Letterman Issues On-Air Apology to Wife

10/5/2009 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David Letterman David Letterman issued a "sincere apology" to his wife during the monologue of his show earlier today -- wasting no time in addressing his controversial handling of the extortion plot against him.

It was Dave's first show back since he admitted to having sexual relationships with multiple female members of his staff.

Several audience members claim Dave went on "at length" about his situation, sometimes using humor ... and sometimes getting serious.

Letterman also apologized to the women who work on his show, telling the audience he's worried that people will think he hooked up with women who were never really involved with him.

Duc

Conan is better anyway.

JJ

Dave is a dirty old man that needs to retire. He 15 minutes of fame is over.

If I was his wife, I'd kick him to the curb.

balls

balls

$$$

his name should be David LetAnyWoman...

L

I'd kick him to the curb too. I hope she has a good pre-nup.

DaveO

so what! if I had my own show I would bang any woman that wanted me to. don't forget he didn't rape any of these women. They wanted the fame that came with banging a star. Dave didn't do anything wrong. He is not in politics, a priest, he is just a man. A plain ordinary man.

UGGGGHHH

ONCE A CHEATER ***AlWAYS ******** A CHEATER.

SHAME ON YOU DAVE.

LET ALL THE WOMAN COME OUT OF THEIR CLOSET NOW. THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING.

DON'T WORRY DAVE, YOUR RATINGS WILL BEAT THAT CONAN LOSER WHO IS ****NOT FUNNY AND MAKES ME SICK************

david

dave, damm man...your 60 years old,,,

Rap sucks

Old Dave is the biggest horndog ever. No wonder he's always kissing the female guests on their hands. Or like the time he rubbed jennifer Garner's legs with oil or something. I bet he always gets some of Paris Hilton whenever she stops by. Damn, the guy really is a creepy old sex machine.

david

a sick old man just getting his kicks

david

well dave, its ok, im almost your age,,its nice to get some young punthang, because before long,you'll be eating apple sause tho a straw

moveover

Dear Regina, I'm so very, very sorry ..... I got caught! Of course, if I was REALLY sorry about hurting YOU, I would never have done it.

Nicole

I love when people only apologize and feel regret AFTER they've been caught. Does anyone ever decide during "the act" or shortly after to come clean and regret it before they get found out? Nope, guess not.

Letterman: Apology came too late and for the WRONG reasons.

my2centsworth

It was before he had a child and was married. He's human, and no one deserves to be extorted or condemned for something that was consensual and done before his vows.

d

deserves to lose wife and show!!! If you want to mess around, then be single.........that way no one else gets hurt when you mess around!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments