Rivers -- Brooke Shields Exploited Jacko's Death

8/4/2009 10:51 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joan Rivers is calling out Brooke Shields for her weepy speech at Michael Jackson's memorial saying it was less about remembering her "dearest friend" and more about getting some serious "face time."

Joan Rivers: Click to watch
For the record: Shields admits the last time she saw Michael was 1991.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

annelouise

Joan! Whats wrong with you? Why would you even comment unless you wanted some "face" time yourself? You know, I like you but sometimes lately, you just come across so mean.

MindTerrorist

WHO GIVES A RATS ASS!!!!!

Saucenuts

Joan Rivers gives great head!

nbfiddlehead

and she is commenting because.....? oh because she is an irrelevant old hag who wants some attention. Die already please? kkthx.

anniehopper

I would say that Joan Rivers is the one with the "serious face time"...actually serious face work!

caroline

I cant handle Joan Rivers.
She is always taking digs at other people... but cant handle when someones is putting a joke on her. Then she gets all pissed out!

Brooke Shield and Michael spent A LOT of time together in the 90's. Brooke was there and KNOWS the real Michael Jackson. She just gave a beautiful speech about her time with Michael. So what if it was 20 years ago? She knew him and gave another side of him. I loved her speech.

billie jean

Joan look's like a extra from the thriller video

photos?

I can see this one both ways.
Brook was asked to speak and she probably thought she was honoring him.
Sometimes people at funerals represent different times in your life and everyone knows Brook was his
friend when they were young.
I think she meant well and I don't think she did it for press. That is just silly.
Brook is a decent person and you don't see her trying to live her life in the press.

ibjeff

Joan used to be so funny. She is now such a vindictive bitch. Brooke was sincere and said things from her heart. Joan has no right to make any comment. I remember Joan's horrible comment right after MJ passed away. MJ rip. Joan please get off your mean attitude and join the respectiful people.

pam

Joan Rivers is a wreck.

maggie mae

If Joan and her daughter Melissa get any more face lifts, they will have a face that looks like Michael Jackson. They both need to get out of the spotlight, they don't belong there. They may be good business women,, but they are not good entertainers. Get a life, both of you,

justice4MJ

wow what the fucx is wrong with her? why is she always puttin MJ off, Brooke Shields knew MJ and she gave a wonderful speech

Corianne

I've never met the guy, and I guarantee I would cry much more and much louder as Brooke did if I was standing in her shoes.

slt

Brooke was asked to speak, presumably to share memories of the times they had together. Can't see how this is phony.

other side of the world

f*ck Joan Rivers, just how low can she get now, shut your plastic f*cking mouth.
Brooke was at one point Michael's very close friend.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments