DJ AM Dies -- Celebrities Turn to Twitter

8/28/2009 7:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DJ AMThe following messages have been left by various celebrities on their Twitters since the death of DJ AM.

John Mayer: In complete shock.

Lindsay Lohan: i can't believe this.. i'm in shock. why? why? r.i.p. adam.

Alyssa Milano: May you rest in peace, Adam. You touched many with your light and will be missed like crazy.

Ryan Seacrest: So sad the hear about adam. a very kind and generous guy.

Dr. Drew
: I lack the words to describe my feelings.

Ashton Kutcher: much love to my boy AM.

Soliel Moon Frye
: Thank you for bringing so much music and inspiration to peoples lives. Rip Dj Am.

Heidi Montag: my thoughts and prayers are with DJ AM's family and friends.

Shanna Moakler
: My deepest condolences for DJ AM, you were a great artist and will be severely missed. My thoughts and Prayers to his family and friends.

MillerDorothy2

Serious.... Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays,Jasmine Fiore, Oscar Mayer Jr, Eunice Shriver, Ted Kennedy, Walter Cronkite, Steve McNair, David Carridine, Dominique Dunne and now HIM!!!!

ALSO THOSE OF JUST THE PEOPLE THAT DIED THIS SUMMER NOT THE WHOLE 2009 YEAR......

2009 IS NOT A GOOD YEAR AT ALL.

cynde

53. For the idiots extolling the virtues of pot, what do you think these people initially started smoking?! No one (very often at least) just randomly up and starts doing heroin or meth out of the clear blue sky...it almost always starts with marijuana working their way up to the "harder" stuff.

I BEG TO DIFFER. I KNOW MANY PEOPLE WHO SMOKE POT AND STAY WITH JUST THAT, WITHOUT HAVING TO DO "MORE". NOT ALWAYS DO U NEED A "MORE" HIGH. THE MAN WAS IN PAIN, NOT THAT WHAT HE DID WAS RIGHT, BUT UNLESS U WALKED IN HIS SHOES, WHO ARE U TO SPECULATE?? RIP ADAM!!!!!

mrs. jones

Many people here don't understand PTSD. It's not just emotional, it's physical--the trauma messes with your brain synapses and ability to regulate mood and sleep. You repetitively experience the intense fear of the moment you thought you were going to die. You likely can't empathize...Am was a kind soul, didn't harm anyone while on the planet, just lost the battle he had been dealing with since the place crash. Compassion, not criticsm. Rest in peace AM lover of music.

gus

thank you SO much for removing Heidi Montag from the main page.

Krissy

I was saddened by the news of DJ AM passing even though I am not very familar with him. What shocked me was all of the people who made it the butt of their attempt at a joke in the prior comments listed. Many of you mention that he wasted a 2nd chance at life. My first question would be this...Have any of you survived a true brush with death? Most likely you haven't. As a woman who was held at gun point in my home when I was 6 months pregnant I can tell you one thing, there is some very serious stress involved in being a survivor. Perhaps he felt as if he should not have survived. Perhaps he felt as if he death was lingering around the corner. Perhaps he was lost, sad and confused. Obviously the guy tried and successed for years in remaining clean while working amoung crowds of partiers. How dare you judge and make wise cracks about a man you never met. You all are nobodies poking fun at a guy who made something of himself in 36 short years of life. Show some respect. RIP Adam.

libsterleo

Well, if you want to boil down what DJ AM did to it's simplest form, yes, he did just play other peoples music. But if you have ever been to a club and heard a really awesome alternate version of your favorite song, he or someone like him made that possible...go look. Lots of artists employ DJ's to mix their tracks to make them more clubby. And did anyone step back and consider that perhaps if it is an overdose that perhaps he was still in enough pain from teh plane crash that he was still taking prescription pain killers?! It happens people. Instead of calling him a loser druggie, perhaps you should try to see a different perspective other than your own!

stacy

You people that are making stinking remarks about the loss of this young man are disgusting. It is so unfornutate that this young man has died. I don't care if drugs were the cause or not. I have been sober for almost 4 years and it is a battle that many deal with. Before posting your nasty comments about twittering, not hearing of his music, go do more drugs, who is next, Barker? Stop for a moment and think what if it were your brother, your son, your neighbor, co-worker. Have a heart. I never knew the man nor did I listen to his music. But I care about his family and the sadness and pain he must have felt. Open your hearts and try to feel what his family are feeling. DJ AM is in a much better place - one where he will not be judged.
May you all find peace.
Stacy

merderjunkie

Krissy, please forgive me for not addressing you more formally.
you see, no ican not show more respect. you see the only thing this guy had done to earn my respect is survive a plane crash. i dont respect the kind of "music" he created from someone else's music, i dont respect someone who did drugs in the first place to stop and be "strong" enough not to do them in an environment where he makes money playing someone else's music for a bunch of druggies. so please excuse me if i havent shown some guy that just fell off the "wagon" and did to much.

rwill4312

it's to bad that these celebrities think that there is no help or anywhere to look for help. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. I'm sure he was an influence to many in the community.

jared

well, he obviously touched more lives than anyone running their mouths on here.... that says it all

Paige

gosh some of you are so judgemental.

can you imagine what kind of anguish and pain this man has gone through in the past year. surviving a plane crash?! can you imagine the horror that he witnessed that day? i'm not saying drugs are good by any means, but geez, stop judging him!

goodness, let the poor man rest.

ggp

Damn. The dude owes me ten bucks!!!!

Anna

This is truly tragic, when are these people gonna stop with the drugs? I'm talking about the rich and famous who think they are invincible, DRUGS WILL KILL PEOPLE!

just z

Adam, blessings to ya man, and head for the light... I'm guessing ya didn't figure it out this time round, but who am I to judge/know the master plan....

And for F'S sake, John Mayer, just SHUT THE F up already! I mean really, we are sick of you sucking up the lime light of the dead. B E G O N E

p51d007

Big deal...another wannabe celebtard OD's and everyone thinks it is a big deal. Whooppiiieeee do