MTV Skateboarder -- Underage, Overpaid

9/5/2009 2:47 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ryan ShecklerBefore he even got his high school diploma, MTV skateboarding star Ryan Sheckler was already pullin' in more cash more than most college grads.

TMZ obtained his official MTV contract -- filed with the courts back in '07 because he was a minor. The docs show that when Sheckler was 17-years-old, dude was making $9,617.70 an episode for his reality show "Life of Ryan."

The docs had to be signed by his guardian and the president of his company, Ryan Sheckler Inc -- both of whom happen to be his mom.

But Ryan wasn't the only kid from his family cashin' in -- his brothers Kane and Shane also got paid for their sidekick roles, each were $1,500 a show.

Not a bad gig for a couple of kids.

A Person

who cares

Michelle

GREAT JOB TMZ NOW THAT WE KNOW A 17 YEAR OLD AND HIS LITTLE BROS MAKE MORE MONEY THAN US WE CAN ALL RUN OUT AND GET REALITY SHOWS... COME ON THIS IS NOT NEWS... ONLY IN AMERICA..

stop the madness

Oh no not another "chil actor'whaiting to implode.This is why I dont like mtv

Anita

Sheckler is a nice guy. LEAVE HIM ALONE !!

Anita

Are you saying no one under age is allowed to make good money?
Don't be nuts.

Anita

Skateboarding is not a crime!

Anita

And this is a story - how again?
Slow news day?

Anita

MTV is geared toward a younger audience. Most of the people who post here are lucky to to able to walk, much less skateboard.LOL.

Anita

I like him.He's cute.He can jump and skate on me any day.

Sing Sing

well, to be honest, he worked hard for that money! it takes much practice to be as good as he is. at least he wasn't getting paid to sit on his ass like the housewives shows, real world, or any other of the multitude of crap reality shows. and not only was he a great skateboarder on the show, he was also a responsible and caring son and older brother. he is growing up to be a very well-balanced adult. go ryan!

Homie1Kanobe

TMZ. Thanx for lowering my self-esteem this morning, I work hard for my money,so hard for it honey,I work hard for money,so you better treat me right...I don't know where that came from.....

janja

are they missing some zero's in there cuz that doesn't seem like much money for a show, can you check those numbers

Mickey von Dutch

Only in the USA, baby.

Octowelfaremom

I saw the show a few weeks back and didn't know who he was. I just remember some young kid with a lot of expensive cars and he just bought a million dollar home. I also noticed he had a whole lot of moles on his body when he was shirtless. I hope he gets them checked out to make sure they aren't cancerous or don't turn into Cancer.

jabba

You go Ryan!!! This kid has physical talent, as much as any football-basketball or baseball player!!! Why in the hell shouldn't he be paid!!! Probably more so than some! If you happen to turn on Cribs by chance I'm saying 'who the hell is that and how did they get that?' Some surfer or hip-hop thug wanna be. No, he is not a child actor going bad you moran, he's a kid cashing in on talent!! Let's see you do what he does--break some bones, travel all over the world competing. No different than an olympic gymnist--or swimmer. Gimme a freakin' break. Those skate-boarders ARE atheletes. I sure as hell couldn't do it!!!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments