John Hughes

Dies

8/6/2009 5:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John Hughes DiesJohn Hughes has died of a heart attack.

Hughes suffered the heart attack while taking a morning walk during a trip to NYC to visit family.

He directed such '80s hit films as "The Breakfast Club," Weird Science," "Sixteen Candles" and "Ferris Bueller's Day Off."

He was 59.

More Today in TMZ History

John

I am shocked. He has been one of my fav directors ever. I seen all his movies and Breakfast club is one of my top movies..

still stunned...

Lucas get your ass to the dr quick

80's girl

omg, I am sooooooooo sad. He was so amazing, his movies are timeless and I have watched them all dozens of times, grew up with them, my child watches them, such a loss, unreal. My heart goes out to his family. Thank you John Hughes, you are loved and will be missed.

david A.

don't you forget about him

Cris

RIP

RPMinion

John Hughes "Trains Planes and Automobiles" was his masterpiece. I hope he is in a good place..
God Bless Him

Sunshine

I'm so sad that he died!!! I named my son after Jake Ryan from 16 Candles!!! He was really talented and will be missed!

i'd be proud too

#15 YOU NEED TO STFU ABOUT MICHELLE OBAMA

some one just died and you are ranting about some one who isnt even being discussed, wtf is wrong with you??

i hope that when you die people start laughing and start discussing completely irrelevant bull like you are currently doing

Amanda91

NOOOOO!!! im 17 but i've seen all four of those movies over and over again. the breakfast club is one of my favorite movies ever.

RIP :[

Blondie

Very sad about the news of his death. He made some of the best movies ever, RIP John

Hot Chocolate

Ferris Beullers day Off was one of my favorite films. It was so fun so relevant to the times. I think the industry has lost another great one. It takes a special person to really inspire the pulse of a generation. Mr. Hughes acoomplished that.

Mikey

HUGHES, HUGHES, HUGHES, HUGHES, HUGHES..................................

FlowerChild

Holy Crap!!! I love his movies!!! RIP......

alreadybad

Thank you for sharing with us your creativity and imagination Mr. Hughes. You will most certainly be missed. My acknowledgments to the family.

r.i.p.

degrassi girl

He was alot younger than i thought.very sad,we have awesome movies to remember him by.RIP JH