Hands Off, Maria Shriver!

10/13/2009 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Maria Maria, cell phone cheatah! It appears Maria Shriver broke the law prohibiting driving under the influence of a cell phone -- a law her hubby supported and signed into law last year.

Kaleefornia Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
apparently can't lay down the law in his own home. Maria was photographed twice driving her car while holding her cell phone -- most recently last Sunday in Los Angeles.

Had Shriver been busted, she would have owed the bankrupt state of California $20 plus fees for the first offense.... $50 plus fees for the second. BTW, we need every dime we can get.

We called the Guv's office and Maria's rep yesterday -- radio silence.

Arnold -- She Just Doesn't Listen!!!

Dear Gov. Schwarzenegger,

While you were Twittering a few minutes ago about the "swift action" coming to Maria, your scofflaw wife was at it again -- jawing away on a handheld cell phone while driving in Brentwood.

Maria Shriver: Click to watch
But it gets worse ... while Maria was illegally yappin' away (the third time she's been photographed doin' it) she saw our cameraman catching the illegal activity on tape -- and that's when she dropped the phone in an attempt to cover it up! The tape does not lie....

Arnold, the fines are bad enough -- but do you have any idea what your Verizon bill is gonna look like?

Arnold: My Wife's in Trouble Now!

Maria Shriver's in hot water....

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has finally caught wind of his wife's illegal -- and habitual -- cell phone antics ... and now he's finally gonna do something about it!

Ahnald just went on Twitter and dropped the following note to Harvey Levin:

"Thanks for bringing her violations to my attention. There's going to be swift action."

Those Democrats -- they never learn.... right Arnold?

Jon Gosselin Ordered to Return $180,000

Jon Gosselin has been ordered to return $180,000 in marital funds, which were removed in violation of an arbitrator's order.

According to Kate's lawyer, Mark Momjian, "The remaining sum of $55,000, which Ms. Gosselin used for household bills and expenses relating to the children, will be subject to further determination by the arbitrator at a later date."

Jon is required to repay the loot by October 26 -- the next hearing -- or appear before the judge for a contempt proceeding.

The judge also ordered Kate to provide an accounting of past expenses -- also due by Oct. 26.

Kate says, "As difficult as this has been for me, I am pleased that the Court has ruled fairly on behalf of myself and my children. Now that this matter has been ruled on, I look forward to returning to private arbitration, as we have agreed to do, to resolve any remaining issues."

Oprah in Texas -- Weiner Takes All

The wait is over ... media icon and weight loss guru Oprah Winfrey just announced her latest breakthrough diet -- corn dogs smothered in mustard.

Oprah

Oprah and BFF Gayle King took a road trip to the Texas State Fair in Dallas yesterday to tape a special show -- which will air later this fall -- and based on the pictures we got of Oprah in a cowboy hat chowing down on a corn dog, she completely gave up on the traditional low-fat approach to dieting -- at least temporarily.

Our fair source claims Oprah also had herself a little of the fair's famous deep fried butter. No joke ... but so far, no confirmation on the battered butter from O's peeps.

Still, that's the kind of diet we can wrap our arms around.

UPDATE: It's confirmed -- Oprah ate the fried butter! In fact, she called it "the best treat of the fair."

What's the Big Friggin' Difference?!

Listen up sports fans, 'cause we got ourselves a good ol' fashion picture hunt. So strap on your spy shades and whip out your binoculars cause this picture hunt is about to go down!

**Hint -- there are THREE differences in the above photos!**

Rock Goddess Pat Benatar: 'Memba Her?!

In the '80s, Pat Benatar became famous with hits like "Love Is a Battlefield," "Shadows of the Night" and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot." Guess what she looks like now!

Pat Benatar

Sittin' Pretty

These dashing dudes sit like dainty dames!

Kabbalah-Bling -- Totally Strung Out!

Once Madonna strapped one on, the little red bracelets became more popular than Ed Hardy shirts at a poser party! Check out who's rockin' the string!

Red Red Twine - Launch Photos

Dollah Dollah Bills Ya'll

Money talks in Hollywood. Check out which celebs just won't shut up!

Dollah Bills

Tats Not Coming Off

Some mistakes work themselves out, while others stick around for life as a reminder of how dumb you used to be!

Hollywood Hogwarts

Whether these "Harry Potter" look-alikes really belong in Hufflepuff, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw or Slytherin is up to you -- but check out which celebs really had us seeing double double toil and trouble.

COMMENTS

warren

great, Please, Please, Please step up the pressure on people on Cell phones and texting, they're nothing but thoughtless, inconsiderate, stupid, fools. In the traffic the other day I am one who refuses to block an intersection, one of the few of course. I pull up to make an intersection clear but the woman behind me, LOOKING DOWN AT HER LAP PULLS UP AND BLOCKS WHAT I HAD CLEARED. I watched and she kept looking at her lap, oblivious to the fact she was in a vehicle that can kill you, in dense traffic, paying no attention to what was going on around her, not at all. Finally she raises her hands just enough for me to see her texting. I got out which I don't mind doing whether you're a damn fool texting, or a car load of gang bangers with a sound system disrupting my life and I'll tell you what I think about it. I did the texting motion and I waved my finger "no, no". This arrogant stupid ass fool lifts the phone up into the air and begins to text even more furiously. I can only hope that she gets a call from local authourities that someone close to her, some one very dear has just been hit by someone texting, that is the ONLY thing that can possibly get through to a fool. All summer we've witness that horrible graphic video of the teenagers being killed from texting but what can you expect, the woman i just described was in her mid to late 30's, maybe early 40's.

