Michael Jackson Flunked His Credit Report

8/28/2009 7:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson Credit ReportHere's a shocker -- Michael Jackson had an abysmally low credit score.

TMZ has learned that in 2007, Jacko's average credit score was 563.67 (Equifax 592, Transunion: 524, Experian: 575) which most experts consider very low. (According to creditreport.com, the average credit rating for people in California is 672.)

The reasons for MJ's credit woes ... We're told he was dinged for several reasons, including:

-- A derogatory public record or collection filed
-- The amount owed on delinquent accounts
-- Number of accounts with delinquency
-- Too many inquiries in the last 12 months

We've also learned Barneys New York actually shut down Jacko's credit line after he racked up more than $224,000 in one billing cycle, this according to Jacko's credit report.

MJ's troubles seem to have stemmed from a large net worth but nearly no disposable income. As we reported earlier, MJ's "Cash in Bank" was $668,215 -- or .05% of his net worth.

SOMEONEinTheDARK

You want to impress us?

Give me the credit scores of non-minority billionaires.

dantas

yall need to realize hes Michael Jackson..we will never ever not have money. He will never be broke.

lankandiva

F**K OFF TMZ..BASTARDS..CAN'T BELIEVE THE DISRESPECT YOU GUYS SHOW MICHAEL,FIRST ON HIS 2 MONTH DEATH ANNIVERSARY WITH THAT FAKE ASS VIDEO,AND NOW A DAY BEFORE HIS BIRTHDAY...WTF?I HOPE PEOPLE INVADE YOUR PERSONAL LIVES ALSO WHEN YOU'RE NO MORE..LOVE YOU MICHAEL JACKSON..GOD BLESS YOUR SOUL..YOU TMZ AND DIMOND NEED TO BE LOCKED UP ALONG WITH ALL THE OTHER MURDERERS..VICTORY IN MICHAELS NAME..

rs

oh I get it there was a call to boycott TMZ at midnight so an aggravating story might keep us posting. Wow very funny. Signing off

Mariah

Amen posters #5-12! Spot on! This is disgusting. Where are Farrah's financial records? Edward Kennedy's? I eagerly await Dominick Dunne's...no, not really. OK, the guy was broke. Jeezus, that has been VERY well established. I can't imagine having the public know THIS much about my personal life...even if I wasn't around to see/hear about it. No wonder he was a hermit! Move on, TMZ!

I have to pay to see my own credit score, but a tabloid website has no problem chucking the credit score of a dead man onto the net for the world to see.

Marvin Gaye said it best: "What's going on?" Thank god MJ doesn't have to deal with this bull any longer. I'm sure his kids are next, sadly.

Dixie

Hey Harvey, how about a positve post for once. Perhaps you could dig into all of MJ's charitable contributions and post them?
I've got one better, maybe you could find some of the people that MJ helped out in private and see if they would like to come forward and share their true story of MJ stepping in to lend them a hand?
Would that not be sensational enough??

Let's see if you'll even let this post???
So many of my others have not!

Mariah

Finally, something MJ and I had in common! lol.

Beth

Michael owned over a billion dollar in assets. If he had any cash flow problems it was due to the 'controllers' around him. My credit score frankly is not that hot either, as I suspect many have a poor score due to current economic conditions. Nonetheless, I do not want TMZ tracking me down! However, this is getting too personal. One gift we can allow Michael is peace, and he's not getting any yet.

Lorrie

Team Harvey: And this is our business/important because...?

Oh, wait! It ISN'T our business OR important!

Honestly, dudes, you're sinking to below-gutter levels with the Michael Jackson smear campaign and fading rapidly into total irrelevancy, especially after the COMPLETELY INACCURATE heroin crap that (thankfully) made TMZ look like a bunch of unprofessional morons.

Incidentally, one of the British trashloids reported this non-news weeks ago. At least try to keep your content fresh -- can't let the Brits beat ya at your own idiotic game.

Alex

AND?? What's the purpose of this post except to try to depreciate the LEGEND that is Michael Jackson. Too bad tmz, it will not work. The man is dead now so whatever his credit score was in 2007 or June 2009, it is irrelevant. What other deceased celebrity personal financial records get probed like this. And how did you all even become privy to this type of information?

LoveHimMore

Dr. Tohme Tohme has had complete control of MJ's finances, including writing checks, and MJ said he didn't even know what was in his accounts. He was deathly afraid of Tohme, who has a history of fraud. MJ finally worked up the courage to fire Tohme a month or two before he died, and Frank Dileo helped him do it, and Tohme threatened death and destruction on the Jacksons. There are recent videos about this on YouTube. One is Geraldo, the other is GMA or Today.

no way

ok, so he had no money in the bank but asked Tohme Tohme to hold millions?
Come on Harvey, show us Tohme Tohme's finances so we can compare.

I believe MJ is a good man!

Who cares about he had low credit score!!!
Why don't you care how many people he's been help..
how many charity he's been donate..
What's about good things he has done for this world...

and how many million people still crying for his passed..
Give me a break please let him rest in peaceeeee!!!

Stop Milking his name

I am waiting for the other dead celebrities credit scores.

tmz that is a new low, even for you guys.

I will email Rev Al Sharpton about this. You racist pigs.