors to add other data like medical charts, and those things can be deleted. But if someone deletes that info, the software shows the name of the user who did it and the date it was done.

Bottom line -- the basic billing information will not go away.

As we reported days ago, law enforcement found Propofol inside Jackson's house. Propofol is an anesthesia, which should never be administered outside a hospital, and it's looking like that drug killed Jackson. If cops find who supplied it and who administered it, the docs could well be prosecuted for manslaughter.

Michelle

THEY WERE REPORTING ON CNN LAST NIGHT THAT SOME OF THE DRUGS WERE PURCHASED OVERSEAS....CAN THEY TRACE THIS?

DRUG ADDICTION IS A VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED. LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE IN MEXICO BEING MURDERED OVER DRUGS.........ANYONE WHO PURCHASES RECREATIONAL OR IMPROPER AND ILLEGAL PRESCRIPTION DRUGS HOLD THEIR PLACE OF RESPONSIBILITY IN THE DRUG PROBLEM IN AMERICA......NEXT TIME YOU BUY SOMETHING ILLICT, THINK ABOUT THAT..........WE NEED A DRUG FREE AMERICA! FOR OUR CHILDREN

Crystal

#12... I agree with you. Some people are pathetic... does it really matter who made the FIRST comment. The embarrassing thing is, you type 'first' yet you weren't even first anyway LOL!

Gotcha

If the police want to arrest the person REALLY responsible for MJ's death then they need to go to the mortuary and slap the cuffs on MJ himself.

Posted at 12:31PM on Jul 4th 2009 by David L.

While he is respnsible for his actions, aren't doctors held to a "higher standard"? (I will neither prescribe nor administer a lethal dose of medicine to any patient even if asked nor counsel any such thing nor perform the utmost respect for every human life from fertilization to natural death and reject abortion that deliberately takes a unique human life.) (
The Hippocratic Oath).

Truthteller

Wow, incredible developments.... I don't follow celeb new at all typically. But like millions of others, I came to hear about TMZ because it broke the story of MJ's death. I congratulate your editors and staff on staying on top of this story. I understand your methods may be questionable sometimes - I don't know. But I'm very glad that TMZ is staying on it. So many journalists seem to be willing to ignore the role(s) played by the "enablers". In this case, that group includes not only doctors, but yes, as others have said, friends, possibly AEG and other corporations, and YES, MJ's family. Are we supposed to believe his family knew NOTHING about all this? Please..... His Mum was that close to MJ, and she didn't KNOW, she didn't SEE, Jermaine didn't KNOW, didn't SEE evidence of some kind in the house or on his body/appearance of addiction prescription drugs/IV drugs? Very very difficult to believe this.

This latest news is another dark twist in this horrifying story of a man caught up in his own fame and tragic childhood. It seems MJ took desperate measures at times to grapple with his insomnia and symptoms of who knows what - that childhood? Fame itself? His family? It certainly looks like he was trying to check out temporarily every so often, for want of a better way of putting it.

Again, I congratulate TMZ for staying on top of this story's important developments. Finding out who continued to break the law and say YES to MJ in ways that apparently led to his death, yes THIS IS IMPORTANT. Sure, those people were "just" saying "yes" to MJ - but THEY BROKE THE LAW. Their actions enabled his addiction(s) and possibly led to his death.

I'm not even an MJ fan - and I want to know because the whole thing is just making me sick. The more I read about this man's childhood and how he was affected by super stardom at such an early age, the easier it is to understand some of the seemingly odd things he did. BTW though accused of child molestation, he was found not guilty. Also, in the first case, where the accuser accepted a multi-million $ pay off, I ask myself what kind of parent would accept MONEY over a criminal prosecution. If I was Chandler's parent, I'd want to see MJ go to PRISON for a long time. I would not accept $20 plus million instead. That action alone tells me all those accusations were lies.

