Aretha Franklin -- The Queen's Latest Crown

9/15/2009 12:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After sparking a fashion frenzy with her big-bowed Inauguration headgear, Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin rocked another fabulous chapeau while walking on her own power near Central Park on Monday.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1

The 67-year-old knows hat's entertainment.

pam

Oh dear...she really needs to lose alittle weight.

The Source

God bless her. I know she's heavy-set but she looks great at 67 years old. Everyone be nice... she was/is an icon. :)

Angelique

Aretha is the Queen of Soul fat or not she has money and fame so what she is fat and she 67 yrs old raised in church and so what love you Aretha!!

MZLB

screw the head piece I want to see the hand of the man that is banging that whale

coreyisdead

She looks like the coyote who eat Jessica Simpsons DOG

WillOTheWisp

Poor Aretha. I really like her. I wonder if it’s too late for her to do a little exercise. However, she does look a bit slimmer than she was in her last public picture. For her own health, I hope she can continue to just move a little more than normal, to burn off a few calories at a time. Believe me, I’m taking my own advice, too.

Love you Aretha!

uhHuh

OH PLEEEEZE....DOES THIS MEAN SHE THINKS SHE'S THE HAT DIVA NOW?? AT LEAST MATCH THE DRESS DAMMIT.

LIFE IS LIFE

I like see neked pictures of Aretha Franklin

Angelique

#4 Does it matter she's been having a man that loves her for her weight doesn't matter to all men unlike you. Hopefully one day you'll learn the hard way.

northern gypsy

hey #4 MZLB...ummm...i hate to admitt i was thinking the same thing...maybe not quit that raw...

correct... A.F. is a strong independent woman...however...her body image does not reflect that...
ok...before everybody jumps on me...she needs to take control of all aspects of her life !!!
aretha u know what i'm talkin about...

WillOTheWisp

Posted at 11:26AM on Sep 15th 2009 by LETZ BYONEST

WTH? This is about Aretha; what the hell are you bringing Kanye up for? Find a site about Kanye and type your ass off. Give the women some R E S P C T !

Roxy

She may be the Queen of Soul - but she's another famous person who feels like they don't have to pay their bills. She is ledgendary about stiffing people when it comes time to pay.

PolarBear

We need Aretha around strong and assertive, and I'm concerned about her health. Lose 50 pounds by April 2010 >>> up the calcium, drop the sugars, no big meals. That simple equation works wonders.

WillOTheWisp

That's R E S P E C T! Hee Hee!

WillOTheWisp

15. Kanye's 3rd apology on Jay Leno.... Was that really an apology??? Kanye did seem a bit remorseful. Were those tears real??? Read the text of interview here:

Posted at 11:26AM on Sep 15th 2009 by LETZ BYONEST

WTH? This is about Aretha; what the hell are you bringing Kanye up for? Find a site about Kanye and type your ass off. Give the women some R E S P E C T !

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments