Randy Jackson: Don't Air Footage of MJ's Funeral

9/4/2009 10:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Randy Jackson is furious footage of Michael's funeral at Forest Lawn is being broadcast all over the world, saying it was a private event and not meant for the public to see.

Jackson just released a scathing statement condemning those who violated the no-fly zone over Forest Lawn last night -- asking all media organizations to refrain from airing any more footage of the event.

Here's Randy's full statement:

"As a family, we are all aware of how Michael's life, and his death, touched so many around the world. It is why we held a public memorial in my brother's honor.

And it is the reason we chose to release a small amount of footage leading up to yesterday's ceremony at Forest Lawn.

I was dismayed last night and again today at the coverage I saw on television of our ceremony for Michael. We had asked the media to respect the privacy and the sanctity of this event; to give us one moment of privacy to mourn as a family out of the public spotlight.

Unfortunately, despite a no-fly zone around Forest Lawn, many media organizations decided to ignore our wishes. They employed helicopters that not only surreptitiously recorded our private family ceremony, but also severely disrupted it.

I therefore ask today that media organizations airing helicopter footage of the ceremony we held for my brother immediately pull that footage from their air and refrain from airing it in the future
."

Googie

He's right! Whose going to want to pay to see it if they can see it for free. If they wanted it private why not have the service inside... Why not hold services under a canopy.... Why have cameras there at all.... Why, because they're going to peddle it. It's going to be packaged with footage showing the kids probably brining flowers to where he is finally laid to rest. Why is Joe Jackson front & center if he's not directing this money making film footage. Everyone had to have their makeup, especially Joe Jackson that's why they were so late to the services. Oh please Jacksons stop with all the melodrama. Your cash cow has departed and you're still trying to cash in.

Tired of the BS

Ok, so lets walk through this. It's L.A.where helicopters are notorious for celeb shots, it's Micheal Jackson, and they chose to have an outdoor memorial! If they did not want the helicopters and media taking photos then out of the butt load of money they spent on all the BS like their "Phantom Rolls Royces" and crap like that they could have put up some tents to block the view! We are not idiots they are all using him in death just like they did in life!

MiMi

Where was the respect for the guests while they waited for an hour and a half in the heat waiting for the family to arrive?

Sorry, just needed to vent.....

Taty

All of this is a big, fat mess! I do agree with Randy on filming at the after party. Can you say TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE? But i dunno why he's whining about the burial. the jackson family GAVE the media permission to film it. wtf.

emily

privacy MY ASS, randy.
michael loved his fans much more than he loved that crappy family.
thats exactly why he would spend more than a year not talking to them..all they want is money. they sold the rights of this funeral to A&E, of course they dont want it to be broadcasted around the world!!

Linda

To the person that stated that the State of California is paying for the funeral ah get the facts straight the estate is paying for it. And to all you haters out there just let the man rest in peace, he was caused enough misery by you in his life he is dead and your still figgen at it! Shut the hell up!

jordan

I would agree if it wasn't for the fact that I believed a lot of the "Private Ceremony" wasn't going to end up in a Michael Jackson movie. Except for Micaels Mom, Janet and Jermanie it looks loike the rest of the family just wants to cash in on him. Sorry if I'm wrong but it sure looks that way to me

We miss you Michael. Hope you find the peace you never found here

Michael Jackson's Voice

Here is the problem.. First the media have no respect for ANYONE let alone Michael Jackson. Second They were filming the whole thing theirselves for either the "This Is It" tour film or for that A&E special.. so what is he talking about if they are going to put it in a movie or on T.V, Then it isnt meant to be private. BUT here is the other side.. They had the right to have peace and quiet while they held the final ceremony. So no one wins here. Except Michael.. now they will have to LEAVE him ALONE! And they CANT put any cameras in his crypt either... He wins!! Privacy for sure...
Love you more Michael.. Sleep well!! See you in the Resurrection!!

meat

His head is definately getting too big....Just look at the damn pic!!! omg

sickofKate

He's just upset because they plan on getting paid for the footage from A&E and it might mess up their payday!

lovemichaelforever

THERE YOU GO. IF I HAVE TO PURCHASE THE FUNERAL SEPARATE FROM THE REHEARSAL FOOTAGE, I'LL PASS.

Levente

Is it wrong that I read the first part of this and thought.... huh. I didn't know Randy Jackson was a part of the Michael Jackson hooplah.... I wonder if Simon was there... TOTALLY thought they were talking about "the dawg". Hahaha

NCB

Perhaps they should have kept the date they were going to BURY HIM A FREAKING SECRET instead of whining about privacy, and not make sucha huge deal about it in the first place...I mean, we even knew that they were getting "special doghnuts". Of course the media isn't going to "stay away"- come onnnnn now. MJ is the biggest icon there has been so it's pretty much retarded to think that his funeral wouldn't be covered. DUR!
And the ppl that keep posting "Yeahhh! respect the Jackson's wishes!" - you know you stayed up all night and watched the damned thing on TV.

Cali MJ Fan

The statement is from Randy and the pic is of Jermaine. Someone @ TMZ doesn't know their Jackson brothers LOL

But why did he wait till almost 24 hours after the funeral to say something?

Is there other footage out there beyond the children walking to the casket to place the crown? After that, the live feeds on KTLA & KABC's sites went dead.

Ana4

There's something that doesn't sit well with me. Asking for privacy, then selling the rights to the footage. If they want their privacy, I'm willing to give it to them. I don't have to buy MJ stuff or watch a pathetic fame wh**oring A&E special. They need to learn to respect the fans and to respect MJ. They have been horrible, money grubbers. Poor man had to pay for his own funeral. All that he has given them, they have given them nothing. I'm not sure that I feel comfortable with my money supporting this greed.