Michael Jackson Tribute Concert Announced

8/10/2009 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonMichael Jackson's London concerts never happened -- but maybe this tribute show will.

Events promoter World Awards Media GmbH announced Monday members of Michael Jackson's family and a "high-profile lineup of international stars" are planning a tribute concert to be held within a few weeks in the Austrian capital.

No date has been set, but a venue has been picked -- Schoenbrunn Palace in Vienna, where an outdoor stage shaped like a crown will be built.

Tickets will go on sale August 20.

mario of quincy FL

Oh boy,Oh boy,Oh boy.U know I truly dont know what to say.I mean first of all at the memorial we his hopelessly devoted fans did not fully get to say goodbye,all we see is just the coffin,not the man who enchanted us.And than theres all these D#$KZillas claiming to be the father of his kidz.And now this.? Anyway we love u Micheal.

snickers

Where's the Michael Jackon action figure line? The Saturday morning cartoon? The Happy Meal? $$$

sue

ya know it just amazes me how this world is so caught up in making a buck, that they dont see something good right in front of them..what part of this concert did some of you miss that is to benefit charities--feed the world -larry king cardioliogy foundation- and the foundation that jermaine has had for many yrs to help underprivelidged families ..if this were madonna or some other entertainer nothing would be said about what part of the proceeds goes in her pocket.. but because it is mj you guys have to make it something totally discusting...MJ WASNT THE FREAK YOU ALL CALL HIM ,I DO BELEIVE SOME OF YOU NEED TO LOOK IN THAT MIRROR AND SEE WHAT IS WORTH CHANGING IN YOUR LIFE...WE ARE THE WORLD YES YOU AND ME AND ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE THAT JUDGE BEFORE KNOWING THE FACTS...but one thing i have learned from him is i saw that person in the mirror and it has made me a better person because of him...too bad we all cant just give a little more , instead of taking from those that have nothing from the very beginning...mj was a wonderful person whether you liked him or not, and for that he will always be remembered even if you dont like him,THAT IS A FACT!!!!!RIP MJ--SUE FROM TAMPA

LucyInTheSky

4. (a) when is this autopsy report coming out? (b) Where the hell is the corpse?

Posted at 9:02AM on Aug 10th 2009 by Johnny Scorn
**************************
FYI:

dorasheep

i'm not that interested...coz mj won't be there. not really interested in performance of other superstars.....only have mj on my mind..

Sophie

Is at the beginning of that tribute concert will a speach be pronouced about the fact that the conditions of the death of Mister MIchael Jackson must be entirely explained to all the people in the world who demand THE TRUTH ?
(sorry for my english)

Rhonda

MJ fans, go vist www.seekingthetruthmjfans.com. It is a web site on the truth about Michael. It is not finished yet. Fans have just started it. A work in progress.

Della

Doodle,

You think no contact with children could be that they were aware of visitors who came 24th and 25th?

Della

Excuse the double entry

infiiniity

oh yea that would be great .. im comin from vienna and id be so glad if austrians could have a lil bit of michael n his music for the last time ...

shygal100

HERE WE GO AGAIN. ONLY THING ANYONE IS WORRIED ABOUT IS HOW TO MAKE MONEY OFF HIM. HAVE YOU EVEN BURIED HIM YET OR IS THIS NOT A PRIORITY FOR THE MAN WHO SUPPORTED YOU ALL THESE YEARS? IT'S SICKENING.

danica

Great news! It is good to see that they are keeping his legacy going. They made a wise move to not have it in the US. The folks in other countrie have always been more appreciative of him as an artist and never invested a lot of time in dragging his name though the mud ,before and after his death.

Nicole

Cool

Keegan

Hey TMZ...

What's your opinion and how come you haven't covered MJ finally "being buried" as other news sources claim? How come the UK's The Mirror was the first to report that (they don't hold much credibility in my book to begin with) and ya'll weren't? Usually you all are 'on it'.

Unless that is...you know something we don't and have been forced into secrecy or else....

Dirty

10. All of MJ's fans are lnging for more MJ..The family is grieving,do not speak about his family.They are Michael's voice now.They are doing what they think is what Michael would want.To please MJ's fans,and to make the estate more secure for his kids...Why can't all you haters find someone or something else to do than slander a family still in shock from the loss of MICHAEL.Leave the family alone! I do hope the tribute will be televised.There are millions of fans who probably can't attend the event,who would love to see this concert.

Posted at 9:22AM on Aug 10th 2009 by Tooter sue
__________________________________
Are you kidding me? Seriously, all you have to do is just watch Michael's families actions and see them for the leaches they are, all except for Janet, as she is set financially herself and don't need to ride her brothers coat tails. Kath and Joe going to that high class Italian diner on paparazzi blvd just what 2 weeks ago? Jermaine making appearances on Michael's behalf and taking credit that isn't his? Jermain going to a ballgame and enjoying himself? now Jermaine again capitalizing on this? Money. That is what is is all about.

I know in my heart and my soul morally I could NOT be able to enjoy myself as a parent or sibling, not even 2 months after my loved one died of unknown causes that points to possible criminal activity, or rest until a conclusion and justice came. Only then I might be able to rest my despaired heart and spirit. It tears me up watching this family just having fun when Michael's death goes unsolved, my God, Michael really had no one... for him, with him. He was truly alone. I am so celebrating in my heart and soul that God has taken back his child home.

No one wanted him here when he was alive since '93 and now that he has died every one is screaming for him to not be gone. I don't get it...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments