Don Cornelius -- I Want to Die Alone

7/20/2009 9:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Don Cornelius Don Cornelius has made it clear he does not want to die ... married.

The "Soul Train" king was so desperate to get a divorce from his ex-wife Viktoria, that he actually put the following lines in divorce papers he submitted to L.A. County Superior Court:

"I am 72 years old. I have significant health issues. I want to finalize this divorce before I die."

The judge must have seen things Don's way -- the divorce was granted a couple of weeks ago.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Babs

I am sorry for the way his life ended. My sincere condolences go out to his family. I enjoyed his show as a youth. He was a giant in profession.

tonee

r.i.p.

tonee

sooo sad. no one knows how he must have been suffering, mentally and physically. r.i.p. don. you gave of hope, love of music and entertainment, and plenty of soul!

Anna Hyde Babington-Johnson

I would offer that in the darkest of an hour, when hope appears completely out of reach as well as sight. The very next second, minute, hour, day, week, month or year can be as bright as the morning sun. Keep in mind God knows everything, he sits high and look low. He can change the situation. God bless you Don Cornelius, I am sorry that you did not feel a better day was forthcoming. We applaud you and your insight for creating the platform for our talent to be both seen and heard. In parting, we wish you love, peace and soul...

Black Beautiful successful

That's what you get when you stoop below your standards and marry WHITE TRASH!!!!! black men Smh when will y'all learn... OJ/Nicole...Simpson Lionel Richie/Diane Alexander/ MJ/Debbie I mean really everybody knows that white woman are the most fake women on earth that want to be like us black women hell they getting butt injections, skin bronzing, fuller lips fuller noses , hair weaves and boob jobs all to be like the beautiful black queen why???? because we rule!!! naturally intelligent, come in all shapes and shades of brown I mean who wouldn't want to be like us IJS.....have a great day everyone:)

idct

And now he got his wish, he is dead!

earl the pearl

That goldding w...h, I'm glad the divorce was finalized before he died. My hope is that she didn't get anything out of the deal. Don worked hard for his money & fame. She didn't deserve to enjoy his money. Don, RIP & you will not be forgotten!

Joyce Gibbs

I find it very strange that Mr. Cornelius committed suicide immediately following the termination of the two year period that disallowed payment of life insurance benefits to his exwife due to suicide. Has no member of his family questioned this? The timing of his demise seems very questionable to me.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5