Mr. Michael Jackson, I hope someday we know the truth about your tragic end. Till then and beyond, I continue to listen to your music. RIP and God Bless and keep safe from harm all your children.

Saddenend

DR. MURRAY MURDERED MICHAEL JACKSON.

Prosecute him to the fullest extent of the LAW.

Notbuyinit

Why is it such a shock that MJ (or any other celebrity for that matter) got whatever he wanted? We create these monsters and then try to prosecute everyone within a million mile radius when something goes wrong. He's dead. The end. Is this going to stop anyone else from getting unnecessary drugs? No.

lisy

Jam is i am so sorry for crazy coms. yes i understand everybody make decisions in life and what the facts are, too. don't look at coms they're sick people. and... my love for mike is so deep i can hardly wait to feel his hand in mine in a better world. yes, jamy it was, i did not know to make an appropriate translation to name so you could understand me. love so much so deep, i didn't know you remember the name too i love you, you are everything in the world to me. the books... everything

Lisa

I can't believe that his "friends" didn't know either!!! Give me a break...I deal with migraines [and heart disease...called 911 for myself @ 44 yrs. for full blown heart attack] and have to take pain meds for those. Thank goodness not as often as I use to, but I do still have to deal with them [migraines]. My close friends know that I have to take a pain pill when I get a migraine. I know we're not talking one pain pill here, but I'm talking "close friends" and "enablers" or at least my doctor and pharmacist know when and how many pills I consume in a set time frame. When I go to the regular doctor...and cardiologist...I go in with my list of meds in hand so they can both see what each has prescribed. Also the pharmacy keeps track and there's NO WAY I can EXTRA pain meds!!! THIS is ridicules. I must have the best docs!!! Hope I don't die today......lol Point I guess I'm really trying to make here is that the CLOSE FRIENDS should have known something. I've watched one talk on TV and say that EVERYTHING was GREAT...well....don't look that way now. Guess he's telling a little story, huh??? Did ya get a good check this week Miko?

Akbar

Just a little HISTORY for you folks....On JULY 4th 1826 we lost TWO (2) great guys..that morning we lost Thomas Jefferson....That same evening we lost John Adams.....So I have One(1) Question......Who the Hell is Micheal Jackson ????????

Gotcha

22. Some former Neverland employees are now saying that many of the children Michael molested were terminally ill. This simultaneously depresses and sickens me. I can almost excuse his being attracted to children on the ground that we are not responsible for our sexual orientation. I can't imagine being sexually attracted to a child, but I am not Michael Jackson. However, the idea of someone wanting to have sex with a terminally ill child is just so upsetting. When I heard it I literally felt dizzy. Now I'm finding it very hard to honor Michael's memory, despite the many hours of joy I have had watching him and listening to his music.

Posted at 12:53PM on Jul 4th 2009 by Gina

Are you serious? It sounds as if you're saying it's ok to molest kids as long as they are healthy? I am getting sick reading your statement, it sounds as if you have some molestation issues as well.

jakeman

Diprivan is widely used in Veterinary hospitals as an anaesthesia.Maybe Michael got it from there. He had a lot of animals.

Allan

They need to go after the 2 kids who extorted Michael Jackson and charge them with manslaughter!

Saddenend

REGARDLESS of Michael's drug problems, the fact remains that he died due to medical negligence.

Remember, Michael had a faint pulse when Dr. Murray found him. Michael was still alive.

Dr. Murray effectively murdered Michael due to the botched IV , Diprivan and lack of timely emergency response treatment (Narcan, CPR).

And that is MANSLAUGHTER.

nad

32. ROFL! I'm sure that's how they 've been fooled by their wives.

Gotcha

If doctors killed him, then I say give them a medal. There is now one less pedophile in the world.

Posted at 1:15PM on Jul 4th 2009 by David
You posted on another board that you belived in God, yet you post this? You sound like a hypocrite. Thou shalt not kill, ring any bells?