Maggie

I'll bet Jon is crying in his beer right about now havivng to pay back that much money. We all know that he is is all about putting money into his own pocket. Having to pay back the money he never should have taken nas probably got him pretty upset. I am glad that he has to pay back the money. After all that money should be used for the needs of the kids and not for the frivilious spending of Jon or Kate.

Soho

California cant blame it all on Arnie...Those Left Coast idiots voted to cut all their taxes, but expected all the services those taxes paid for to continue at the same level. No wonder they're broke. It's not rocket science people.

MARY MATHIS

who really cares about these 2,,,,,, we have enough going on in this country now to have to hear about all there winning.lets face it......jon is a jerk for leaving 8 beautiful kids for a 22 year old thats still dry behind her ears and does he and that young thing relalize he will be paying child support ti they are all 18? come on jon what are you thinkingthe grass always looks better on the other side, til you wake up and lost the best things you ever had 8 little innocent kids

E. Martinez

*TAMMY... those who defend Kate are being made FOOLS of too!! She was just caught LYING & still, you believe what comes out of her mouth!! If that isn't a "fool" then I don't know what is!!

I know Jon's has issue, they BOTH do but I happen to believe him over Kate any day of the week. Why? Because with Jon, at least he shows you "who" he is unlike Kate who's constantly trying to HIDE who she truly is!! And that's just 1 reason...

It has been said ON THE SHOW that Jon didn't want more kids but Kate got her way on that. Gee, I wonder what the motivation was behind that??? Umm, it's not to hard to READ between the lines or to LISTEN for youself when Kate speaks.

He ALSO wanted to stop doing the show long before their seperation but yet again, Kate wouldn't hear of it. Gee, I wonder why?? Again, try to read between the lines, it's not that hard!!

As far as the cheating. They were BOTH said to be having affairs & as I've said before, just because Kate wasn't caught in the process, that doesn't mean it didn't happen. Of course Kate wouldn't let that happen because if she had, she would no longer be able to pull off being seen as the "perfect wife & mother". Kate's got a real knack for public relations because she knew just what NOT to do!!

Don't you find it a tad bit odd that they were given a bodyguard by TLC for when & ONLY when Kate & Jon or both were out in public with their KIDS but yet KATE used him even when she didn't have the kids?? Did you see Jon using the bodyguard like that?? NO!! Gee, I wonder why?? LOL

Here's a NEWSFLASH for you.... There's no such thing as a "perfect person, wife, mother, etc" but if you try to tell Kate that, she'd beg to differ because in her mind, that's what she is.

Another NEWSFLASH... she said on The View last week that if she had to, she'd go out & work for McDonalds. Well, for those of us with COMMON SENSE & for those of us who can hear B.S. coming from a mile away, KNOW damn well Kate would NEVER work there!! If she "truly" meant it, then why won't she cancel the show, go get an application & get a job there????? LOL Oh please, please give me a good enough "excuse" when you answer that!! But don't use this... that she won't make enough money working there in order to raise her kids because that will NOT hold water!!!! LOL Peace

Jake the Rake

Why am I not surprised at the spectacle of a Kennedy breaking the law?

Deb B

It doesn't look like Maria is driving very fast if at all. You can see the photographers shawdow in on the car. He must have been pretty close to her to catch that photo...so where was she driving... in a parking lot? Did this Paparazzi push down any old ladies to get this shot... to prove some stupid point? Get a real job.

Myrick6

Kate is hiding money. Probably because she thinks its hers because she earned it. Its not any more hers than Jon's. I hate women like Kate who cry crocodile tears and try to castrate the husband. I've watched this show and I know Kate is no angel and I would have left her long before now. For all that she makes this to be Jon's "fault" she's a bit*h and belittled him constantly. He and his children are better without her, but I don't think he should be dating. He should be concentrating on his children. They're too little.

Tom

Hey Wake up everybody - Shriver is a Kennedy. Kennedys DON'T OBEY LAWS. They even KILL WOMEN and get away with it. Laws are for other people not the Kennedys. Papa Joe Kennedy was as bad as Al Capone but was never busted. Papa told all the morons he spawned, Don't you ever obey any law, do like me and you will always havef spare cash.By the way, they like to rape women too!

Luhns

I think Kates an A-hole.She just putting on a good front.Neither of them are "there for nthe kids"

Maria Venable

Kennedy's make laws. They never have obeyed the laws, and they never will!!! So, why is this still a news item????

Ed Chernick

Look at the size of that telephone. No one has used one that size in over ten years. Are we that hard up for NEWS? Give me a break. I'm no Maria Shriver fan, but let's at least keep it real.

Paul138

Typical Kennedy, they think the laws are only for the common man and dont apply to them.

John F. C. Taylor

Is she really talking while driving? Or is it as one comment said, she's just sitting there talking on her phone? Don't know why the guys sitting that way are, but I've done the same all my life. Pretty uncomfortable to sit with one foot on the opposite knee.

Ponyup

Put her A$$ in Jail and fine her half of the Governor's salary for one month!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments