Chaz Bono

The Next Bill Shakespeare

9/22/2009 2:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chaz BonoComing soon to a New York Times Bestseller list near you -- the memoir of Chaz Bono.

TMZ has learned Bono sold the rights to a book chronicling his decision to transition from a female to a male. According to a publishing source, Bono signed "a handsome, six-figure deal."

The book, tentatively titled "Coming Clean," will be published by Dutton sometime in Spring 2011.

dominique

is jus crazy to me i feel for cher she is about to mourn the lost of her daughter.god made you female and you should not change that is something twisted about it.and i not going to accept it becuase society says to its just flat out wrong

laura

The world has gone totally, officially nuts.

nancy

to each their own i guess. if god would of intended you to be a guy he,d made you that way. but thats not me. good luck to chaz

mickey

Guess you'd have to walk in (her) shoes when she was female, to discover that he is really male, huh! Hopefully, when it's all said and done, he will lose that weight. I say, give him a break! I'm sure happy to have always enjoyed being a girl. Can't imagine going through anything like that

keith

FIRST !!!!!!!!!

mrez golucky

Yikes! Boy o' boy!

mrez golucky

Yikes! Actually, Bono looks better as a dude!

lovemichaelforever

Cher must feel awful. Where is her son? The real one?

cynical@best

Six figures??? That's alot of Subway sandwiches.

Cindy

what has Chas Bono ever did to pen a memoir? she is still a woman with a bad haircut. her obesity makes her look womanly. ugh!!!

Cindy

she is NOT a guy, she is Not a Boy!!!!! she is a girl, a woman who has her head screwed up!!! plz, Chas dont cut anything off or sew anything on!!!!!!

smorbie

He is a male. In his heart and his brain he was always male. This is a real medical condition, and I am happy for him that he has finally made the transition so he can live the rest of his life with his mind and body in congruence.

As for what he's done to write a book, how many children of celebrities write books? It's pretty common and many people read them. I would dare say Bono has more interesting things to say (about his parents and growing up male in a female body) than most children who grow up with famous parents.

I think Cher has done a wonderful job of (at least publicly) supporting her son in his decision to fit his body to his mind. She is to be commended. I'm certain that she has known for a long time there was something wrong with her "daughter", and she is probably relieved that her child has found peace. Smorbie

Receptionitis15

I love Chaz! Hell, I'd date him! Congratulations and best wishes, you're an excellent role model to many.

janicebyrne01

Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Chaz Bono looks like John Candy??

christy

CHAZ BONE-OH NO

i feel bad. hope she/he finds happiness in their life.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments