Beauty Queen Takes It All Off

9/22/2009 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miss Virginia 2008 Tara Wheeler pulled a Britney -- but instead of buzzing off her hair from a case of the crazies, she did it for a much better cause.

Tara Wheeler: Click to watch
TMZ was there in Arlington, VA yesterday as Wheeler went all G.I. Jane in an effort to raise money for St. Baldrick's, an organization benefiting kids with cancer.

Check the before and after -- we think she actually pulls off the look.

Just sayin'

Cat Dinner:

1 can of Cat food.
Serve cold.

Avey

she looks ok...mabye another shot of her will be better

rose

Good for her. I think she has a pretty face. ;-)

Str8UpNilka

I think she actually still looks pretty good. Either way she is a cool ass chick. What a nice thing of her to do.

jim goosh

She's ugly with or without hair. Is that really the best looking chick that the depressed state of Virginia has to offer up. I doubt it. She's gross either way

me

What a wonderful thing to do for children with cancer :) Good for her!

mrez golucky

Yikes! At least, it's for a good cause!

UhDuh

That is one of the most sweetest things I have ever seen. You can tell how nervous she was. The tears in her eyes brought tears to mine. That was a very unselfish thing to do. Every woman knows how important her hair is to her and for her to make that sacrifice (especially, a beauty queen!) is downright courageous...maybe not as courageous as those actually battling cancer...but for her to show her support for those who are is awesome.

Dover

Tara,

You look beautiful with hair or without. What a great thing you did...congrats!
It really brings out your eyes.

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE

How much Heart does it take to help someone out? Just ask her.
You are a TRUE AMERICAN. And you have class.

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE

You can only rise from here girl. The truth is the truth and the truth is you are one of the best. Period!
Like Princess Diana was. Now lets not stop here. Continue on the path of Good and we the people will rise up and follow behind you.
I will not forget what you have done, ever.
Please let us know which fund you are helping and I will send a donation to the same place.

Ziggy

I think she looks great with or without. You know, cutting your hair off like that, at least for a woman, is a huge deal. Especially for a woman who's looks would have been a big part of her life. It was a selfless act of kindness, and I think it's fantastic!

nightcrawler

It was a publicity stunt. True charity should be given in secret with no benefit given to the giver.

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE

A stunt involves RISK!

This was no Stunt. And you are no Super hero nightcrawler, she is!

TheMan