Travoltas Make Rare Public Appearance

9/12/2009 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John Travolta, Kelly Preston, and their daughter Ella Bleu Travolta made an appearance yesterday at Disney's D23 Expo in Anaheim, Calif. yesterday.

John Travolta, Kelly Preston

It was their first public appearance since their son, Jett Travolta, died in the Bahamas in January.

brian

John has a lot of sadness still etched in his face.

MichLuv

wow their smiles look so forced. why is john's shirt untucked and his tie loosened? that poor poor family

shuffler

Cute girl, she should get the close-up. Why am I reminded of the Brady Bunch when I see shots and smiles like this?

cjs

Yesterday the latest issue of Esquire arrived, I was flipping through it and saw an ad that John did for a watch, as I looked at it I thought of him and his family,it is so nice to see them smile through what can only be described as absolute pain. I truly wish them well.

birdiegirl

Sending blessings to this family!! my heart hurts for them and I can't imagine the constant pain they must feel.

Anon

I have no opinions on the Travoltas in general but this picture makes them look really sad. Not sure why since they're smiling but they do, especially John Travolta. I hope they are talking to people besides Mindhead for help.

LWH

Call Weigh Watchers, John!

mook

Kelly looks so fake, I've heard she's more into the cult than Travolta is (he's fled that mofo!)

in other $cilon couple news, I've heard that Tom and Katie are done, according to a German paper

hamilTonyan

Kelly is so beautiful, It looks like the kid is still sad .

OhReally

John Travolta is a father you dig, he hasn't been out SINCE his son died, no appearances, nothing.

Lets flip that to Joe Jackson who has been in the spotlight ever since his son died.

Think on it. Get back to me.

queensmomee

Its been too long since we have seen a smile on these faces..... my heart goes out to them and i applaud their bravery!

isthatallthereis

Wishing them sincerely the best.

Tia

They both look radiant. I am so relieved to see them getting out and about again.

Jomica Man

I'll always wonder, had these two parents not been so entrenched in this Scientology religion, and not be so much in denial about their son being autistic(as opposed to Kawasaki Syndrome), might he still be alive today. It would seem the conventional medical approach towards treating the sons condition might have been more beneficial in the long run. When you hear of other religious groups engaging in other forms of faith like type healing for their seriously ill children, that ultimately resulted in death. This truely is the the saddest or possibly the worst decision a parent could make. They'll have to live with this decision their entire life. The other thing I wonder is why the autopsy and cremation were performed abroad in a relative short time frame. I'm certain I've got my facts straight.

Xenu approved.