DJ AM 'Devastated' Over Recent Breakup with GF

8/28/2009 9:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DJ AM Sources tell TMZ DJ AM had been "completely devastated" over a recent breakup with his girlfriend, Hayley Wood.

We're told they split within the last week -- she was the one who called off their relationship.

We're also told he was having a very hard time dealing with post-traumatic stress from the plane crash he survived in September of last year.

DJ AM has been sober for nine years, but our sources say the breakup and the stress over the plane crash could have caused him to start using drugs again.

UPDATE: Hayley posted video of the couple having fun on a yacht while on vacation in France earlier this month -- the video was posted on Wood's YouTube account August 15.

After a kiss from AM, Hayley takes a leap overboard.

DJ AM: Click to watch

menopausal momma

Great comments all, but the tragedy is someone was so sad, and couldn't ask for help....no life is worth losing...depression is a disease, and until treated or recognized, can lead to tragedy and lifelong sadness for loved ones who are left to question why, and what did i miss, what could i have done.

Do not pass judgement, mourn the loss and learn......

ericagordon01

Oh man, He is dead?! Wow. R.I.P.

Poo Brains

I wonder how long before Lindsay Lohan meets the same fate. She is obviously back on the bad stuff. How many people have to die before people realize drugs are bad.

MrzGreen

R.I.P DJ AM, You will be missed; Keep spinning those records for the angels. And for those who don't have anything decent to say remember Karma is a B*tch. You would'nt like it if someone said that bout you.

MillerDorothy2

Serious.... Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays,Jasmine Fiore, Oscar Mayer Jr, Eunice Shriver, Ted Kennedy, Walter Cronkite, Steve McNair, David Carridine, Dominique Dunne and now HIM!!!!

ALSO THOSE OF JUST THE PEOPLE THAT DIED THIS SUMMER NOT THE WHOLE 2009 YEAR......

2009 IS NOT A GOOD YEAR AT ALL.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/28/dj-am-dies/10#comments#ixzz0PXKQz1GH

#7

Too young to die....horrible....tragic.....sad!

chicken head

who is this guy??

emily

I have no idea who this guy is..but he looks so young, whatever. RIP
world is not much fair this year!

Xtian

RIP when you see mike in heaven ask him if he got milk....lol! sorry but I had to....

beef

She's a pasty mutt anyway. Forget about her stank ass and go wrangle up some strange.

Mariah

MillerDorothy2:

Your list was good until you included the unknown-before-murdered Jasmine Fiore...did you know who she was before this last week/10 days?

guy branam

If that ugly skank dumped me, I'd off myself too!!! She looks like a pale Nicole Ritchie. I guess he has a type, but she looks like she needs to put down the pipe. If I were him and I lowered my standards that much and she didn't want anything to with me, I'd go pay a visit to the Demerol factory and get enough not only to go out in style but forget why I was doing it. Moral to this story is: Never get dumped by a crack head that's UGLIER than you. All I know is, I'd go back to the pipe if I had to look at that in the morning.

whocares

Who cares about garbage bags that lose the fight. May the list keep growing !!! Haaaaaa ! Take care DJ AM (Another Mishap)

Janet

Post traumatic stress. This is obviously why old Travis is so inconsiderately mean to Shanna all the time. Oh, and the stress of suing the dead pilot's families.

Try to be thankful you survived Travis. Try to be kind to Shanna. You did love her once, she was there for you after the crash, appendage or not, and she is the mother of your children and they don't need to see you belittling her all the time. ~ Besides, you could have been the one to take your life instead of DJ AM.

God Bless you DJ AM!

whocares

Maybe the girlfriend dumped him because of his drug use. Or maybe he was abusive... we don't know.