Puff The Magic...

8/12/2009 2:14 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 71-year-olds all resurfaced at some event, looking groovy.

Peter, Paul and Mary

In 1970, Peter Yarrow (right) was convicted for taking "immoral and improper liberties" with a 14-year-old fan. President Carter later granted him clemency.

Despite his liberal political views, Paul Stookey (left) has been very involved with the Christian music scene.

In 2005, Mary Travers was diagnosed with leukemia but is doing well.

COMMENTS

Simone

They are really old now. But, it's ok. TIme went on, there is not to do against it.

Ben

Aw man....they look adorable, but I'm feeling mighty old now....:(

Rock Singer

We should all look so great and be as talented at there age .... they are the heart of the Folk Music and there Generation.m

LucyInTheSky

Puff. the Magic Dragon.........Pffff.
Here are 2 of their best, although I couldn't find a live tape of "Lemon Tree" their first. I remember it well.

Bob Dylans

Ryoichi Morita

Good to know they are still alive and well. I used to and still love their music.

Ed Gately

Plus, is it just me or does it look like Paul and Pete Townshend were separated at birth?

LucyInTheSky

Here's for you old Hippies, remember the 71 Peace March?

Simone

They are really old now. But, it's ok. TIme went on, there is nothing to do against it, just accept.

edylynn

I love them and miss their performing. Glad to see Mary is doing well despite the leukemia. My children and I love Paul's music and sense of humor. Peter keeps hanging in there. Wish they'd do a PBS or A&E or some kind of retro look back at what they have done with them appearing as they are now. Even if they are unable to sing as well I think people would love it. I saw something a few years abck like that. We need an upsdate! Love you ,Guys and Mary, too!

Marketing $ociologist

Have to agree with Eddie. That's Pete Townshend on the left - and he's only in his early 60s. So it's Pete, Mary and Peter?

balls

balls

D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Mary isn't doing well enough to keep her concert dates, unfortunately. Read the statement below sent from the venue to ticket holders.

Dear Wolf Trap Patron:
Due to the lingering effects of her treatment for cancer, Mary Travers will be unable to perform at Wolf Trap this summer. However, Peter and Noel Paul will perform for the Trio’s loyal audience in tribute to their nearly 50-year collaboration and dear friendship with Mary.
Original Peter, Paul & Mary tickets will be honored for this performance by Peter & Noel Paul.
Ticket holders who wish to receive a refund should mail their tickets to:
Wolf Trap Ticket Services
1645 Trap Road
Vienna, VA 22182

trex1310

If I had a hammer, I'd knock myself in the head........

Valeris

I met Peter Yarrow at an event 2 years ago. Still has a great voice! In the picture above Peter is on the right.

Lori

They were awesome and LOVED the song, "The answer my friend is blowing in the wind." They are what America is all about there talent and there style has never been duplicated by anyone. God Bless Mary and her fight with cancer.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments