Kelsey: 'Don't Release' My Sister's Murderer

7/27/2009 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelsey Grammer wasn't able to attend a parole hearing today for the man who raped and murdered his sister back in 1975 -- so he sent this powerful letter which was read aloud.

Kelsey Grammer

Grammer -- who missed the hearing in Colorado Springs this morning due to rain delays at JFK airport -- pleads with the court not to release the man who "abducted ... raped ... savaged ... butchered" his little sister Karen.

Grammer described his sister as "smart and good and decent," and said "I can never escape the horror of what happened" to her ... "Please do not release this man from prison."

Freddie Glenn -- the man who murdered Karen -- will stay put for at least 5 more years.

hora

terrible tragedy. this man should never be allowed to go free.

DOODAD

Shame on you for posting this TMZ

Carl

To Papparazzo:

It isn't that the guy got 5 years for rape and murder. This happened back in 1975 and I bet the guy has been locked up ever since. The thing about the 5 years is that once someone becomes eligible for parole they get a hearing to see if they should be released, and if denied they have to wait 5 more years before they have another chance at a hearing.

In fact Charles Manson goes through the same thing. Every 5 years or so he has a parole hearing. They always say no, and I'm sure always will, but legally they have to do a hearing. Hopefully the guy that killed Kelsey's sister will keep having the same thing happen.

tracey

WOW.

HulkKrush

I say release him. Release the dirtbag into General Population and let the inmates decide what happens to murdering-rapists.

ftm guy

I read somewhere long ago that his brother was eaten by a shark. No joke, I read that in a reputable newspaper years ago.

Violette-Blue

Why, why, why would they want to release this monster into our society just so he can do it all over again???? We have the worst criminal justice system in the USA. No death penalty, these criminals get treated like they are celebs and the innocent suffer for it. I will never understand why we can't kill these monsters for taking the live(s) of others, but we are fast to kill animals when all they are doing is what comes natural to them (protecting their young, food, etc). We will shoot with no remorse an innocent animal, but not a hardened criminal who has no reason to kill in the first place. Sociopaths and psychopaths murder for the fun of it and show no remorse. Why should we even allow them to breathe the same air we do???

Wanda

This situation has brought tears to my eyes. I hope I never have to experience that type of horrible pain. God bless you Kelsey. We love you.

danielle

got this on wikipedia

Family tragedies
Grammer's family life has been plagued by tragedies. In 1968, when Grammer was thirteen, his father, whom he had seen only twice since his parents' divorce, was murdered on the front lawn of his home in the U.S. Virgin Islands.[2] In 1975, his sister, Karen, was murdered after being abducted outside a Red Lobster restaurant in Colorado Springs, Colorado, where her boyfriend worked.[4] Grammer has sworn to prevent his sister's murderer from being paroled.[5] In 1980, his twin younger half-brothers by his mother's second marriage were killed by a shark in a scuba diving accident.[6][7]

thought that this trippled the impact!

Buck Farack

Wow - powerful letter Mr. Grammar. I feel your immense pain in your words. God heard your prayers. Take good care.

erichv96

eattrn

What a waste of money. There should be no parole hearing for there should be no prisoner. People like this need to be disposed of quickly and efficiently. There is the money to fund health care right there, quitting feeding rapists and murderers.

Raella

He is probably a "die hard Republican" because of people like this trash & "Ballistic".
Sorry to hear of your family tragedy Kelsey.

Alan C

Just read the letter Kelsey submitted - and it was heart-wrenching. I remember very early on in the 90's Kelsey wrote about this incident in his then book - and how when he read it on Oprah, he cried she cried - it was all very MOVING!

Here we are years later and NO this man should not be released - the prison walls that house him is where he belongs.

REAL

to 15. Grammer is a die-hard republican. I say, let anyone out early for helping us rid the world of his kin.

Posted at 4:24PM on Jul 27th 2009 by Ballisac

I am a Demarcate my self, But You are an Embarrassment not only to the Party but to Men every where.

If it were YOur Sister, you would be screaming Kill the MFer... so would I for that matter.
But I would never say such a thing as you have, I also dislike the Republican party .
But YOu went Way too Far..

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments