Sophie Monk -- Like Captain Kangaroo, But Hot

9/20/2009 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

There's something kinda sexy about talking with Aussie babe Sophie Monk about eating kangaroos and keeping koala bears as pets.

Sophie Monk

Just don't make the mistake of saying she's from New Zealand -- she hates that.

Jenny

Hahaha she's cute, she's like "can you stop talking to me i've had a few glasses of wine".

Jenny

wtf's up with the kookly ass clown

mrez golucky

Yikes! Meaty!

Sandy

Jenny, that clown is on every post. This Monk just lost in my book. Not much of an animal lover for being Vegetarian...

Mike

TMZ...Shame on you. The Koala is a member of the marsupial family, they are not bears!

angelique

new zealand dosent want that skank, aussie can have her

who gives a shit

WHO????????????????????????????

shuffler

As an Australian that, like 99% of the population, lives in the suburbs on the east coast of Australia (that's where the big cities be!), I would love it if in 2009, Australians overseas actually acknowledge that we don't live with kangaroos in our backyards - or at least don't make it seem like most of us do - unless we live in some remote town up in the sticks. Perhaps she did. I don't know.

We also don't have koalas as pets. Perhaps she did, I don't know (though I'm pretty sure this is illegal). This is far from the norm, in fact I'd be surprised if anyone has seen a koala here outside of the zoo and/or camping.

In fact, most Australian cities and the Australian population is very multi-cultural and we face the same problems most cities of the world do. Pollution, overcrowding, urban sprawl, transportation issues, misleading stereotypes (ahem), etc.

Thank you for reading.

Love, shuffler.

Linda Mott

They probably taste like chicken.

Just sayin'

WHO IS THIS CHICK AND WHY SHOULD WE GIVE A F*CK?!

The Goodie Father

shuffler, speak for yourself mate,I also live in Australia and everyone I know has a couple of kangaroos living in their backyards,hek they are everywhere,I just roasted one up for the family.

Ashleigh

OK first off thay are simply Koala's, not koala bears. And second i'm pretty sure it's illegal to keep them as pets. I think most aussies have only ever seen them in the zoo or out camping in the bush. You do actually get kangaroos in your backyard here but you have to be living pretty close to some bushland to get them. You wont find them in the heart of the city.

balls

balls

oprah

WhoTF are you TOUR GUIDE KOOKY? I thought you were a chef...

Giorgio

Sophie who??? What does this chick do anyhow. Who gives a rats backside where she is from anyway. Whats so wrong with NZ - I thought it was a lovely country. Obviously not full of precious peoples like this tart... TMZ please put celebs on your website or just bring back spencer & heidi. (Oh the humanity...)