Chris Brown Sentencing -- Delayed

8/5/2009 6:47 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown's sentence has been delayed until August 27th at 2 PM PT.

Chris Brown: Click to watch

The reason for the delay ... the judge said she wants Brown to perform Caltrans-type work -- hard labor -- for his community service. The plan for the community service in Virginia was not fully in place, so the judge wants to see the full schedule at the end of the month.

The judge wants to know what Brown will be doing for his community service -- 90% of the community service is accounted for but the remaining 10% needs to be locked down.

Rihanna's lawyer, Donald Etra, says Brown has not violated the stay away order.

Click to view!Brown pled guilty to felony assault last month.

gog

Send him to Arizona where it is 118 to pick up trash. Do him good.

Random Gal

Has Chris Brown acknowledged to others that he did in fact hit Rihanna?? Other than his lame, scripted, public apology.

B Harrell

are the rumors of chris and rihanna getting married and bein with each other true? and what would that lead to, jail time?

no way

Can his sentence be lessened for good behavior?

Lee

So what kind of hard labor are they thinking about and how who will sign off on it? I've seen that kind of stuff absolutely used wrong. All it normally takes is jo blows signature on something.

First whores!

Bitch had better have dinner ready next time.

TT

Harvey, what do you know about reports that the 'stay-a-way' order has been violated and that Chris & Rr-Ri are indeed back together?

Freckles

Was Chris Brown's recently broadcasted video apology mentioned at all today? If so, did it seem to have had any positive or negative affect on his case?

wow

He deserve a hard labour.
I hope that he had learn from his ugly mistake.

Josh

As a lawyer, what do you believe chris brown reallly deserves as a punshiment ?

TizzyR8

Thats Good Well I LOVE YOU CHRIS BROWN!!

Becky

I think it's unfortunate that Chris could make such a stupid mistake and he has to pay the consequence. he's young and I think people are idiots to act like they have never done anything. even if you haven't laid your hand on another person you might have thought about it....it's not our place to judge let God do that...i'm glad Rihanna is staying away and he's learning his lesson and I hope the best for the both.

johnny

why hasnt the public precieved this crime that this idiot did as serious as it needs to be...wtf? why do people still idle this woman beater? I dont understand I think he got off way to easy and they need to make an examplel of him..what a great oppurtunity to make a well derserved example...nobody in the industry has the balls to say what a HORRIFFIC thing this guy did...I dont understand? Please help me out with this...

Josh

aHrvey as a lawyer, what do you think chris brown really deserves a pushisment?

Linda Mott

If Rihanna cancels the restraining order will this help Chris in court? Is love never having to say you're sorry? I hope not!