Janet Jackson -- Making Michael Proud

9/13/2009 10:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After a personal introduction from Madonna herself, a fully-clothed Janet Jackson took the stage at the MTV Video Music Awards to honor her late brother Michael.

Janet Jackson

In a routine reminiscent of Natalie Cole, Janet performed her part of the song "Scream" while a music video of Michael doing his part played in the background.

Previous 15 Comments | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28

Kris

Okay I got chills and a lump in my throat. Good job Janet...Michael would have loved it.

Rico

randi

458: What right do you have to say Janet is an opportunist? Maybe she went back to work to try and get her mind off of the loss of her brother. When my husband died, I went back to work within a few days. I couldn't sit around the house and do nothing, it was too difficult. I believe the reason LaToya was at the hospital first was because she was close by. How do you know that Janet was in town that day? I give Janet credit for doing what she did. She paid a tribute to her brother, whom she loved very much. I'm sure if she was in town, Janet would have been at the hospital immediately. Don't judge until you know all the facts.

hate haters

This was crap!!! So much for not a dry eye in the house. She was so tightly bound that when she dropped down she damn near bounced back up with all that flubber packaged so tightly!!! haha ding dong the pedophile is dead!!!

Abbey

It was INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! R.I.P. Michael Joesph Jackson

Ben

458. Another opportunist Jackson. I'm really tired of Janet lip-synching. I'm glad she copied Toy with a tribute, but Latoya's song "Home" is better. Toy was the 1st at the hospital, signed the death certificate, and planned the memorial, and has since promoted Michael's charities. Janet went right back to work on Tyler Perry's movie and in the studio to record a song with a dated beat just in time to make money off of her brother's death. Sad, Sad, Sad.

Posted at 6:26PM on Sep 15th 2009 by ricky

FYI, moron, Janet has ALWAYS stood beside her brother and supported him; especially through that BS with those idiot gold-digger kids trying to hack him for cash. Latoilet was RIGHT THERE, too, but trashing Michael just as bad as those kids and their bankrupt families. Janet's a class act.

And to the jerkoff 'Sharlene'...jealous because you couldn't look that good no matter how much you stuffed your fatazz into a blowup raft? Jealousy is SOOOO unattractive, so try and get some therapy for that and get over yourself.

cro cop

charles

awsome!!! i caint stop watching but i wish she had performed longer

Ben

465. well i think that she was not so good. she put her legs on the stage with too much negative energy as we dont know that she is a sister of michael jackson.. and madonna can save as also from her "saint words". it is too late now.

Posted at 7:35AM on Sep 17th 2009 by lemy

I agree about Madonna, but for Janet, I can't imagine how tough that had to be up on that stage with her and Michael's video playing; trying her best to keep it together. I can still see the pain in her face.

charles

i don't get what on earth or in heaven that you mean when you say she 'PUT HER LEGS ON STAGE WITH TOO MUCH NEGATIVE ENGERY' that sounds retarded then to say we don't know if she is the sister of micheal???!!! lemy are you taking proprofol or demoral cause you sound like you on something other than stooopid. JEEZE! Some people...

MJfan

Janet Jackson is wearing black and white clothes and the great music video "Scream" is shot in black and white is there some meaning behind all this?? Janet looks so angry. Is Janet angry with the media and all the Michael Jackson haters? I am a huge Michael Jackson fan I love him and I love Janet Jackson too! Michael loved Janet his "funky little sister". Janet his "Dunk" as he called her. Sadly I don't trust Joe Jackson and Jermaine Jackson I am not a fan of that dynamic duo Joe & Jermaine I want to like them but I can't something in me will not let me.

Celia

It was merely GREAT!
Janet looked good and it's the pleasure of all her fans!
Goo Janet, Love u !

abigail

hi janet i cnt belive that someone will give michael this kind of chripment i sorry for michael but i feel your pain i lost my brother a week after michael so i feel exra pain so were is your next perfromes so can we meet if thats if you want to my brother was 19 years old you got to spen more time with your brother then i did so be happy because you are a strong black woman and i belive in you more then 999,999,999 999,999,999, of your fans there is not one day that i dont think of michael and my brother just miss him much52 gran mother had to tell me and she look young because she was the onle one that now how close that we were.so just be happy that you got to spen more time with him can we just meet someone pleas when my brothe died i was only 10 so come on if yes then write me on myspace my email is teardrop12@mymail.com

shraddha girkar

i am a big fan of michael jackson as i think so.i feel very sad about the m.j. we love michael jackon very much. In INDIA all people michael jacko. he promised all people in INDIA that he will come again.biut this wish not done.i hope where he is he love us.

shraddha girkar

i am a big fan of michael jackson in my college & in india. i'm inspired by m.j. dance moves.my friend called me m.j.my friend told me that m.j. was not dead.he is live.it's true or not, i don't know.but we still love him forever.

Previous 15 Comments | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28