Pill Bottles, Crack Pipe Found Near DJ AM's Body

8/28/2009 8:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DJ AMSources tell TMZ prescription pill bottles were found near DJ AM's body this afternoon.

We're told his body was found at around 5 PM at his apartment in New York City -- he was shirtless and wearing sweatpants. He was face down.

UPDATE 10:33 PM ET: Crime scene investigators just entered the apartment with evidence bags.

UPDATE 9:15 PM ET: Law enforcement sources say the call came in at 5:24 PM -- the FDNY responded at 5:27 PM. We're told DJ AM was pronounced dead on the scene at 6:00 PM.

UPDATE 8:35 PM ET: A law enforcement source on scene tells TMZ a glass "crack pipe" was found in his bedroom. The pill bottles were found in the kitchen.

UPDATE 8:10 PM ET: Sources say a pipe commonly used to smoke drugs was also found inside the bedroom.

UPDATE 7:51 PM ET: We're told his body has not been removed from the apartment.

Story developing...

DJ AM: Click to launch

cjs

Shalom Adam .

bob

finally this peice of crap is out of his misery

still cumming

how bad is life that you haveto let pills take you from it? i guess a another dj job is open? good for the unemployment!!

When will people realize drugs, perscriptions included, can kill! Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson...now DJ AM (?). It is horrible how drug induced our world is today---starting w/our children. It needs to stop!!!!!!!

Sandy

What a waste. He should have been grateful at his second chance and turned his life around. He could have went back to his Jewish roots and got married to a nice girl and have a family, and get a real job. I dont know why people are so attracted to the destructive hollywood life of drugs, fast women, and fame.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

I know what? How about we just shut down every pharmacy in Hollywood. It won't solve the problem but it would help!

LenieBaby

No disrespect to DJ AM or anything i know it must have been a scary thing to go through but why are people saying its ok for him to be taking prescription pills because he was in a plane crash and yet everybody slates MJ for doin it i really dont understand ....

Joanne

This is really sad. I think he had 'survivor's guilt'; guilt that he survived, when the others didn't. Like someone else before me said, he was given a second chance at life. My condolences to his family and friends. So sad..

cherryblossoms

I hope you are finally at peace, you went through a lot and I just hope you found some sort of comfort and peace now, R.I.P. you were a great gifted inspiration that will never be forgotten and always missed and loved, my prayers are with you and your family, friends and fans at this very difficult time.

STFU TMZ YOU ARE IDIOTS

Make them get their pills from another town.

Raven

I for one will believe if drugs were involved,it was accidental,as I don't believe he would've killed himself,depression or not.He was too vocal about how in awe he still was that he survived the crash & that his life was going so well. Unless a suicide note,no way I believe it was intentional,at the very most,possibly too much meds to quell the pain,but never intentional.....RIP Adam.

MikeTiffWBAna

R.I.P DJ AM ...Gone but not forgotten ...Club Rain Las Vegas wont be the same...

jm

I am sorry to hear this. His life was spared in that plane crash, so he could waste it on drugs, and eventually kill himself. I hope he rests in peace - I think he should have taken the opportunity given him, and make a difference.

amy

Normal-ish?? He was and just had problems... RIP ADAM GOLDSTEIN..

Anthony gibbons

This guy gets a second chance at life! So yeah i hope this wasn't self inflicted..RIP Am