Jacko's Kids: Let Us Pray

7/15/2009 3:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A week after speaking at her father's memorial, Paris Jackson (left) with older brother Michael Jr. (right) were spotted entering a Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall on Tuesday.

media_removed.jpg

Jude

When I was 13 my mother very nearly converted to becoming a Jehovah's Witness and wanted to take me and my brother with her, so I can speak from an insider position here. These kids-- whose family photos show them at happy, warm birthday parties and extravagant Christmas celebrations-- will now lead a more somber, celebration-free life. Jehovah's Witnesses do not celebrate birthdays because they say the Bible says a man should be remembered more for his death than for his birth. They do not celebrate Christmas because it is a pagan tool of modern Christianity. When my mother was being indoctrinated she threw away our family Christmas tree. I'm trying to remember here, I don't think they celebrate Easter, for the same reason, it's a pagan celebration.

Other Witness facts are They do not pledge allegiance to the flag, because they believe it is like worshipping false gods/ idols. The women are encouraged to dress very modestly and not wear makeup or hair products, because these things encourage vanity. They DO believe in the Bible but a very strict interpretation of it. The Kingdom Halls are simply plain lecture rooms with plain chairs in rows, they do not believe in any kind of ornamentation, because it distracts you from worshipping God. And it was not until maybe 40 years ago that African-Americans were considered equals in the church.

When I saw this photo, I hung my head, remembering how confused and sad I had been at that age to be overwhelmed by Jehovah's Witness doctrine. We were previously fair-to-middling Episcopalians so it was quite a shock learning we couldn't celebrate any holidays or get birthday presents. It was upsetting to be convinced into hanging out with Witness kids, some of whom had that vaguely creepy Stepford Child air about them-- you know, too perfect, too willing to tattle on the slightest thing? I feel for Paris, Prince, and Blanket, poor babies. I can only hope that in a few years Prince and Paris will leave the church just as their father did, and take their little brother with them.

val

To MarthaAz- Don't believe everything people tell you against the JW....Satan is always active trying to separate us from the truth....casue you already had found the truth. Jehovah has been showing you the truth through the JW and the bible study. As far as what Thankfully Free has said, it's all wrong, i'm sorry but he's sooo wrong. Martha please read 2 Corinthians 4:4...and you will see that "the God of this system (SATAN) has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ might not shine through". Don't be fooled by all the bad APOSTATES with bad information against JW. Satan is using people like them to misled other people from learning the truth. Read Isaiah 9:16,17 it's exactly what these people are doing, and they are called Apostates....Jehovah will deal with these personally! Be careful.

Lauren

How can any Jehovah's Witness come on TMZ and call anyone a bigot? Jehovah's Witnesses are anti-gay, anti-women, and anti-knowledge. I have several extended family members who are Jehovah's Witnesses and I was taken to a few of their conventions a small child and I remember hearing that going to college or seeking any type of higher education means that you are not devoted to Jehovah. Education is viewed as worldly and not something to focus on. Domestic violence is something very prevelent and quietly tolerated. I even witnessed a man hit his wife in the parking lot and no one said anything and I know that many other people saw. My aunt told me that if you are a woman being beaten than you should just pray that your husband will be changed.

For the JW's on this site who say they follow the bible, I was never show the bible by itself. I was either shown one of the JW books , a big green one that I think was a pair (sorry I don't remember the names of any of them) an orange one and one that is for little kids (bible stories or something). I don't know what different people consider to be mind control but that's certainly how I felt. There was no physical intimidation but metal intimidation and it was always very e.g. they would tell me that the only way to see my dead grandparents was to study with them or they would tell me that the only people who didn't want to convert wanted to do drugs and sleep around with everyone they meet.

They would also try to get me to go door to door with them (but my mom wouldn't allow it) by telling me that true christians have to spend so many hours a week preaching and writing down how many hours they spent doing it and turn it in to be counted. When I turned 18 I went off to college and stopped speaking to them. I tried to keep in touch with one aunt but the only things she ever wants to do is give me 10001 reasons I need to convert. I also have relatives who are Jewish and Muslim (I'm Ethiopian American) and they don't ever try to make me convert to their faith. They talk about it sometimes but not to try to get me to convert but just because it's something that's a part of their lives which I understand. I can't speak for all JW's but that is my experience with them.

stalkers are scum

When I graduated high school I started university. The visiting circuit overseer (more authority) told I had to pioneer..(full time going house to house) . If I continued with my first semester I would be disfellowshipped. If I got a job, I would be disfellowshipped. I had to pioneer full time OR ELSE!! 30 years later, I've never got an education, never held a job, never married as I would not marry any of those fat, gay brothers, (never took any welfare, I want to make that clear) and I never pioneered...I did absolutely nothing with my life..As the fear that was drummed in to me that if I did ANYTHING I would be disfellowshipped. How can people even dare say this is good for Michael's kids has me totally shaking my head in disbelief.

They were in it for the money

1099, your post sounds like something that happened to me as well, except I did get into music field, but not for long. #1097 you are spot on as well. I too have seen 'brothers' who manhandled their wives-always in the parking lot of the halls...They do a terrible mind warp on a person, I am sorry but I just do not believe the ones on here who say they are a true JW would have the nerve to say the things they say, on a devil made tool - go, ask your overseer, he will tell you wiseguys you will lose points and 'fall back' in your service points for going on such a satanisist website...Which it is not, just the JW will say that, they will, I swear it, they will! Danged Witnesess messin with people minds. they dont want you to think for yourself, they need you to be dependant on them in their glory-Sorry, Jesus died for ALL OF US...get a clue here people of that cultist sorry excuse for a religion.

val

To; Thats the way it is- EVERYTHING YOU WROTE ON YOUR COMMENT IS A BIG LIE. JW'S WILL NEVER GET DISFELLOWSHIP BECAUSE THEY GO TO COLLEGE OR THE UNIVERSITY. THEY DO NOT GET DISFELLOWSHIP FOR GETTING A JOB....THAT IS NONSENCE! ALSO, JW ARE NEVER FORCED TO DO ANYTHING...NO ELDER, OR CIRCUIT OVERSEER...NOT EVEN JEHOVAH FORCES ANYONE TO SERVE HIM, IT HAS TO COME FROM THE HEART. I'VE BEEN IN THE TRUTH FOR 30 YEARS AND I HAVE NEVER BEEN FORCED TO DO ANYTHING OR TOLD NOT TO WORK OR GO TO SCHOOL....AND EITHER HAVE YOU. SO DON'T BLAME THE ELDERS, OR CIRCUIT OVERSEERS FOR YOUR LACK OF EDUCATION OR FOR NOT HAVING A JOB...ETC,ETC. YOU SOUND PRETTY BITTER TO ME AND I'M SORRY FOR THAT, BUT DON'T BLAME OTHERS FOR THAT. PLUS, WHO KNOWS, MAYBE IF YOU WOULD OF MARRIED ONE OF THE FAT BROTHERS YOU MENTIONED IN YOUR COMMENT....YOU NOW WOULD BE A HAPPY PERSON SERVING JEHOVAH. AND YOU WOULDN'T BE CRITICISING THE JW ORGANIZATION. YEP! THATS JUST HOW IT IS.

val

#1100--- WE WILL DEFEND THE TRUTH FROM PEOPLE LIKE YOU, WHO WANT OTHERS TO SEE US AS AN EVIL CULT, WHICH OF COURSE IS NOT TRUE.....I BELEIVE YOU GUYS ARE CALLED APOSTATES... YOU GUYS ARE MENTIONED IN THE BIBLE IN ISAIAH 9:17. AND BELEIVE ME, JEHOVAH HIMSELF WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. BELIEVE ME, IT'S SUCH A GREAT PRIVILEGE TO KNOW WHO IS JEHOVAH GOD... I KNOW THAT I'M IN THE TRUTH. I

They were in it for the money

No Val, I agree with you, You haven't been told what to do...noooo...you just have been brainwashed and just don't know it Ignorance is bliss I guess...now don't you have an Awake or Watchtower to go and study in, mark the pages all up with lines so you can remember the answers, then go and sing the song 'from House to House' and leave the computer alone...

Ben

I decked out my home one year with every Christmas light I could find, and who came to my door to ask me to remove them as they were 'offensive'? Damned JW's, that's who! I just ran to Lowe's...bought out ALL the lights they had left...and used up so much power I blew out all their friggin' lights.....(lived in a mostly JW neighborhood, at that time). One of the 'normal' neighbors asked me if I could turn off my lights long enough for him to watch a game, as I took his power...LOL!

They were in it for the money

Val..do you think all on here are deaf? Stop using caps to try and get your point across. I;m not an Apostate. I have a brain and eyes and can see hear touch feel, unlike the organization you belong to. to sum up the wgole Watchtower bible and Tract Society every one who has ever 'served' are truly, to the point dire Victims of Grand Deception. I am sorry. How can you take the bible and then words from men who run the society, teeling you what to do? this means you can't think for yourself, they do not want you to think for yourselves. I find it very odd these guys who have been forever stammering on and on about how people are lovers of money rather than lovers of god have a cahe of NY property...Whats that all about hu? They turned this into a multi billion dollar BS cult is what they did, I'm sure they will turn the story to their advantage...Ask them if they EVER fed the needy or helped the truly poor in other countries, he**, I do remember the days when the blacks were seperate from the whites and we are talking the 1970's baby...

stalkers are scum

Er, Val, yes, every single word is true. My father, who happened to be the overseer of the congregation at that time, & my mother, were both present. Denial is not just a river in Egypt, I see. My mother even admits that the JWs totally changed their policies on allowing JWs to have a bit of training or education now.

stalkers are scum

Yes, KnowsItWell, I've seen brothers hit their wives in the parking lots as well. My mother & I used to get regular beatings too. That's probably the most fundamental reason I would never marry. JWs do beat their wives, & their wives have a code of silence. Oh, yes, they swooped in & got the lion's share of the money too...Yes, I know...Nothing we can say...They will have to experience it firsthand themselves, and even then they will be in denial for years and years, until one day they will say, "There is something bad wrong here."

val

Code of silence????? oh God, you people are really going too far...IT'S FUNNY, UNBELIEVABLE!

val

Katherine is doing the right thing. Grandmas are always right, they love their grandchildren and they want them to grow up being respectful to others. Don't criticize her for doing the right thing. JW's are good people, they are friendly, they like to preach door to door, the purpose is to help others.... and they don't even get paid. So, i'm glad Katherine is a JW, those kids will be in good hands, they will learn alot.

stalkers are scum

Yes, another elder wife confided in my mother just last week about the beatings she received from her elder husband, & he's been dead 20 years...She is meek as mouse..Never says a word over a whisper...

Previous 15 Comments | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments