Nas -- I Don't Make What Kelis Thinks

7/13/2009 2:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nas -- I Don't Make What Kelis ThinksNas has fired back in his bitter divorce case with Kelis claiming he's paid her more than she says and he makes less than she thinks.

For starters, Kelis claims Nas raked in $11 million for his album deal. Nas fired back in legal papers, "I did not receive even half that amount"... claiming it's more like $4 mil. Nas claims his income is declining, and he's only pulling in $147,165 a month.

As for what he spends ... $71,371.96 a month, which includes $10,000 a month in clothing/hair/toiletries/personal effects.

Kelis, who is about to give birth to their child, claims Nas hasn't paid a penny for child or spousal support since he left her. Nas, who says he wants to be "fully involved" in the parenting of their child, claims he's agreed to pay $350 for a stroller, $450 for a baby sling and $1,598 for two cribs.

Nas thinks $5,000 a month is reasonable for child support since the kid will just be a newborn.

Nas And Kelis

brenda

How much he makes has nothing to do with how much a newborn needs. Tell me how 5000 a month is not way that enough for a NEWBORN. Give me a freaking break. I know that prices has gone up these days but come up a Newborn can't survive on 5000 a month. She only wants more so she can spend on herself. She

1906 days ago

stretch

Claps to post #137

Bravo, well said.

1906 days ago

Jess

Yes, shame on him! Let's not forget that she says she makes $20,000 monthly but spends $80,000. Oh, and she NEEDS $20,000 for the cribs and baby expenses too. If you think she wants to spend all that child support money "on the child" you're crazy. At least he's reasonably making effort to take care of his child and be in his/her life. Maybe she should knock down her $15,000 on monthly vacations and stuff and step up herself.

1906 days ago

duh people

I would be happy to take the $5K a month for her!!! I don't get ANYTHING for child support and that is court ordered!!! So, quit whining about a "measley" $5K a month, It could be ALOT worse!!!! My daughter and I survive on less than $2K a month, I just keep working and paying the bills. I would gladly trade places with this money grubbing, whiney ass witch!!!!

1905 days ago

KD

are some of you crazy or just plain stupid........NAS spendes "$71,371.96 a month, which includes $10,000 a month in clothing/hair/toiletries/personal effects." Do you know that $5,000 a month for 12 months is only $60,000. So he is willing to spend more in one month on himself then his own son. THAT IS CRAZY!!!!!!

For the single moms out there only getting 300 a month, im sure its because your baby daddy lol doesnt make 4 million dollars a year......so yea I bet 5 grand does sound good. But unfortunatley for you all, all men dont make 4 million a year.

1905 days ago

KD

NAS IS NOT A REGULAR GUY HE IS A FAMOUS PERSON, HE MAKES 4 MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR, STOP COMPARING HIM TO THE GUY NEXT DOOR. HE IS NOT YOUR NEIGHBOR........HE DID COME FROM NOTHING AND I RESPECT THAT, BUT NOW HE IS SOMETHING. CHILD SUPPORT IS LIKE TAXES, THE MORE YOU MAKE THE MORE YOU TAKE!!!!!! SO HE NEEDS TO GET OVER IT AND FAST. I DONT KNOW THEIR STATES LAW, BUT IN MOST CASES THE CHILD IS ENTITLED TO A CERTAIN PERCENT OF THE FATHER/MOTHER INCOME. GIVE IT WHAT IT DESERVES, JUST BECAUSE KELIS WOULD BE GETTING MORE THAN WHAT THE AVERAGE AMERICAN, DONT HATE CUZ IF YOU COULD GET IT TO YOU WOULD SO STOP LYING TO YOURSELVES

1905 days ago

KD

#145 your right it doesnt matter what he spends on himself, it matters how much he makes just like #146 said.....so who is the fool here.....you are. Who cares what other people make. This about NAS /Kelis/ and there son. Just because you may not make 60 grand a year, dont be mad at kelis for having a baby by a man that makes 4 million a year. 5,000 a month may be good for you for a baby....but lets face it....they are very well off, and the more you make the more you spend. You need to seperate yourself from this equation that you are not in....dummy!!!!!! YOU SOUND LIKE A HATER TO ME!!! MAD BECAUSE YOU CANT GET WHAT HE IS TRYING TO GIVE HER, WHEN HE MAKES 4 MIL A YEAR, IF THEY TAKE 10% OF THAT ITS OVER A MILLION DOLLARS. THEY TAKE A PERCENTAGE FROM YOUR EVERYDAY WORKING MAN FOR CHILD SUPPORT SO WHY SHOULD NAS BE ANY DIFFERENT? BECAUSE 5,000 GRAND IS ENOUGH....HAHAHA....SO WHAT YOUR SAYING IS SINCE HE IS A CELEBRITY AND SINCE HE IS WILLING TO PAY IN A YEAR MORE THEN YOU MAKE, WE SHOULD TREAT HIM SPECIAL AND LET HIM DICTATE HOW MUCH HE WANTS TO PAY A MONTH???? GET REAL.

1905 days ago

KEEYSHAJ50

LOVE NAS I WISH HIM THE BEST AND THE SAME TO KELIS THE BABY DUE NEXT WEEK CANT WAIT TO SEE HIM AND 2-5K IS ENOUGH FOR THE MOM AND BABY IF U ASK ME BUT THATS THE JUDGE DECISION.

1905 days ago

KEEYSHAJ50

ALSO NAS IS NOT CHEAP KELIS NEEDS TO DROP THAT ALBUM AFTER THE BABY BORN CAUSE SHE GONNA NEED THE MONEY LOL.

1905 days ago

tw

What a f'ing fool!!! he has no problems spending 10k a month on hair/clothes..etc but has a real issuse with supplying his child with 5k a month. By the way NAS I have seen you and your attire--baby boy you need a refund every month!!

1905 days ago

Munir

Just cant stop my self to comment on your blog. Good post.

1901 days ago

Minnie

For that amount of money he could have brought himself a pretty baby mama. It would have been cheaper. All those beauty products and hair extensions are too costly and not working for her anyway.

Friend of Nas

Nas - I love you and everything even attended a b-day for your daughter. You are a beautiful spiritually brother and I do think to make things easier on yourself and Kelis the best possible thing is sit down and work this thing out. I don't agree with Kelis putting both of your personal info out there. There is another African-American male coming into the world, please worry about him and show him the correct path to take so he be a positive brother for the next generation. Hey I truly believe you loved Kelis and I admired the relationship the two of you once had especially you calling her your Queen. Kelis my beautiful sister get over the anger towards this man and you two sit down and disgust your issues outside of the public eyes. This nonsense is going to made both of you look bad in the future in the eyes of your son.

Nas continued to be the wonderful person you are and Kelis be the strong black woman we know you are raise your child and if you are stop dogging a brother out.

God Bless and Good Luck to both of you with your son.

smellthetruth

Jay Z is hella flabby and old, he will lose Beyonce maybe, maybe not, thats how life goes you stupid ignorant bastards....Nas is always the greatest fool!

shanta588

#9 wat the hell r u talking bout. she don't need all dat money for no baby i just had a baby and trust me it dont cost no damn 5000. she can make money to but she only want his money and i dont think he should have to pay all dat money because that means that she's not spending any of her money.