DJ AM's Body Removed from His Apartment

8/29/2009 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DJ AM's body was removed from his New York City apartment late Friday evening. Sources tell TMZ he was pronounced dead at 6:00 PM Friday -- prescription pill bottles and a crack pipe were found in the apartment.

Kooky Fan

I just survived a heart attack - every day is a gift. I guess I don't understand why people abuse themselves, but I can't judge him after what he went through.

It's just a sin that there isn't more help for these people, other than doctors prescribing drugs.

RIP DJ AM

GRouston

Addiction is out of control because we still fail to understand the scope and the rudiments of addiction, fail to recoganize it in ourselves and others and finaly we believe the so called experts that are just guessing when it comes to treatments, Doctors that prescribe alternatives to cover up the symptoms thus failing to treat the root causes. Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, any addiction has a root cause or causes, if we fail to treat this devistating disease of the mind, body and soul we have lost the battle. Some are fortunate like myself and get the proper treatment with tough love, its worked for me the past (34) years and it can work for anyone that is wiling to get honest, admit defeat and go through the pain of getting sober and straight, the outcome is well worth the effort. www.gordonrouston.com, my struggle, the Hell of Addictio, what it did to me and how I finally overcame. There is HOPE! We focus on cigarettes, heart conditions, obesity, cancer, HIV-AIDS, many other malady's and fail to focus on another-ADDICTION, it is a killer and destroyer of millions. Lets work together and offer some HOPE for all addicts, Love them, don't condem them, help with TRUTH and LOVE, real solutions.

amanda green

very, very, sad. and to all who are saying bad things about people who dye, be prepared you to will one day die and we all will meet face to face what will you say then? its very bad gris gris to talk ill about the dead, so next time something bad happens to you remember things youve said and done and you'll relize your gettin yours, you deserved this. pest in peace to all who have died. im not sure what happens after death but i hope all the pain, fear, anxiety, and bad things just go away.thanks amanda

Mac

Funny how the drug lifestyle is glorified till someone drops dead and everyone starts kissing their ass. Where were all of you ass kissers when he was getting high? Lots of people have gone through traumatic and don't rely on drugs. No pity here. Maybe that poser Travis will be next

J C

Thank you counter culture for de-sensitizing us to the danger of addiction.
Isn't it great !!!If it feels good do it.(sarcasm)

Lou

I hope the poor guy at least got LAID this week...

SP

He was given a 2nd chance after the crash, but just threw it away.If it were not for the crash I would not even have know who he was.

Wow people are nasty!

Does it matter that he was on drugs? I'm sure everyone that is posting hateful comments knows someone on drugs and would be devastated if this happened to them. People are so heartless and may this man rest in peace! Even though he was on drugs, no one knows what his relationship was with our creator. Only God can judge him and I'm not sure if he's in heaven or hell because I am only a human, but I do know that we will all have our day of judgment. RIP Adam...

doc murry

THE DUDE WAS A NOBODY WHO PLAYED RECORDS BIG DEAL..IF YOU CANT HANDLE LIFE THEN DO US A FAVOR AND CHECK OUT,,MORE OXYGEN FOR THE REST OF US..THANKS DJ GUY..WHOEVER U WERE..LOSERRRRRRR

seabee

DJ was a recovered addict. Last year he was in a plane crash and got burned requiring pain medication. He was probably prescribed oxycotin or some other highly addictive prescription and got rehooked. As a former serious drug addict, he needed to be monitored closely by his doctor. Who was still prescribing him meds a year after the accident?!?!?! These Hollywood doctors are literally KILLING people. And why are 75% of actors on something anyway? What's wrong with their psyches?

LadyG

Zero sympathy. He was an ungrateful hypocrite. He was given a second chance at life and didn't appreciate it one bit. His MTV show was about drug addiction. Yet another Hollywood "celebrity" making money by telling people not to do drugs od's. Priceless.

LadyG

seabee, I'm happy that you were able to get clean. The Dr.s did not hand him the crack pipe. He is to blame for that one

neil

he was a good dj no one wwill forget that abot him R.I.P

Chyna

wow.... I'm speechless..

John

I'll reserve any snide comments because it is a death after all...but...oh what the *$@#.
MAN I don't care! These so called celebrities with their whining, spoiled, in excess lifestyles bore me to damned death.
"Oh- Im heartbroken that my girlfriend is gone."
GET OVER IT! MOST of us deal with stuff each and every day. Be it a break-up, job loss, having trouble paying bills, rent, utilities. Wondering what the future holds, etc, etc, etc.....
In a TIP to all of you "celebrities" that just can't seem to cope.
GET A HOBBY, GET A PET, GO SHOPPING....
DO SOMETHING other than sit there and get completely vaporized doing drugs, meth, booze, vicodin, Propofol, whatever!
FIND SOMETHING TO DO!!!