Madge & Kanye -- It's All About Me!

9/14/2009 10:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson and Taylor Swift were honored last night at the VMAs -- but thanks to Madonna and Kanye West, you'd barely know it.

Madonna & Kanye
From Madge's opening speech, which was as much about herself as Michael, to Kanye's Taylor Swift diss, it was a self-serving night.

Our question for you ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Doug

I think a lot of folks missed what Madonna was going for: Michael was so huge and had such an international appeal and no other artist could match him in that respect except Madonna. As she pointed out that while Michael may have been condemned by many, so too was she. I think that strengthened any kind of connection or bond they may have had and rather than trying to draw attention to herself she was trying to make the public aware of the authenticity and depth of her words by their (her and Michael's) shared common experiences.

Tired

Madonna isn't the only narcissist these days. Someone else can't stay away from cameras talking about how wonderful he is. It's embarrassing!

Sono

At least Madonna covered up her hands & arms this time.

Kanya is still a racist Douchebag.

aydaliz

WFT???? WHO LET HER TALK??? SHE'S WAS ALL ABOUT HER.... SHE SUX I GUESS THATS ALOT BETTER THEN A DOUCH LIKE KANYE

Amanda

The ONLY thing that kept Madonna of the front page of the news for being so narcissistic last night was Kanye. Madonna should thank Kanye and then Kanye should go away!

susan

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Madonna's speech was self serving and had more to do with herself than MJ. This is the same woman who took movie cameras to her mother's grave to show her rolling around on it.

Punkarazzi

Madonna's speech was actually great. She has a unique perspective on Mike, and is one of the few people on this planet who can relate to fame on that level. Kanye's just a loser.

just sayin

I actually liked Madonna last night. I thought she did a good job! Give her a break TMZ. You can't even compare Kanye's diss to her speech. Kanye was sooo disrespectful!

letz byonest

madonna you did great! kanye - not so much

BEYONCE HAS SO MUCH CLASS!!!!

haskel420

DIDNT beynce win enuff anyway..and she won BET awards and all that for her music..KAYNE IS JUST A P.O.S. if it had been a black girl that won over B he wouldnt have cared

sue

i found madonna to be very respectful in her speech and i truly felt she was very sorry for not keeping up with michael and his frienship, and for that i think she did a great job.i didnt feel she needed the fame she is a icon all on her own. however kanya was being very disrespectful to swift and he should have been escorted out which he was, who is he to say anything about anyone else, he needs to look at himself before passing judgements.. I SAY HE AINT ALL THAT ANYWAY!!!! BUT THAT IS MY OPINION NEVER REALLY CARED MUCH FOR HIM !!!! SUE FROM TAMPA

THISISIT again MJ breaks records

I for one liked the fact that she admitted that she and all the other celebs and of course witch hunt media turned their backs on MJ. They all made a laughing stock of him.

She did what most others wont do she own up to the disgusting way you all treated him.

KING OF POP FOREVER!!!!!!!

Krystal

im glad beyonce did that!! makes me like her that much more!!

shuffler

Man, all this and Tequila's twitter page set back to UNprivate.
I can't cope...

HasBeens

I guess I need to listen to Madonna's speech again because I didn't find it self-serving at all. I was touched by the speech. I think she did a great job; better than MTV promoting this as a Michael Jackson tribute just to get ratings. Smart of them to open and close with MJ so fans would have to watch the whole show, but I didn't think they did any more of less of a tribute than BET, and they had lots more time! At least BET has consistently honored MJ since his death...MTV just jumped on the bandwagon to promote their lame as usual VMAs.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments