Oprah and Dr. Oz -- Colon Ads Are a Load of Crap!

8/20/2009 12:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah and Dr. Oz Oprah Winfrey and her pal Dr. Oz are looking to kick a little ass over an Internet colon cleansing scheme.

The two daytime superstars have teamed up to fire off a lawsuit over a bunch of allegedly BS web ads for things like "Colon Pro Cleanse, Power Colon Cleanse, Colon Max [sic]" -- ads that feature Oprah and Oz's image, names and voices.

According to the suit, filed yesterday in NY Federal court, Oz and Op claim the company behind the ads are cashing in "on the false premise that [the products] have been tested or recommended by Miss Winfrey and/or Dr. Oz when they have not."

The O Squad also claims the colon offers usually "turn out to be credit card scams or other fraudulent schemes."

Oprah and Oz are suing the company for an unspecified amount of cash -- though the number is gonna be huge. They're also asking the judge to force the colon people to flush their ads down the drain ASAP.

Angie

Go Oprah and Dr. Oz! These companies are scamming many people. I am one of them. I ordered a trial offer of Acaiberryx3 and all of a sudden these people where charging things that I never even ordered. Us little people have no real recourse but Oprah and Dr. Oz have the clout and money to shut these people down and I hope and pray that they prevail.

me

41. I could care less about whats going on with Oprah. She was too high and mighty to even acknowledge that the greatest entertainer in the history of the world had died, so she can shove her law suit. I hope the other side wins.

Posted at 4:40PM on Aug 20th 2009 by Overit

Are you referring to the child molester/drug addict? And, no he wasn't the father of any of those kids (or bedding accesories). Unless he was a priest, touching little boys is wrong.

jmoney

nice

the a-hole

Colon! Oprah! First?

Melly

Then how in the flaming hellz are you going to go after them? They change domains almost daily, never happen.
Good work on trying to clear your name of them but in the end people will now only recall Oprah said something about colon cleanse and in the end (ha) will go buy up some O colon cleanse product.

atabaw

Oprah is a colon ad. (top 5!)

Eve

You would think they would have done something sooner, before so many people lost so much money. Instead of giving the money they win to charity, how about giving it back to the people who were taken for a ride.

south

But they did endorse Resveretrol which gave me the worst body rash in history. Just stay away from anything that is new to the market.

Joe

whats stuck up their butts? maybe nothing if they would endorse the product

HumanNature

There's nothing like fighting over "SH!T"!!!!

REGULAR DRINKING OF PRUNE JUICE, FRESH FRUIT, VEG AND ORGANIC YOGURT W/LIVE CULTURE USUALLY DOES THE TRICK!!!

jeremy

See what people have to say about Oprah - at www.tweetfeel.com right now she is sitting at +56% - It pretty crazy what people are saying.

crystal

8. There's nothing like fighting over "SH!T"!!!!

Posted at 11:41AM on Aug 20th 2009 by HumanNature

Thanks for giving me a good laugh!! I almost threw up my latte reading your comment!!!!!! ha ha

CRAZY IS AS CRAZY DOES

I wish Oprah would go to the land of OZ and disappear forever!

The Truth

Someone needs to go after that Video professor..His cds are not free..Got me for over $800.00 dollars before I could catch it..

JEFF

I Hope that Oprah prevails in her suit to get these shaddy companies out of business using her name or likeness in selling something that has not been proven or that is not even FDA approved. Oprah is a Brand! and when you have worked your whole adult life to make your success, then you have to have a legal team in place to counter attack all these pop-up over night companies and scams that try to prey on people by using such wording as ''As seen on Oprah'' Go oprah!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments