L.A. Mayor Asks Jackson Fans for Money

7/7/2009 8:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonL.A. Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa is asking fans of Michael Jackson to kick in and offset the $4 million it will cost the city to cover the city's costs associated with the funeral and memorial.

UPDATE -- All major credit cards accepted. Checks too.

VB

For the love of Pete!!!!! This has gotten way out of control. Who has heard of the city paying for a memorial service, give me break. The FAMILY always pays for the memorial, I don't care who you are. I am a fan but this is way to much coverage.

hahahahahha!!!!!

Gee wiz, a liberal mayor that didn't think anything through beforehand. Who da thunk, a liberal making a retarded decision about something.

imjustnoisy

they should require the people who are handling his estate pay for the memorial services because m.j. would not want his services to be a problem for anyone.For everyone who talks negative about his dealing with children should think about the parents who allowed their children to continue to go there.They are the ones with issues as anyone who even thought something strange was going on would not have allowed their kids to go unless they were looking for a payoff (pimping their own kids)As far as Debbie Rowe,she should go back to the horse farm and hide.What mother would not have come to her kids the minute she heard about his death and turning down VIP tickets to the services (what was she thinking)AS far as Joe (daddy dearest) he needs to go in hiding for life.Mrs.Jackson needs to get a restraining order against him for life and keep the nanny with her and the kids.The reason she didn't leave,she was the mother of nine kids and a lady with a disability.Joe Jackson has been out of her life for over ten years and living in Las Vegas,which brings me to this....The doctor practiced in Las Vegas.(Think they may have been partners in crime) I pray for Mrs.Jackson as I lost an adult child and that is something you wouldn't understand unless you've been there.You think Michael wanted to die,no I don't think so.He loved his kids and he wanted to raise them.

hurt me again

If everyone in America will send in just 1 penny we can raise over 3 million to help say goodbye to this whole freaking mess

oh my

The audacity...

sarah palin

TO EVERYONE THAT DIDN'T ALREADY KNOW: THE MAYOR OF LOS ANGELES CHEATED ON HIS WIFE WITH A REPORTER FROM TELEMUNDO 52. NOW, HE'S SCREWING YET ANOTHER REPORTER.

IF YOU CANNOT BE TRUTHFUL TO YOUR WIFE, YOU CANNOT BE TRUTHFUL TO A CITY.

Julie

Shoot I can't believe they are spending that much money on a child molster. Make them pay up - I am so sick of hearing all this crap about him. BURN IN HELL

Jstbtrflyz

The only really wealthy people in the Jackson family are Michael and Janet (I would venture to guess anyways). The rest of the family lived off Michael's money. Even Hayvenhurst was paid for by Michael. Katharine and The Abuser filed for bankruptcy in 1999. I personally don't understand why they (the family) thought the state of CA should foot the bill for this display, nor can I believe the a*hole of a Mayor would ask the fans to pay for this. The revenue alone that is being generated is unbelievable in terms of money coming into that state in the last few days, especially today.

I've been a fan for years and years and remember sitting in front of the TV when I was little watching the J5 cartoon on Saturday mornings....such a tragic life he led and what a circus his family are making it....It's almost over Mike...it's almost over.....

Oh, and for my donation, I just went online to Mike's Heal the World Foundation and donated $50 in his memory, that, Mr. Mayor, is where this fan's money went :)

Kaybee

The family needs to pay for it. If they don't, it will come out of taxpayers money. What a crock!!! If I were the mayor, I would send all the police, swat and any other tax paid official home and let the mob have that freak! I wouldn't protect any of them

Kaybee

YOU IDIOT! His lawyers didn't take advantage of him!! He was a grown man for heaven's sake!

Mandy

Sorry my taxes already paid for this. Sony, AEG and the Jackson clan should cover the cost. The Major should be ashamed of himself for suggesting that...I have an idea..why don't you pay for it Mr Mayor.

wren

You have got to be F*&%ing kidding me. The fans should pay? If I was an MJ fan, I'd be pissed.

I am just pissed its going to cost $4 million for a funeral and the city is paying it. And no, the amount of money fans spend here won't make up for it.

I can just see a lawsuit waiting to happen here when unions get in on this. .City employees get laid off and th city is spending $$$ on this???????

Mom

So what California is saying to these stars. Is live here, spend your money here, attract tourist, work in our industries.....but dont even think of dying here! It will be an inconvenience you know. Just line up the jets at the air port, Final Destination Airways and ship these dead stars to North Dakota or Kansas so they wont inconvenience anyone.

singermagic1

AEG needs to be billed, they are selling the broadcasting rights and each news station pays for the space to be able to do a live feed from Staples. AEG could not be doing this without the ciites, LAPD's help and they need to pay up. Teachers are being pinksliped and the city is cutting services. Lakers fans stepped up and covered the 2 million needed for the parade and the event at the Collisum why should the ciity have to foot the bill fro what is now turning into a broadcast event

hahahahahha!!!!!

Imagine that, a liberal wanting the American people to pay for their mistakes. Unreal.....