Jackson Estate to Pay for Burial Costs

9/2/2009 1:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A judge just granted Katherine Jackson's request to have Michael's estate pay for the cost of the singer's burial.

Jeryll Cohen -- a lawyer for the special administrators of Jackson's estate -- said in court today that the expenses for Michael's burial on Thursday are "extraordinary."

But Cohen also said this isn't your run-of-the-mill burial ... and that the administrators "understand and appreciate" the scale of the event.

Jackson will be buried tomorrow in The Great Mausoleum at Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, CA.

janalal4

illusionist

I love you more, Michael!

Irene

Everything Michael ever was has gone 10 weeks ago.
All that's left now is just his body, "the house" he lived in for 50 years.
Maybe when you try to see it this way, that they are just going to lay his body to rest and not WHO HE WAS, it is less difficult.
For me it works when I look at it that way and it doesn't hurt me so much.
Everything that is going on around the funeral I mean.
I said goodbey to him 10 weeks ago, not tommorow.

Christine

For me, tomorrow wll be a very very sad day. I love you Michael. R.I.P

danica

Most funerals usually cost between $10-$12,000. But those don't have to worry about grave robbers and additional security to make sure that you can peacefully bury your loved one.

Michael was an exdtrordinary human being who was kind, generous and a musical genius. He deserves the best burial.

Cali MJ Fan

102. BURIAL SITE:It's supposed to be a garden plot. I just read it in a news article a few minutes ago. Another one of those last minute Jackson changes. Supposedly to get him next to Walt Disney. That way the whole family also can be laid out in their own adjacent plots(12 of them) that they bought at the same time. Holly Terrace I think they called it. Not the Great Mausoleum after all.

Posted at 2:38PM on Sep 2nd 2009 by janalal4

************************************************************************

Quoting the AP article:
Jackson is scheduled to be interred in a mausoleum at Forest Lawn Glendale,

It appears Michael will be in the Mausoleum while family members will be in the 'private garden' previously referred to. That only makes sense for security reasons.

However, who are the 11 other plots for ... that Michael is also paying for?

From the AP: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5h9a7kycTsBsS5YVilTVuapWmQ4JgD9AFAO4O0

"Few details about the service have been disclosed. Cohen said during the hearing that part of the reason it was so expensive was because 12 burial spaces were being bought.

Beckloff said normally, costs of a funeral would be paid by the estate after the service. But Jackson's family couldn't afford to pay the costs upfront and wait for reimbursement."

REALLY REALLY TASTELESS!

barb

This is disgusting! That deadbeat family leeched off of MJ all of his life. Not only did those greedy SOBs get the $3 MILLION life insurance now they get the court to pay for his funeral.

I am so glad I bought all the MJ music and videos I wanted before he died. I will never spend another cent to buy another MJ thing until Katherine dies and her 40% goes to Paris, Prince and Prince II.

I won't help to finance the life of luxury the Jackson deadbeats have enjoyed off of MJs back

LucyInTheSky

LucyinTheSky please tell: who was the 'Sandman' who came to visit
that night???
Good to hear that finally the bodyguard and personal assistant have
been interviewed in depth. Hope some justice for Michael comes out of
that.
Posted at 6:44AM on Sep 2nd 2009 by bunnyc
**************************************
Randy Jackson came to visit and spent that night at MJs.
Randy Jackson is the "Sandman"

Media stated so again in a recently reposted article.
Search for it.

HasBeens

I don't know why people are so judgmental towards his parents. No one really knows what/how Michael was raised except the immediate family. Yeah, yeah, I know, "Well, Michael said..." Yeah, I love Michael too, but what he said was subjective, and plus I think a lot of people make it more outrageous than he meant it to be. Regardless, Michael forgave his Dad, he thought the WORLD of his mother, and I think that should be enough to convince everyone that, for the most part, he wasn't as miserable as some people seem to think.

I know Michael didn't plan to die, but I really wish he had left his affairs in better order. I hate to see his mother have to run to court everytime she needs something. I know there's no getting around this since so many people think they're going to mismanage the money. But there should be a better way to do things.

RIP Michael. (I hope)

LucyInTheSky

*****PM is Karen Faye, Michael Jacksons "masked" crusader and
champion. She pulled our, the "Clue" players, "strings" so the TRUTH would be revealed here on TMZ.

She made her identity known to us way way back on TMZ AEG board
through her own post and her helper "Observer" who is still with us
here at TMZ today helping to pull the interwoven threads of TRUTH
together.

He has spoken only once since the AEG board, leaving the message for us that he used to drop in once in awhile to read our posts and drop us a line or two. He encouraged us to return to the boards and continue to write and to not be discouraged or scared away by imposters cloning our usernames. He remains here even today, but is now only a silent vital helper.

Della responded to his blanket request. I watched as she unknowingly responded.

barb

REALLY REALLY TASTELESS!

Posted at 2:49PM on Sep 2nd 2009 by Cali MJ Fan
*****************************************************

They blew the 3 million bucks life insurance payout already??!!!

chloe

This family is all about MONEY, I shouldn't say all, Janet hasn't been seen plastered all over tv and she made her own money. I get sick every time I see any of them on TV saying what Michael wanted, they didn't know him, if they did they would have known he was an addict. What Michael was to them (including his Mom) was an ATM nothing more nothing less. LaToya and Jermain are the worse whores among all of them. Katherine spends more time in court than she does w/her grandkids. How come she has so many kids living with her there? I don't get why she is raising so many kids, were are their parents? Can't they support their own children, I'm sure MJ did. I am not a fan of MJ but i can see how he was so used. His family talks about all the people responsible for his death, they never blame him or even themselves. They are media whores. I bet their will be a video of the private cermony up for bid by them for them. I think sadly the kids look happier now than they did w/their Dad, maybe it was just that they had to look like freaks in the masks.

mddiva

They probably had a section built for him in the mausoleum. Well whatever it takes for his body to rest in peace and no 'Wackos' who keep calling him a pediop*** and such can get to him and desegrate his grave. From the few pictures I've seen of the space it appears to be beautiful and peaceful. RIP MJ. We will always love you.

doc murry

it would be funny at the funeral if when they take him out of the hearse it slipss and goes rolling down the hill and hits a car a breaks open and ol michael comes jumping and does his moonwalk..now i would pay to see that

LucyInTheSky