« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Brett Favre Officially a Viking

8/18/2009 3:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret FavreTeam officials have confirmed Brett Favre will be playing for the Minnesota Vikings.

The deal is reportedly worth between $10-12 million.

Favre, 39, has scheduled a presser for 6pm EST.

Story not developing ... just getting old...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sabadorra

You Are Jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Democrats are evil

George William Gockel

I watched the news that Brett Farve is now the starting Quarterback for the Minnesota Vikings. He is getting for a football player. I have a collector's item a Brett Farve number 4 Green Bay Packers football jersey.

Favre from Over AGAIN

What a surprise....Favre comes out of retirement AGAIN!!! Does he even get that the rest of the world is making a joke about him and have now coined the phrase "Pulling a Favre" for anyone who can't seem to make up their mind! Can't wait for David Letterman tonight so once again Favre can be the brunt of jokes. Good luck Green Bay when you play the Vikings!!! The team won't need a pep talk for that game.

beasely

so. does the nfl contracts differ from those in other biz,,,
retire, break a contract and then sign on with another,,,,
what do the jets get out of this,,

Kitty

traitor!!!

he's gonna end up leaving the vikings anyway by this time next year.

like with the jets.

its understandable he wants to keep playing but does he have to go with the rival team?

Favre Fan 4Ever

I am with you WiscoGirl, GB Girl and Mr. Koch!!! I believe Brett would have played for the Packers if TT, MM etc. would have been decent about him playing again for the Pack...and it would have been fabulous--They were doing so well--maybe even another Superbowl win and Brett could have finished out his career with the Pack. A. Rogers could have played back-up just a bit longer and gone in when needed--better for him too to ease into it a bit more. I didn't think the Pack looked so good last year...and Brett did some great things with the Jets….

GO BRETT GO--I LOVE to watch you play the game you so obviously love...I wish it could have been the Packers a couple more years, but Go BRETT Go--rooting for you!!!!!!!!!!!! When and if TT/MM go from the Packers, I will consider being a Packer fan again...they blew me out for the time they are there by how they treated Brett. Hope to see Brett play in another winning Superbowl…Go BRETT GO!!!

Maniacal Zebra

37. I'm excited brett played really good last year and the vikings need a quaterback to go with peterson

Posted at 7:02PM on Aug 18th 2009 by j

On what planet did he play well? It sure wasn't this one.

38. Whooo Hoooo If The three Stooges in Green Bay - Ted, Mark, and Mike wouldnt let him play, I say Let him play! Brett Favre is the Best QB to play the game, just check the statts!! I mean C'Mon! He can play, he has a real desire and love for football. As far as the "back and forth retire, un-retire, like brett said - ask the Media! they feed the heads of the un-willing, and those who cannot speak for themselves. If Ted Thompson didnt have ONE clue Favre may reconcider his first retirement, GB needs more than a new GM - Fire them all! and take Aaron Rodgers with them! Golden boy my ass! Think about it!.
I wish Brett the best of luck, and only hope I get a chance to see the man play the game he loves SOO much!! Mabe Harvey will take me to a game! Lve TMZ Harv. Go Brett Go !! Go Vikings! A Favre fan 4 ever! Mr. Koch. Whitewater, Wi.

Posted at 7:43PM on Aug 18th 2009 by Mr. Koch

Favre had a choice and chose to retire. The Packers built a team based on Rodgers as QB. Favre changed his mind (for the first of many times) and wanted to rejoin a team that was no longer built to accommodate him. He demanded that the team jump to please him. The Packers decided to go with what they had. It's Favre's fault it didn't work out, not Thompson's.

If he had a REAL love for football, he wouldn't keep playing these retirement games and jerking around so many teams. The Packers put things on hold year after year to accommodate his "decision" time. The Jets let him go because he was going to retire. He told the Vikings just last month that he was going to stay retired. Those are signs of a man who loves drama, not football.

Best player in the game? PAST TENSE! He's over the hill and his stats in recent years is evidence of that. He's all about being a drama queen these days.

Ask the media about his wishy-washiness? How are they supposed to know? They asked him over and over and he kept changing his mind. No one changed his mind repeatedly over the last few years but Favre. The media had nothing to do with it.

44. Everyone has an opinion and it looks like if you are from Green Bay, your opinion of Farve ranks up there with Obama. Farves only sin is that he thought he would enjoy retirement. I personally admire the man. Last time I played full tackle football, I could barely move the next day. For a 39 year old, he is one tough hombre. One last comment, I wish nothing but contempt for the Philadelphia eagles and Michael Vick. This man is evil and of course he must be a Democrat. At least as a felon, he can't vote anymore. Football has laid a giant turd with this dog killer.

Posted at 9:51PM on Aug 18th 2009 by Democrats are evil

Ummmm ... he knew after last year that he wouldn't enjoy retirement. How did he think it would change this year?

Wisconsin Conservative

The Packers couldn't wait on there butts for Favre to make a decision??They had to move on with there new experienced QB.How did that work out for you?? ha ha ha
Thompson couldn't do it in Seattle because of his ego and stubbornness and he wont in Green Bay. When they fire him in the near future,what will be left???A mess and a incompetent guy like Mark Murphy to clean it up.Do you really feel a Packer connection with Murphy,Thompson and McCarthy????

Austin

Brett Favre used to have some integrity....I was a Viking fan but now will never back the team as they(the team) have become a part of the Favre circus. He wouldn't be my pick for quarterback in a high school team....quarterbacks are players that need to be able to make decisions......need I say more? The Vikings are the second biggest laughing stock, Brett Favre being the first and all time biggest joke. Actually the winners in this whole fiasco are the Packers. I don't know of anyone who could have cut Favre loose in Green Bay without being hung in the main square the next morning. Favre did them a favour by opening his mouth and they jumped at it and called him on it. He should have been tossed a few years earlier.

Vin

He's going to the hall of fame then to the looney bin. Brett has bit hit one too many times.

benmoody

what a punk...remember when John Elway beat his ass and retired with honers?....give it up old man

Kenneth

Still here. Still do.

theresa

why doesn't Brett just lay down enough of him and whatever he needs to feel this much attention at his age maybe he needs to look inside to see what he is lacking in himself

Jim Tressor

I am so excited that Favre is back! I know that some people might be mad at all his indecision, but the guy can play man. Here is a cool article about why we should just be happy Favre is back, especially if you are a Vikings fan: https://www.mindreign.com/en/mindshare/Sports/Favre-is-Back-Again/sl40763392bp488cpp10pn1.html

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments