Anesthesia in Jackson Case Tracked

7/14/2009 7:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've learned several pharmaceutical companies have been contacted by the DEA in the Michael Jackson case and we're told authorities are getting closer to identifying which person may have supplied the powerful anesthetic Propofol that appears to have killed the singer.

Sources tell us law enforcement found vials of Propofol in Michael Jackson's house after he died. The vials all have lot numbers. We're told several days ago the DEA contacted Teva Pharmaceuticals -- which manufactured one of the vials found at the house -- to determine who purchased it.

Teva sells Propofol to medical distributors, who then turn around and sell the vials to hospitals and doctors.

And, law enforcement sources say, the DEA also contacted other manufacturers of Propofol from the other vials found in Jackson's home.

Here's the problem. Although every vial has a lot number, the vials are not marked individually. There are thousands of vials in a lot. So the DEA and LAPD are trying to hone in on the culprit but, we're told, it's no easy task.

maira

74. 47. What upsets me the most is all that blablabla saying that Michael Jackson was an addicted. But no one tell us why he got into this painkillers, what kind of PAIN would someone have that makes one need even anesthesia to sleep. What kind of desease is that, no lupus not even cancer would do so for such a long time.

Posted at 5:33PM on Jul 14th 2009 by Andrew

-------------------------

Your stupid, it has been widley reported that Michale got hooked on drugs when he got burnt doing the Pepsi shoot.He got burnt badly and had to have skin graft, that means pain and pain killers. Now do you understand.
Posted at 5:38PM on Jul 14th 2009 by to little
-------------------------

Do your homework before you speak,
In the raid at the house, back in 2003, they found Prednisone, which TMZ labelled as a “steroid”.
It’s actually a powerful corticosteroid, an immunosuppressant used as a last resort in auto-imuune diseases, such as lupus, because of its devastating side-effects. It basically turns off your white cells, which are rebelling against your own body. You have no or little immunity (hence the masks).

The side effects inculde:
* Weight Gain
* Glucose Intolerance
* Hypertension
* Increased Susceptibility to Infections
* Bone Thinning
* Easy Bruising
* Mood Swings/Insomnia
*Confusion
* Mental depression

The fact that this drug was found in his house shows he did suffer form an lupus, as he stated numerous times. Lupus is a a very painful disorder, often associated with vitiligo. Those of African American or Asian descent are more likely to have lupus.

Like I said, reasearch before you post. Same goes for TMZ.

Penny

________________________________

Nope...alcohol is a legal substance...available for purchase, no doctor visit or prescription needed.

Anesthesia in your home is a whole other matter. Can't get a prescription for it, can't purchase it at a pharmacy.
Someone had to hook up that IV drip....that's IF THERE WAS ONE AND THAT IS WHAT DID ACTUALLY OCCUR.
If a personal physician is in your home and does that....well, that's a whole other matter.

Jenae

A few nights ago a panel on HLN was discussing the doctors, and their culpability. In their opinion, the doctor shopping gives them a defense.

GuitarG

He definitely did this to himself. The amount of people who want to ignore the facts and blame his death on doctors is incredible. If illegal drugs were prescribed or the amount of drugs prescribed is excessive, then I hope they get in trouble. However, I still think that the fault mostly lies with Jackson himself.

It sounds like he surrounded himself with enablers. That is what drug addicts do. They don't want anyone around who will try to curb their addiction.

I don't feel sorry for Michael Jackson, but I do feel sorry for his kids.

anonymous

REAL

Surprise !!! He OD;ed on Propofol.. anyone who is a Open Minded Free Thinks already knows this..
Just his naive Fans don't believe the Truth..

I didn't before , but I now think that he did molest those boys and did OD on drugs..
I also think the Lisa Marie thing was a scam... He never even slept with her.
He just liked her little boys

Jesus Juice anyone !!!!!

GuitarG

If an alcoholic goes on a drinking binge and dies - do people blame the manufacturers of alcohol? What if someone OD's on OTC drugs, like cough syrup? Is it the drug makers fault that the person wanted to get high and abused it? Of course not.

Michael Jackson was nothing more than a perverted druggie.

Posted at 7:34PM on Jul 14th 2009 by Linds
********************************

Exactly, Linds. MJ lovers will excuse his behavior on anyone and everyone. Doctors, the children he molested for having the audacity to speak up, Joe Jackson (although I do think the man is a creep), the fact MJ didn't have a childhood, the people who he surrounded himself with (like Debbie Rowe), etc.

Everyone seems to relieve MJ of any personal responsibility and accountability for his actions. He was the one who sought out all the drugs and allegedly doctor shopped.

I do agree if any specific doctor prescribed him drugs in an egregious manner, they should be held accountable for their part but in the end.. nobody forced Michael to seek out these drugs and use them.

HumanNature

Laura

How can one live with themself knowing that they killed Michael...and God knows who else...lets inject Dr. Klien with the drug and see how he likes it. Even if he doesnt go to jail..he will never be able to leave his house.

Bex

Allentown seems to be the only intelligent person here....

Sale Case Johnson--WTF??

#2 Wow. If that's true, and that's a big if, that Dr. Arnold Klein is gay, I wonder... could it mean that there was a love connection between him and MJ as well? That might explain the 3 and 4 times a week visits leading up to his death, right? This is getting more and more tangled.... WOW

iamcuriousyellow

I didn´t particularly like Michael Jackson. He may have been a boy molestor. I don't know.

Nevertheless, it is necessary to get to the bottom of what happened to him. He was a human being, and if he was murdered or assisted in a drug addiction he may have had, we should know what happened and any guilty parties should be prosecuted.

I'm glad that the DEA is actually doing something to find an answer. Good for them.

Good for TMZ, too. You are certainly outshining the other news sources around.

Sharona

Michael Jackson's body broke down from years of drug abuse. He was a expert manipulator and doctor shopper. I am forming no opinion until the tox reports come back. The problem with wealty or famous addicts is that until they are ready to stop, no amount of intervention will help. Anna Nicole rejected Larry Birkhead because he tried to get her off drugs. Jackson had numerous Docs, and probably lied about what meds he was already taking. Thus, Dr. A had no knowledge of what Dr. B.,C, etc. had already prescribed. We don't know yet how he got his hands on hospital grade anesthesia. If it was administered by a Dr., of course he/she should be held accountable.

My paryers are with the children, and that Joe Jackson never gets anywhere near them!

Michael Jackson

Here is my honest response. If MJ had molested my son, if I had one, I would have pursued this matter in criminal court and then filed a civil case against him once the criminal case was over. I do think the Jordan family was wrong in not doing this. I also believe MJ was a pedophile.

crystal

50. I JUST WANT TO ASK A HONEST QUESTION TO MJ HATERS! IF YOUR CHILD OR GRANDCHILD WAS MOLESTED WOULD YOU ACCEPT MONEY OR SEND THE BASTARD TO JAIL??? I WANT HONEST RESPONSE!!!

Posted at 7:57PM on Jul 14th 2009 by HumanNature

ABSOLUTELY NOT. NOT ONE PENNY ! SEND HIM TO JAIL..............................BUT THEN AGAIN, I KNOW MICHAEL WAS INNOCENT ALL ALONG, AND THAT THESE PEOPLE WERE JUST OUT TO GET MONEY...