Randy Jackson: Don't Air Footage of MJ's Funeral

9/4/2009 10:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Randy Jackson is furious footage of Michael's funeral at Forest Lawn is being broadcast all over the world, saying it was a private event and not meant for the public to see.

Jackson just released a scathing statement condemning those who violated the no-fly zone over Forest Lawn last night -- asking all media organizations to refrain from airing any more footage of the event.

Here's Randy's full statement:

"As a family, we are all aware of how Michael's life, and his death, touched so many around the world. It is why we held a public memorial in my brother's honor.

And it is the reason we chose to release a small amount of footage leading up to yesterday's ceremony at Forest Lawn.

I was dismayed last night and again today at the coverage I saw on television of our ceremony for Michael. We had asked the media to respect the privacy and the sanctity of this event; to give us one moment of privacy to mourn as a family out of the public spotlight.

Unfortunately, despite a no-fly zone around Forest Lawn, many media organizations decided to ignore our wishes. They employed helicopters that not only surreptitiously recorded our private family ceremony, but also severely disrupted it.

I therefore ask today that media organizations airing helicopter footage of the ceremony we held for my brother immediately pull that footage from their air and refrain from airing it in the future
."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Saddenend

Uh, your picture of Jermaine, not Randy!!!

Joe

I can see the point, and i can agree, but they must realize he is the biggest Icon since elvis. He is not just and ordinary celeb.

no way

isn't that jermaine?

Audyguy

Because the State of California is paying for the funeral I need to know were my tax money is going and I know this is all crap.

Nance

Randy... get over yourself and jusy shut the hell up

nadalotta

I can't help but wonder if he's also upset because the family wanted to be able to sell exclusive footage of Michael's funeral.

~A true MJ fan from the heart~

Missing Michael Jackson to the max! "Gone Too Soon" ~A true MJ fan from the heart~

lovemichaelforever

why show Jermaine if Randy said it?

Horhay

Umm if they didn't want any of it there.. Then why allow cameras? And now the this pedophile is buried can his fans move on...

Chandler

They are publicity whores - this is getting more and more absurd. WHO CARES ANY MORE? gees

Bella Donna

Do you realize you've posted a picture of Jermain not Randy?

tiger313

I completely agree. To the Jackson family, I am sorry that the media was so intrusive. You gave Michael to the world and the world should have allowed you the privacy and decency to bury him surrounded by those that truly loved him, and whom he loved, in private. Thank you for sharing Michael with us. Our love transcends eternity.

Mr.Marcus

Please hope that the media follows the wishes of the Jackson family! Its rather ignorant of them if they dont! And real exposes the fact that they valued $$$$$ over our dear Michael's life!:-(

Yo

Randy says he just wanted "the media to respect the privacy and the sanctity of this event" Does the media even know what those words mean?

Mechelle

Ohhh! DId they get the wrong brother?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments