MTV Will Air DJ AM's Addiction Documentary

10/5/2009 12:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

MTV has decided they will air "Gone Too Far" -- the documentary series on young drug addicts that DJ AM finished just three days before he died from an accidental overdose.

The network says they got the "consent and support" of DJ AM's family before choosing to run the eight-episode series -- which features AM working with real-life drug addicts and their families to help them overcome substance abuse.

MTV released a statement from AM's family, saying:

"It is our hope through airing this show that people will get to see the side of Adam that we knew and loved, not just the celebrity DJ, but the honest and caring person who gave so much of himself to help others."

The series will premiere Monday, October 12.

me

well, if the family gives the ok, then i suppose its ok

bitzod

What a dumb a$$...poor poor me I can`t kick,he wasn`t old junkie he was still young and dumb.ANYONE CAN KICK anything they dam well want to and I don`t feel sorry for DOA junkies.I seen them everywhere and the system builds them faster than they can die off.Send them over to 3world with no food or shoes and they them die like the rest of the world does without food or homes.I don`t have time for cry baby`s that say they can`t kick.

balls

balls

doc murry

chef kooky that sounds damn good,,how about a good spagetti sauce recipe..

.and why is this loser still getting air time..nobody has even heard of this dude and noone cares

me so horny

TMZ, THIS GUY DIED FROM AN OVERDOSE, NOT AN ACCIDENTAL OVERDOSE AS YOU AND THE REST OF THE MEDIA KEEPS REPORTING ON. mULTIPLE DRUGS IN HIS STOMACH WAS NO ACCIDENT.

whats up Doctors

I was here when this site was good, where there was a forum board, And I'll be here after TMZ cleans it up again, With that said TMZ you have some garbage to take out on comment#4 Has absolutely nothing to do with The DJ AM Story Thankyou

allen

accidental overdose my ass. It was a "Overdose"
accidental death is something you have no control over.
He was taking cocaine and other drugs that's not a accidental he knows what he was doing. He was a dumbass end of story.

Amber Berglund

I'm glad they decided to air this series. The fact that he died three days after completion, shows for a fact, how serious drug addiction is and how important it is to manage it like a chronic disease.

whats up Doctors

It's funny Drugs to not discriminate, between race,creed,color,sex,rich or poor. It's a waste of how many people die each year,Over half of our prison population are filled with inmates from simple possession to full blown dealers, Here is something else for your already full plate Mr.Obama

kranepool

mtv NEEDS ratings. plain + simple. even if they have blood on their greedy hands

fernando

so sad what happend to him! i will for shure be watching the new show...snuggle up and enjoy while im drinking my chrome soda of coarse!

horndog

Who says death is always a bad career move?

letz byonest

This is awesome thanks for doing this MTV!! This is much needed and I am sure an incredible story....

CHEF KOOKY

Lincoln, NE

1. Head west on O St toward S 12th St
0.2 mi
2. Turn right at the 3rd cross street onto N 10th St
0.2 mi
3. Slight left at I-180 N
3.0 mi
4. Take exit 401D to merge onto I-80 E/US-77 N toward Omaha
Continue to follow I-80 E
177 mi
Entering Iowa
5. Continue on I-235 E (signs for I-235/Des Moines/W Des Moines)
7.9 mi
6. Take exit 8A toward 3rd St
0.3 mi
7. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for 3rd St/2nd Ave
0.5 mi
8. Turn right at 3rd St
0.5 mi
9. Turn left at Grand Ave
338 ft

Des Moines, IA

Disco Duck

....not just the celebrity DJ

Now that's funny. Maybe this "CELEBRITY" dj can hook up with that "MODEL" Jasmine.

The public is not stupid no matter what spin is put on these losers life.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments