Jim Caviezel Banged Up in Harley Crash

7/17/2009 2:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

James CaviezelJim Caviezel -- the dude who played Jesus in "The Passion of the Christ" -- was injured yesterday in Washington after cops say a man threw a bicycle into the path of Jim's Harley-Davidson.

Cops say Jim -- who was wearing a helmet -- suffered cuts and bruises and was taken to the Cascade Medical Center in Leavenworth.

A Washington State Patrol officer said bike chucker probably has mental issues.

Tom

I had just met Mr. Caviezel 2 weeks before ths incident in O'side, Ca. I was pumping gas and I asked this gentleman how he kept the paint on his KICKN Mercedes SL series so immaculate. I didn't know it was Jim until he domonstrated his technique. I was so embarassed that violated his privacy bubble. But during our brief conversation I was impressed by his graciousness and genuine concern for humanity and those affected by this recession (including his craft!). If were satan I would aim for him too.

lisa

"A Washington State Patrol officer said bike chucker probably has mental issues." ...gee, ya think?

1902 days ago

mk

Jesus should smite him.

1902 days ago

who gives a shit

Well, DUH!!!!

1902 days ago

James

Maybe he can get back into his Jesus character and will that the 1000 employees of Harley Davidson in USA that are slated to be fired due to the economy can keep their jobs!

1902 days ago

Was There

I actually came upon this accident yesterday about 10 minutes after it happened. Cops past me to get to accident but there got there about 4 to 5 minutes before me. The state patrol was taking pictures with everyone lining up behind the motorcycle and bicycle so I assume they knew he was an actor. The bicycle was entangled in the motorcycle. I first thought that the bicyclist would be dead but since the ambulance was still there and and cops walking around casually, that no one was hurt. Weird.

1902 days ago

tarded

Send Bicycle Chucker to his maker since he's dangerous to society. No more freebees for the looneys!

1902 days ago

Hussie

"Bike Chucker"?...LMAO!!!
Seriously though, crap like this needs to be given more attention...Folks don't realize that what may seem insignificant is extremely dangerous to those riding motorcycles...
I wonder if they caught the "nutjob"?...

1902 days ago

hahahaha!

I had a friend who was murdered by someone who had a mental illness while counseling him. Left his wife a widow and his kids fatherless .. I understand that not all with a mental illness are dangerous but there really should be some way to better protect people from those who are. And they are out there.

1902 days ago

lost in lalaland

Bike Chucker has been driven crazy by the unnecessary loudness of the Harleys. He couldn't take it anymore!

1901 days ago

MindTerrorist

Cops say the Bike Thrower was Christian Bale.

1901 days ago

Brenda

I wonder how many other dangerous things this bike thrower has done.
I am glad James will be alright since he could have been killed by
such a crazy act.

1901 days ago

David

How come Jesus did not make the bike fly away?

1901 days ago

sunny

Just saw him and his 2 children playing at the pool at the Suncadia resort's swim and fitness center the day before the accident. He was on his cell phone talking about how he'd ridden his motorcycle through the town of Leavenworth a few days ago and wanted to go back. He and his wife are from WA, seems like they were just on a family vacation for a few days.

1901 days ago

n-tothe-dub

Yes, Caveziel is from Washington, went to University of Washington and still has family here (sister in Seattle?)
And, I also think the bike chucker was none other than Christian Bale. He was probably walking down the highway with his bike's flat tire, thinking 'la de da da da" - hey a Harley dude. I'll f**k up his day and teach him a lesson about riding on MY road.

1901 days ago