Randy Jackson: Don't Air Footage of MJ's Funeral

9/4/2009 10:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Randy Jackson is furious footage of Michael's funeral at Forest Lawn is being broadcast all over the world, saying it was a private event and not meant for the public to see.

Jackson just released a scathing statement condemning those who violated the no-fly zone over Forest Lawn last night -- asking all media organizations to refrain from airing any more footage of the event.

Here's Randy's full statement:

"As a family, we are all aware of how Michael's life, and his death, touched so many around the world. It is why we held a public memorial in my brother's honor.

And it is the reason we chose to release a small amount of footage leading up to yesterday's ceremony at Forest Lawn.

I was dismayed last night and again today at the coverage I saw on television of our ceremony for Michael. We had asked the media to respect the privacy and the sanctity of this event; to give us one moment of privacy to mourn as a family out of the public spotlight.

Unfortunately, despite a no-fly zone around Forest Lawn, many media organizations decided to ignore our wishes. They employed helicopters that not only surreptitiously recorded our private family ceremony, but also severely disrupted it.

I therefore ask today that media organizations airing helicopter footage of the ceremony we held for my brother immediately pull that footage from their air and refrain from airing it in the future
."

Mary

Ben

56. I think they are trying to cover something up.

Did anyone else notice how, um, awkward MJ's oldest son was walking?

Me thinks he was drunk or loaded at the funeral. Check out when he fist climbs out of the Limo, then watch him staring into outerspace and then jumping up and running out of view on other shots.

Posted at 10:11PM on Sep 4th 2009 by Martin

Um, first of all, you're a complete moron. Second of all, those kids have been dragged through SEVERAl 'funerals' and ceremonies for their dad. I'm sure they're exhausted, scared and more confused than ever, so to say that a child that's been through what these kids have was 'drunk' is a bit out of line...but again, consider the source, you friggin' idiot! NOW, YOU go grab a beer, beat on your wife a bit and dig the lint out of your naval; your regular Friday night follies!

Della

68. Does anyone remember seeing the footage of the 30th anniversary when Michael went to take center stage in one of the songs and Randy pushed him back. I dont think that was planned by the look on Michael's face. That kind of pissed me off when I saw it.

Posted at 10:18PM on Sep 4th 2009 by rs
**************

You should watch that again. Randy sang the song wrong and it pissed Michael off. He was pissed! Randy was singing, You, down with OPP. Look at Michael's face and actions, he just stopped singing.

Jill

He is not complaining about the footage up to the point where the hearse brought Michael. That was agreed on for the fans. That is when CNN's coverage ended. There is other footage from the air, etc. that is the issue that was never agreed upon. Don't jump on his case. He is defending his brother and family. You should be attacking the media skanks that always go too far because they have no souls! This family may not always say or do the appropriate thing, but who's family does? We can thank God we are not in the spotlight 24/7. I believe they loved Michael. This is Michael's family and when you attack them you attack him.

mjjfan50

BTW Randy, that sharpton guy twittered throughout the funeral (LOW), where's the outrage??

lovemichaelforever

No PYT, MJ was apple-head

rs

I do enjoy their talent. But I believed in Michael as a human being I think he used his music to touch hearts and try to heal the world. and I think he did a lot for the world and nothing and no one will stop me from saying that I thought he was a great man. If that pisses people off so be it. I dont care I think Michael tried to send out a powerful message of love and i will always respect him for that. I will continue to say that when ever I want.

patilee

Leave Them Alone - and you know all this is true because......

moveover

Like Princess Diana after she was killed ..... Michael Jackson will soon be forgotten. Out of sight, out of mind. Get over yourself, Randy. This is the most face time you've had since Ed Sullivan went off the air.

Homie1Kanobe

And the 3 RING CIRCUS continues, stop that air time,sell that air time.WE NEED ALL THE AIR TIME WE CAN GET. We have the tour coming up, DVD SALES, Keep your show face on,WE GONNA GET MO MONEY,MO MONEY..Train them spolied kids, they worth mo money.lets go no time to rest.........

Cali MJ Fan

61. TMZ HAS THE RIGHT PICTURE ITS RANDY!!!! Jermaine was never bald. You guys are thick.

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Posted at 10:15PM on Sep 4th 2009 by DUH
***************************************

They changed the picture dork. It *used* to be Jermaine.

Guess the brains of TMZ are on vacation. giggles

Della

77. If you want to see pay up !!! get it! Maybe they can squeeze a few more dollars out of all this. They don't care about fan's, just the money they can get from it. Old Joe what a guy.

Posted at 10:25PM on Sep 4th 2009 by Mary V.
*****************

I would rather eat dirt than give you my money that you are using your dead brother for.. Greedy az.... Lord give me strength to be a better person than to go off on him again!

LucyInTheSky

48. No fly zone Randy? News flash dude... this isn't Iraq buddy!

Posted at 10:06PM on Sep 4th 2009 by GeeStar
**************************
Isn't that the truth.
It also wasn't a Presidential or top Government event.

I understand the privacy part, by allowing the first part to be televised, you whetted the publics appetite for the rest.

You're so obvious.

If you had wanted total privacy:
I'm sure there are spacious inside A/Cd facilities at the Great Mausoleum to accomodate this meager size attendance or one nearby on the premises. This is FOR SURE not the first funeral held at ForestLawn. Nor one of the most lavish.

I can also understand ditching the first plans of holding the intimate service amid such works as the "Lords Last Supper". Imagine there is some tinge of conscience stirring in yourself and a few of your family members. It would have made you uncomfortable.
And understandable so.

Why don't you take those dark glasses off once in awhile Randy?

pride

pride [prīd]
n (plural prides)
3. feeling of superiority: a haughty attitude shown by somebody who believes, often unjustifiably, that he or she is better than others

lovemichaelforever

Patilee,
you don't know who posts on these sites...

Denise do Rio de Janeiro.

See images of the interior of the mausoleum of Michael Jackson

A day after the funeral of the King of Pop, 'JN'da Globo TV managed
to film the site.

I do not know if it'll happen, the more I'm trying to give you the
video.